Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Thotimx posted:

Our remaining recon gives a report on the final system in range ... only to discover it's not the final system in range. We found a Stable Wormhole - there are no unstable ones by the way. Wormholes connect two systems and are a one-year journey for all fleets, regardless of distance.

:eng101: There is a random event where an unstable wormhole plops a fleet en route to a system in a single turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Oh, don't worry, I'm sure the nearest neighbours will be Sakkra, Klackon and Silicoid :v:

I think brown stars are less likely to have planets, but more likely to have special events/stuff?

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Invading Orion does still get you some of their technological goodies, and in MoO 2 gaia worlds are rather rare I think?

What bugs me is that a race can be repulsive and super spies at the same time, how are the Darlok infiltrating your industry and universities when it's physically nigh impossible for any Psilon to have a conversation with them? Fair enough, at least the flavour text on the Darlok means they can just morph into psilons I guess, but why are they repulsive then? And if it's any other race chassis, the Odo gambit isn't even there! None of this makes sense, game! :freep:

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Olesh posted:

Thotimx, did you consider politely asking the Darlocks to stop spying? As frustrating as the current situation is, it's not unsolvable. The more defensive agents you have, the harder it is for anyone to succeed at stealing your precious, precious technology, and if you demand that the Darlocks stop spying, they probably will - buying you precious time to build up a nice wall of a dozen+ agents. So long as you have a decent stock of defensive spies, you should be able to leverage a bit of spy technology research to keep your precious Creative surplus safe.

The only thing you can say to a repulsive race is that I'm declaring war on you, though.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Thotimx posted:

Also: am I screwing up by having a full roster of domestic leaders? It's been a long time since a military one even became available - do I need to keep an open spot for each??

Depends, do you have leaders with only 1 or 2 bonuses? The late game has a bunch of leaders with 5 (or other absurd things that they bring with them), and I'm going to go against the grain here and say you're more or less bound to get one or two of these as things progress.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

ulmont posted:

The hell they are. Autolabs produce 30 RP with no scientist investment and only cost 3 BC to maintain. You should put them literally everywhere.

Autolabs are amazing if you get Mentox around turn 20, but where Thot is at already, they're nice but as he said there are other very good choices on that table.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

I don't remember if you mentioned this or not, but either way: To prevent rebellions, it might be a good idea to drop some additional marines on planets you've just conquered, so you'll have more troops on the ground ready to kill rebels.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Randalor posted:

So... can you use the Stellar Converter on Orion when you fight the Guardian?

Orion is an uninhabited world (:v:), so no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

I'm usually a very turtly (turtle-y?) player and I like the hyperspace flux event, because it keeps the drat aggressive jackasses stuck on their worlds while I'm doing my nerd projects and building up worlds.