Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
You're in pools and playing Akatsuki! Uh-oh, it's Phonon! What do you do?
214B
214B
214B
214B
whens dengeki
View Results

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MechaX posted:

I rebought it on the PSN sale after lending out my physical copy to someone to get good, so French Bread should I happy that I essentially triple dipped when including the PC version too

I would also like to play Orie but I'm shallow and I hate her theme song even though I like her as a character. Also, man, she does require some pretty clean inputs
here's my theme song tier list:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
Phonon's theme is *at least* mid good song

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
Is there a trick to getting in on chaos? Between his AUB monster claw attack and fireball spam sometimes I feel like I just get trapped in a position where it's not true blockstun, but I don't have enough time to move forward.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Nanase's meme value is off the charts

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Is there a trick to getting in on chaos? Between his AUB monster claw attack and fireball spam sometimes I feel like I just get trapped in a position where it's not true blockstun, but I don't have enough time to move forward.
who do you play?

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I'm playing Yuzu.

I hosed up right?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Endorph posted:

This is bullshit, Mika should be top middle.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

it's me the person who thinks nanase theme is unironically good

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Tales of Woe posted:

it's me the person who thinks nanase theme is unironically good

Nanase's theme isn't bad per se but it's also a short-rear end loop that replays forever and ever AND EVER

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
I didn't think Nanase's theme was that bad until I watched a streamer play with that as the bgm for two hours. Then I finally understood.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

If you're at a range where Chaos himself can't reach you, feel free to hold shield for free GRD and frame advantage because Azhi has no mixup.

Arzachel fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Mar 15, 2019

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Marin Karin posted:

I didn't think Nanase's theme was that bad until I watched a streamer play with that as the bgm for two hours. Then I finally understood.

I understood it when someone was trying out Nanase's missions during a meetup for half an hour or so. It gets old so fast Robin Williams as Jack ain't got poo poo on it.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Linne's theme is the overall best, and I guess Yuzuriha's by extension. Some start strong but the main loop is a letdown.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I think Hyde's theme was my most listened song on Spotify last year

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Endorph posted:

who do you play?

I was playing Gordeau when I was struggling with it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I was playing Gordeau when I was struggling with it.
Since you're Gordeau, you can probably get Vorpal, you can use chain shift to force an opening in his blockstrings then DP. Also, try to spot the timings for when Azhi is vulnerable, the white flashes and the icon on Chaos's HUD make it pretty clear. You can easily poke him down with B or C pokes if you have a second of room.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Misread vorpal as vore pal and was very concerned for my brain

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Captain Baal posted:

Misread vorpal as vore pal and was very concerned for my brain

Are you always trying to get a vore pal?

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

vore pal is just my nickname for merkava

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dias posted:

Are you always trying to get a vore pal?

I play merkava so yes

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Merkava normalizing vore and they say DOA doesn't represent EVO's core values, pfft.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
I always thought Nanase's theme was pretty decent. Its really bright and cheerful compared to the usual I hear in practice which is Hilda's dark gloomy theme.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Velveteen posted:

I always thought Nanase's theme was pretty decent. Its really bright and cheerful compared to the usual I hear in practice which is Hilda's dark gloomy theme.

Mika and Yuzu's are better at being cheerful imo

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
just posting to say yuzuriha rules

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Velveteen posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha92kr_A6zQ

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Just replace her default theme with this version.

Also Linne's theme is somehow more Melty Blood than Eltnum's, I never noticed it until now but drat.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

if you want to 2D fight, this is the game to get

also where's the important lore about the dimension of Linne's swords

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I got the basic combo down for Hilda!! I know this isn't much for everyone who are skilled at fighting games but I'm a total noob and it took like an hour to get the hang of holding down the b button for combos and then getting it right consistently.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
https://twitter.com/mcd_gun_emoji/status/1103446790466990081

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

Velveteen posted:

I got the basic combo down for Hilda!! I know this isn't much for everyone who are skilled at fighting games but I'm a total noob and it took like an hour to get the hang of holding down the b button for combos and then getting it right consistently.

Good work!! Even if you're experienced with fighting games, negative edge is awkward at first because (at least for me) holding down a button while doing a combo isn't a natural feeling. Something I enjoy about fighting games is struggling with something for hours, and then weeks later you do it again and consistently breeze through it without even thinking about it. It's a nice feeling of progress. If you ever reach the point you wanna watch high-level Hilda footage, Angel of Sol is nice and answers questions while streaming netplay (or on twitter).

In general for anyone who wants to watch high-level footage of their character, Chainshift collects tournament matches so you can easily find it even if you don't know player names. It's like keeponrock.in for any GG players out there.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

also

https://twitter.com/carolineakarx/status/1106720222738857990

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

RBX posted:

How many PS4 people do we have?

Me. theguy2687 on psn.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Endorph posted:

I practiced Eltnum a little bit solely because of this tier list. Hey, if the game isn't going to let me change BGMs for training mode, might as well pick a character I both kinda like from an aesthetic point, and doesn't have a theme song that will drive me insane

That, and Orie's Persona kinda looks like some episode-of-the-week Enemy Stand, so that's kind of disappointing.

And then I tried Eltnum in arcade mode to see what her personality is like

Elt, you're good people

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
You can change the BGM for training mode but not trials which is why I've developed an immunity to Nanase's theme.

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

I picked this game up because it looks rad. If I want to focus on a character that’s not too execution heavy and won’t teach me bad habits what are my options? Enkidu, Nanase and Linne? Yuzuriha looks super cool but the execution requirements.... :(

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

BigLeafyTree posted:

I picked this game up because it looks rad. If I want to focus on a character that’s not too execution heavy and won’t teach me bad habits what are my options? Enkidu, Nanase and Linne? Yuzuriha looks super cool but the execution requirements.... :(

yeah those 3 or akatsuki, gordeau, or orie are all pretty basic. or waldstein if you want a grappler

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Marin Karin posted:

Good work!! Even if you're experienced with fighting games, negative edge is awkward at first because (at least for me) holding down a button while doing a combo isn't a natural feeling. Something I enjoy about fighting games is struggling with something for hours, and then weeks later you do it again and consistently breeze through it without even thinking about it. It's a nice feeling of progress. If you ever reach the point you wanna watch high-level Hilda footage, Angel of Sol is nice and answers questions while streaming netplay (or on twitter).

In general for anyone who wants to watch high-level footage of their character, Chainshift collects tournament matches so you can easily find it even if you don't know player names. It's like keeponrock.in for any GG players out there.

Thanks. Its actually quite surprising I was struggling all last night getting the combo down at least once. And now today I'm able to breeze through the combos without much of an issue. But this is just training mode and I haven't really taken it into a real fight yet where the enemy moves around unpredictably. Hilda is definitely really fun once things start flowing and you bounce them around like a pinball. I'm pretty sure I've seen angel of sol in an online tournament somewhere? I remember seeing a Hilda player during a NA tournament and that was when I decided I wanted to play Hilda when I got the game.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
merkava is not execution heavy minus flight oki and he has huge long arms

lots of his stuff is very easy to confirm due to his animations and multihit moves

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

IronicDongz posted:

merkava is not execution heavy minus flight oki and he has huge long arms

lots of his stuff is very easy to confirm due to his animations and multihit moves

That’s a good thought but I was thinking I’d like to play someone who makes you good at the game generally because they’re relatively simple so you’re forced to learn the system level stuff. My impression was getting good at Merkava makes you good at Merkava and not so much the game generally because he’s weird enough and has character specific things. Does that seem accurate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

BigLeafyTree posted:

That’s a good thought but I was thinking I’d like to play someone who makes you good at the game generally because they’re relatively simple so you’re forced to learn the system level stuff. My impression was getting good at Merkava makes you good at Merkava and not so much the game generally because he’s weird enough and has character specific things. Does that seem accurate?
Here's a chart from someone who knows a lot that is about what you're looking for.

https://twitter.com/squish2364/status/1101922104721629185?s=19