Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Probably the early one with the crab and this-

I'm still early in but that one is both adorable and I felt smart when I figured it out thanks to the FLAG is FLAG bit from an earlier level.

baba is crab? NO! baba is baba :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zyxyz
Mar 30, 2010
Buglord

Bongo Bill posted:

I think I'm overthinking Ruins-10, "Further Fields." All of my ideas keep coming back to needing to set up KEKE IS PUSH so that one of the Babas pushes Keke onto the other side of the grass while KEKE isn't YOU, and then have another one of the Babas cause KEKE to be YOU again. But that's so fiddly to set up that I'm not sure it's even possible.

According to steam discussions that is the correct method, but the thread doesn't actually say how to set it up and I can't figure out how either...

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
So when does BABA become YAGA?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Bloodly posted:

So when does BABA become YAGA?
When you push an [is] between them?? that's the whole point of the game

But then BABA isn't YOU so you're out of luck. unless BABA is YOU and YAGA?

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?
I remember seeing the game jam version of this game while watching the GDQ mystery tournament. Out of all the games that were raced this was by far the most memorable. Baba is You has come a ways since then but it' was amazing to watch the commentators have there minds blown as they realise what going on. Link to VoD for those interested.

Zyxyz
Mar 30, 2010
Buglord
tfw you're one of the first ~0.1% of players to get an achievement according to global stats :toot:

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

TINY ISLAND is HARD

FORUM is HELP

One thing that does gently caress me up in this game is that there's no upgrades later on or anything so even if an extra level is harder than the normal levels around it I know it's possible so I can't move on til it's done

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
How the gently caress do I solve this? because it seems absolutely unsolvable.

Zyxyz
Mar 30, 2010
Buglord
welp I just found like three more hidden worlds using the objects-on-world-map shenanigans, this game just keeps on giving. also shoutout to Exercise Hall for being hilarious

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Are there any timed + death states in this game, or are you just free to fail at your own pace?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

Are there any timed + death states in this game, or are you just free to fail at your own pace?

Some levels have a spot where you might be timed to do something or fail, but you can always undo moves as many times as you like. There's nothing that goes without you making a move.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I've been watching people play the first levels and I think every single person has done "Door is Open" and gotten confused by it "not working" :negative:

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

something i learned about this level.

I can't push the belt under floating text, but I can push floating text onto the belt. unsure if that's gonna help me.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Dizz posted:

How the gently caress do I solve this? because it seems absolutely unsolvable.

i haven't gotten there so i have no idea if this is relevant, but what happens if belt and bug are on top of each other pointed in the same direction and then get the SHIFT verb enabled at the same time?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Your Computer posted:

I've been watching people play the first levels and I think every single person has done "Door is Open" and gotten confused by it "not working" :negative:

It's an important learning experience

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

President Ark posted:

i haven't gotten there so i have no idea if this is relevant, but what happens if belt and bug are on top of each other pointed in the same direction and then get the SHIFT verb enabled at the same time?

This was the answer. BUG and BELT propelled each other, which I used to slowly move to the bottom right while I ran past the fungus.

E1: okay gently caress these levels, and gently caress the Skull House

Dizz fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Mar 15, 2019

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I know what WEAK does but what does NOT WEAK do? I am wondering if not understanding this modifier is why I'm unable to solve Fall-8: Broken Playground

Edit: Solved it, but I still don't know what NOT WEAK does.

Argue fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Mar 15, 2019

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Just chiming in to say that this game is wonderful and messing with my sleep schedule.

I'm sorry, I mean BABA IS GOOD AND HOT and SLEEP IS MELT.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

im still stuck on skull house.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ughhh i felt so dumb when i solved Fall-4 Ghost Friend

BABA is WEAK and BABA can't be PUSH but BABA IS PULL :cripes:

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

This game is amazing and also turns my internal monologue into gibberish while I am playing it.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Does anyone have any hints for Island-6, Tiny Pond?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Paul.Power posted:

Does anyone have any hints for Island-6, Tiny Pond?

Here are a few:

You only need to destroy one square of water to free the WIN block.

YOU can OPEN something SHUT, but usually that will make you lose.

Unless YOU are two things at once...

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

The random mix of easy and brain-melting impossible levels makes me certain I'm missing things that ought to be obvious.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
BABA is GOOD but BRAIN is DUMB!

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Regy Rusty posted:

Here are a few:

You only need to destroy one square of water to free the WIN block.

YOU can OPEN something SHUT, but usually that will make you lose.

Unless YOU are two things at once...

How do I get over the critical shortage of ISes and ANDs though?

e: wait I have an idea

e2: idea successful. Now I have to deal with another layer of this in Tiny Island!

Paul.Power fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Mar 15, 2019

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

YggiDee posted:

BABA is GOOD but BRAIN is NOT!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Paul.Power posted:

How do I get over the critical shortage of ISes and ANDs though?

e: wait I have an idea

e2: idea successful. Now I have to deal with another layer of this in Tiny Island!

Congrats!

I just sat for 5 minutes with a puzzle in a solved state without even realizing it lol

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

YggiDee posted:

BABA is GOOD but BRAIN is EMPTY!

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug
Stuck on The Prison

I can't figure out how to go out of the wall or become the wall and stay You so my only guess is that somehow I have to rig it so that Keke becomes a wall right while on the same tile as me and touching another wall, and that will let me walk the wall.

Am I on the right track? Will take gentle shoves in the right direction.

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

Chin Strap posted:

Stuck on The Prison

I can't figure out how to go out of the wall or become the wall and stay You so my only guess is that somehow I have to rig it so that Keke becomes a wall right while on the same tile as me and touching another wall, and that will let me walk the wall.

Am I on the right track? Will take gentle shoves in the right direction.

Check the last page. There's several posts with hints about it, including mine.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug

Roluth posted:

Check the last page. There's several posts with hints about it, including mine.

Whoops sorry.

Can you explain the logic of that solution?

What makes the overlap happen? Is it the case that in immoveable wall vs unbreakable object it will force it to overlap? I don't understand how the default text rules vary from just Text is Push.

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

Chin Strap posted:

Whoops sorry.

Can you explain the logic of that solution?

What makes the overlap happen? Is it the case that in immoveable wall vs unbreakable object it will force it to overlap? I don't understand how the default text rules vary from just Text is Push.

I don't see anything that says BABA is STOP in that level. Baba can't move in that direction, but something is pushed onto him.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I decided to start highlighting worthwhile threads/games more, especially when they're more obscure so I'm stickying this thread as this game looks awesome.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Palpek posted:

I decided to start highlighting worthwhile threads/games more, especially when they're more obscure so I'm stickying this thread as this game looks awesome.

It is really neat! But sometimes it is really hard. :saddowns:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
This game makes me feel dumb sometimes and also smart sometimes

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I have unlocked THE SECRET OF IMMORTALITY

BABA HAS BABA

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Palpek posted:

You've gone mad with power but also thank you for introducing me to a game I would otherwise have COMPLETELY missed.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Regy Rusty posted:

I have unlocked THE SECRET OF IMMORTALITY

BABA HAS BABA

there was one level where my solution involved making BABA (it might have been a level where you're keke, actually) HAS BOX but also BOX IS BABA, which meant dying created a box which instantly turned into another baba, and using that to bridge a river

Argue posted:

I know what WEAK does but what does NOT WEAK do? I am wondering if not understanding this modifier is why I'm unable to solve Fall-8: Broken Playground

Edit: Solved it, but I still don't know what NOT WEAK does.

As near as I can tell, [NOUN] IS NOT [ADJECTIVE] has a similar effect to making you unable to transform things with [NOUN A] IS [NOUN B], when elsewhere on the level [NOUN A] IS [NOUN A] exists: if you try to make a [NOUN] IS [ADJECTIVE] statement when the corresponding [NOUN] IS NOT [ADJECTIVE] statement already exists, it won't work and the noun won't gain the adjective.

President Ark fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Mar 15, 2019