Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Reading the NRL power rankings is pretty funny. Soward bothers to write a little screed to defend his choices, then with no reasoning puts the undefeated current league leaders in the bottom half of the table. Whilst I don't particularly care about these sorts of arbitrary rankings, it's pretty funny seeing him just put the teams he likes up the top and not even countenance adjusting for reality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

iajanus posted:

Reading the NRL power rankings is pretty funny. Soward bothers to write a little screed to defend his choices, then with no reasoning puts the undefeated current league leaders in the bottom half of the table. Whilst I don't particularly care about these sorts of arbitrary rankings, it's pretty funny seeing him just put the teams he likes up the top and not even countenance adjusting for reality.

As soon as you said Soward, a whiny whinging voice entered my head.

That downfall dragons video will always be my favourite.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
:lol: I don’t think I’ve ever seen anybody fall as hard for a dummy as Darius Boyd just did on that first try

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
So about now Saints should poo poo the bed.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Fanatic posted:

:lol: I don’t think I’ve ever seen anybody fall as hard for a dummy as Darius Boyd just did on that first try

I can't remember who it was against (maybe the Raiders) but I remember Tuqiri running up the sideline for us, dummying to literally nobody, and getting multiple defenders to bite, before running the length to score.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Do the Foxtel commentators ever listen to the loving video ref? They're all going "yes this is a great call by the refs, this isn't going to be a try" whilst in the background you can hear the video ref saying there going to give it. Then they're all mystified about the call.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Jesus Christ what a try to Roberts

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Broncos should be down by 20. They're lucky to get out of the 1st half ahead.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

How is Nikorima a first grade half?

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

iajanus posted:

How is Nikorima a first grade half?

Why do things appear as they do in dreams?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Holy loving poo poo what an error

E: although I can't believe they didn't check if he had been touched whilst on the ground

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
gently caress I finally tipped a correct margin.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Broncos forwards could win a premiership. Their outside backs could win a premiership. Their spine suuuuuuucks.

They need to get rid of niko and boyd.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Broncos weren't much chop last night, and all those basic errors meant we were gassed pretty early. Should've lost by a lot more than 1 point. I'll be interested to see how the team goes by round 10.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Yeah, if they hadn't been gifted tries by the dragons the score would have been far more representative of the general game.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Could say the same about us flubbing it and gifting the dragons field position and possession. Isaako dropping an easy pass with the line in front of him summed up the night.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Canberra were the better side but should have been more due to remarkable non finishing.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Both teams were reserve grade quality as were the refs, I expected from both teams

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Yeah that was a pretty poor game. Both sides tried hard to give it up.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Bateman looks another good English signing

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Parra are fat and unfit.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

MiniSune posted:

Parra are fat and unfit.

This is unusual

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Defensive masterclass in action today

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
not the best day for the Warriors

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

bowmore posted:

not the best day for the Warriors

drat I’m disappointed I couldn’t watch it. Turbo makes a huge difference to the team :D

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Yet both teams were paper thin defenders in the first half, but in the second the warriors lost any ability to score points so they just couldn't keep up.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Cowboys v Sharks is one of the worst games I've seen in a little while.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

BlindSite posted:

Cowboys v Sharks is one of the worst games I've seen in a little while.

Did you watch the first half of the Tigers/Manly game earlier in the year? That might be the most dire spectacle I've ever seen.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

iajanus posted:

Did you watch the first half of the Tigers/Manly game earlier in the year? That might be the most dire spectacle I've ever seen.

Did a beer run and got something to eat. Saw the 2nd half though.

Shaun Johnson spends waaaaay too long playing deep and looking to pass. He needs to take the line on like he used to a lot more. As I say that lol he does.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

It's a common problem with that generation of playmakers. I think it was being taught to them when they were coming through.

Cowboys spectacularly making GBS threads the bed tonight.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

iajanus posted:

To be fair it did rain that first half.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

iajanus posted:

It's a common problem with that generation of playmakers. I think it was being taught to them when they were coming through.

Cowboys spectacularly making GBS threads the bed tonight.

I saw it a lot with keighran today as well. A lot of chances around the ruck with tired forwards showing him their back and he just trotted and passed.

I wonder sometimes if they're told by coaches to play safe and take the opportunities and they focus on not loving up instead of backing themselves.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

BlindSite posted:

I saw it a lot with keighran today as well. A lot of chances around the ruck with tired forwards showing him their back and he just trotted and passed.

I wonder sometimes if they're told by coaches to play safe and take the opportunities and they focus on not loving up instead of backing themselves.

Wouldn't be shocked. There's so much focus on metrics and such today that I'm sure it's in the players' minds that they need to be hitting numbers. Has to have some effect.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
This Storm-Penrith match is a glorious comedy of errors so far.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
This is... not our year boys

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Smorgasbord posted:

This is... not our year boys

There's always next year.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Did the cowboys take a dive after scomo paid them $15 million in public funds?

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

TheHeadSage posted:

This Storm-Penrith match is a glorious comedy of errors so far.

Apparently the storm finally thawed out in the second quarter and decided to play footy.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Definitely enjoying the schadenfreude of Penrith being garbage after last year's poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

iajanus posted:

Definitely enjoying the schadenfreude of Penrith being garbage after last year's poo poo

The only annoying thing is unless Penny dont win a game he wont get sacked.

Because of year 7 of the 15 year plan.