Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Jono C posted:

The situation in New Zealand is interesting. Rugby union is king here and probably always will be. However, many here don't seem to grasp how dire the situation is in Australia. The South Africans are thinking very seriously of ditching Australia and New Zealand for the Six Nations. That could kill the Super Rugby competition with no real TV money available, and the All Blacks might need to turn into something like the Harlem Globetrotters.

As a league fan, I'm always amazed at how hopeless NZ Rugby are at identifying and retaining talent, especially in the Auckland/Blues area. League clubs far and wide just cruise in and sign more than their fair share of talent.

It's because it's a zero-sum game in terms of squad places, and schools like Saint Kents, MAGS, Kings or regional schools like Rotorua Boys High (I'm guessing CBHS and OBHS does the same) treating schools around them as sporting talent shopping centres and hoovering up that talent doesn't help, and it starting to have a knock-on effect at the age group level which will eventually hit the senior sides.

When I was involved in rugby coaching in Rotorua, it also wasn't unusual for the players to be doing both league and union anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

iajanus posted:

Reynolds isn't being forced to stand down by the NRL, so he's free to play in the trials/season.

poo poo this sounds messy as gently caress if true.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/josh-reynolds-life-unravels-amid-catfishing-claims-20200208-p53z0b.html

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
If he did hit her, then yeah, he deserves to be held accountable for that, but if the claims made against his partner are true, it's quite understandable why he would freak out like he did in that video.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

BTW thanks for the effortposts, I appreciate it.

Here was a great try from Friday's Super League game.

https://twitter.com/SuperLeague/status/1225891889066512385

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Vagabundo posted:

If he did hit her, then yeah, he deserves to be held accountable for that, but if the claims made against his partner are true, it's quite understandable why he would freak out like he did in that video.

Exactly my feelings on the situation.

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

I think her "smoking gun" was the video she leaked to the media.
sounds less like he hit her, and more like he yelled at her.

she is a nut ball, and court ordered metal health treatment would be good for her.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug

quote:

filmed by Del Busso as she lies on a bed with her dog Meatballs.

Love that the editor left that in

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Rastor posted:

BTW thanks for the effortposts, I appreciate it.

Here was a great try from Friday's Super League game.

https://twitter.com/SuperLeague/status/1225891889066512385

That try was loving amazing and I really wanted Hull KR to win on that basis alone.

That looked like THE game to attend in person -- even Peter Sterling was there, for gently caress's sake!

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Wide to west always reminds me why I love this game. This is just as good.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

Jono C posted:

As a league fan, I'm always amazed at how hopeless NZ Rugby are at identifying and retaining talent, especially in the Auckland/Blues area. League clubs far and wide just cruise in and sign more than their fair share of talent.

Super Rugby is a boring shitshow that goes on forever and ever and ever. In Auckland the Blues have been an inept laughing stock since Graham Henry left so unless your dream is to play for the All Blacks, you have an entire generation of players who would be happy to take any league contract, particularly if you’re young and brown and attend say Papatoetoe College not Grammar or MAGS or what have you. The Warriors might be garbage but at least the young fans still give a poo poo, unlike the Blues, who’s matches look more like a Boomer convention. People turn down free Blues tickets.

The Blues playing their Super opening round at Eden Park in JANUARY and not playing 4 of their All Blacks, when the Breakers were playing competitively at the pointy end of the NBL season the same night for 10 bucks a head with a much better game day experience and free BK cheeseburgers for everyone if they won says everything there is to say about the Blues organisation.

Now this is very specifically an Auckland problem, I assume the outlook is different in say Christchurch or Dunedin.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Almost loving finished the OP, only 5 more teams to go. Should be able to knock them out tomorrow.

gently caress typing is annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

oh hey look it's a new loving thread now everyone let's pretend it's 2020 or some poo poo