Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

tigerdriver82 posted:

Please don't be true

I don't want him back and I think alot of Bulldogs fans feel the same. He was probably, in my opinion, the pebble that started the landslide that led to financial hole we're in now.

Nah hes past it. Toronto Wolfpack is my money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
It sounds more like the Bulldogs trying to generate a headline that takes attention away from their performance.

I don't believe he's signing there. If he's coming back to the NRL, it's with the Cunts.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I'm sure if he's past it the Tigers will be right there to pay him his final contract.

tigerdriver82
Jun 15, 2009

Yo, you best
~Protect Your Neck~
Ah yeah, again and again!
I'm sure he'll stay true to form and follow the money to Toronto, but if he wears the blue and white again I won't watch any games until he's gone. It's not right.

But it's footy and the right thing usually happens by accident and is quickly corrected by drink and drugs and sexual assault.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
SBW has a weird sense of loyalty. If he had wanted the biggest payday, he would have spent the last decade playing rugby in Japan and France.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
He has a verbal agreement with Politis that if he goes back to the NRL it's with the Roosters. Regardless of what you think about how he left the Bulldogs, with the man he is now that's pretty much that.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Anyone else not really a fan of Thursday night games?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I’m not a fan because i’m busy Thursday nights

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

Thursday and Monday night footy were both poo poo
Friday kick off after 8pm is fine, anything before that is poo poo as well.

SOO on weekends would be choice as well

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

bowmore posted:

I’m not a fan because i’m busy Thursday nights

It's a school night and the games are two hours later in NZ, so I hardly ever watch the Thursday games.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Monday night footy was great, it was like a reward for making it all the way through another lovely Monday.

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

ili posted:

Monday night footy was great, it was like a reward for making it all the way through another lovely Monday.

how many times did Broncos play monday night footy?

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
I liked MNF too, but yeah it was the Raiders almost every week.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Abalone Malone posted:

how many times did Broncos play monday night footy?

Probably 0. Do you watch most games or just those involving your team?

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

ili posted:

Probably 0. Do you watch most games or just those involving your team?

to be fair i do try and get to most home games, and Monday night football was virtually impossible to attend

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Abalone Malone posted:

to be fair i do try and get to most home games, and Monday night football was virtually impossible to attend

I reckon Thursday and Monday nights would be equally difficult to get to. With kids and full time work they don't do well. For that matter Friday nights aren't great with young kids and Saturday nights not much better.

But for the telly I find Mondays I'm just getting through the day and keen for some footy to wash the taste of work away, but by Thursday I've got too much poo poo to do.

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

ili posted:

I reckon Thursday and Monday nights would be equally difficult to get to. With kids and full time work they don't do well. For that matter Friday nights aren't great with young kids and Saturday nights not much better.

But for the telly I find Mondays I'm just getting through the day and keen for some footy to wash the taste of work away, but by Thursday I've got too much poo poo to do.

Friday night is good, you can kick back a bit at the end of the week, yell with a few thousand other people and maybe have a few piss-weak watered down beers.

monday night, gently caress that

thursday night, it's a bit like popping off a bit early.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

i i i i’m a canberra milk kid

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Foxtel: Every gape live, no rear end breaks

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

thanks to rugby league, especially the cronulla sharks I now know that "a bun" is a group sex activity. ie.. a cream bun

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
I'm hoping that at some point the Storm stop beating the almost-dead horse named "Canberra" and let it get up and do something.

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

TheHeadSage posted:

I'm hoping that at some point the Storm stop beating the almost-dead horse named "Canberra" and let it get up and do something.

that number 17 for Raiders is the wikipedia entry photo for "red headed gentleman"

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Canberra’s game plan is a Ricky Stuart rant about how it’s a conspiracy by the referees that’s holding them back.

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

Jono C posted:

Canberra’s game plan is a Ricky Stuart rant about how it’s a conspiracy by the referees that’s holding them back.

how good would it be if Toovey was Sticky's assistant coach

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

Croker might be too good to be lumped in with the raiders team, I feel sorry for him.
Roosters should sign him for match payments and Bentleys

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Abalone Malone posted:

that number 17 for Raiders is the wikipedia entry photo for "red headed gentleman"

seeing as he loves to go for the throat I'm assuming he's a vampire of some sort.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
If Canberra would stop doing dumb stuff, they'd probably still be behind.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

TheHeadSage posted:

seeing as he loves to go for the throat I'm assuming he's a vampire of some sort.

MiniSune posted:

If Canberra would stop doing dumb stuff, they'd probably still be behind.

lol at both of these

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Lol how the gently caress do you lose an nrl scrum nth QLD. Like lol 4 srs.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

BlindSite posted:

I dream of a day of a contested scrums where such things could happen again.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

TPJ going alright.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

BlindSite posted:

wait what am I in the union thread

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Lol at the last 5 minutes of Brocs v NQLD. They both wanted to get off asap and then the plays....

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Oh hey I had my soccer game tonight let's watch the Raiders Storm game

First half felt like it could be a hundred to nil. Can't believe it ended as close as it did.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Billy Slater would never have let that happen

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

iajanus posted:

Oh hey I had my soccer game tonight let's watch the Raiders Storm game

First half felt like it could be a hundred to nil. Can't believe it ended as close as it did.

Thursday's Super League game Wakefield vs. Warrington was like that. Warrington was absolutely slaughtering them, I stopped paying attention, all of a sudden I look up and

https://twitter.com/bet365/status/1108846528901382144

Holy cow. That second Kyle Wood try was spectacular but I couldn't easily find a clip.

https://twitter.com/TheRLScene/status/1108842497617420288

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
SL has been pretty entertaining this year. I recommend early risers in Oz tune in.

My only complaint is only a few matches are televised. But reasons and all that.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
There were two plays last night that sum up the Raiders.

Hodgson passed to Papalii on the 5th tackle twice but for two different reasons. The first one was a typical raiders move hurrr durrr one of the most professional sides in the NRL might get tricked by a power play on the 5th tackle that never ever works lets keep doing it every week. I expect to see that at least once a week for the rest of my life.

The second one though was just as bad. Sezer got tackled on the play before the 5th tackle and Papalii was standing where the 5/8th should be standing. This has been a consistent issue with the Raiders for as long as I can remember. This goes across coaches in the NRL era. How hard is it to have 3 players in a team that can count.

As for positives that CNK fellow from the warriors looks pretty decent so far.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

MiniSune posted:

SL has been pretty entertaining this year. I recommend early risers in Oz tune in.

My only complaint is only a few matches are televised. But reasons and all that.

You totally jinxed it, today's games were both blowouts. :xd:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Christ almighty Jed Bogan's hair is awful. Even by league haircut standards.