Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nostalgamus posted:

Thanks, that helped. Managed to clear most of the other levels, currently stuck on Endless Corridor.

I'm honestly a bit lost here. After a few levels solved by putting text blocks on top of each other, that also seems like a likely solution here, to make both BABA and KEKE YOU and SHIFT. However I don't see a way to stack text blocks here. SHIFT won't put text on other text, just pushes the other block out of the way. The other levels usually involved putting text on an object and then setting up X IS TEXT, and that's not an option here. The only thing I havent tried is setting up two blocks being SHIFTed to the same location at the same time, because I don't see any way to make both BABA IS SHIFT and KEKE IS SHIFT without ending up with nothing being YOU (well, except the ROCK).

Also, I'm getting a bit annoyed at the amount of setupe neccessary to get to this level each time you want to retry it.

Endless Corridor: It might be technically possible to stack text on this level, but doing so would probably make the level unwinnable.

Otherwise, you're on the right lines. Somewhat big hint: If you could make both of the guys outside YOU and SHIFT at once you could solve the puzzle.

As for the last part, just never leave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

I'm extremely bad at this game but I still read through the posts here about late-game spoilers. The tips and solutions look so insane that I know I will never remember them if and when I ever get that far in the game, haha :xd:

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

I've made some decent headway into Meta.

Currently 8 levels done, turned 3, 5 and 8 into FLAG, BABA and FLAG, respectively. I'm assuming my next goal is level 9, but I'm not quite sure how to get there. Pretty sure I need to push something into the water, and since TEXT IS FLOAT that's not an option. I've managed to create LEVEL IS PUSH, which seems potentially useful, but the reuires me to open two doors, leaving the top door still closed. (I could also theoretically make GHOST IS OPEN, but that seems pretty useless until I have a ghost on the level.)

I'm still not sure I have the right pieces to solve this - level 8 could easily be BABA instead, which would let me ignore the door between those two rooms. But I don't see how that's more helpful that having a single BABA and using a flag to open that door - I'd still be a flag short.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
put the original broken endless corridor map somewhere and call it Corridor That Has An End, Actually

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nostalgamus posted:

I've made some decent headway into Meta.

Currently 8 levels done, turned 3, 5 and 8 into FLAG, BABA and FLAG, respectively. I'm assuming my next goal is level 9, but I'm not quite sure how to get there. Pretty sure I need to push something into the water, and since TEXT IS FLOAT that's not an option. I've managed to create LEVEL IS PUSH, which seems potentially useful, but the reuires me to open two doors, leaving the top door still closed. (I could also theoretically make GHOST IS OPEN, but that seems pretty useless until I have a ghost on the level.)

I'm still not sure I have the right pieces to solve this - level 8 could easily be BABA instead, which would let me ignore the door between those two rooms. But I don't see how that's more helpful that having a single BABA and using a flag to open that door - I'd still be a flag short.

Didn't level 8 seem very easy for the point in the game you're at? Maybe take another look at it.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
Found an alternate solution for Further Fields while replaying on the Switch!

Step 1: Break up BABA IS MOVE, then make BABA IS PUSH. Push the three BABAs so that they face right in a vertical line.

Step 1.5: Make the mistake of positioning the BABA line so that the center BABA is in the same row as FLAG IS WIN. Spend a stupid amount of time moving the BABAs so that Step 2 and 3 will work on those rows (top BABA just to the left of the grass, facing right; middle BABA right next to the left wall, facing left; bottom BABA four spaces to the right of middle BABA, facing right.) even though you could have just moved the line up a few spaces. :cripes:

Step 2: Make BABA IS MOVE. Once the BABAs have passed KEKE IS YOU, push KEKE IS YOU down so that it's in line with the BABAs, like so:

Step 3: Let the BABAs push KEKE IS YOU a space to the left, then break up BABA IS MOVE.

Step 4: Push KEKE IS YOU down so that IS is on the same row as FLAG IS WIN. Move the text and BABAs into the following configuration:

Step 5: Push MOVE left one space, then move KEKE up to the right of PUSH.

Step 6: Let the BABAs push everything all the way over to the right, like so:

Step 7: Once the top BABA turns around, walk onto the FLAG.

Step 8:

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

??? Velcome you son of a bitch

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Strom Cuzewon posted:

??? Velcome you son of a bitch

Time to learn how a new gimmick works

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Its been a very rainy afternoon, so in lieue of cartoons I spent an hour teaching my 4 year old niece to play Baba Is You.

It took a bit of prompting, but she managed to solve Rock Is Win, and figured out pushing rocks to break Skull is Defeat all by herself. Wall is You blew her goddamn mind.

We also made biscuits, which were delicious.

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

I felt like I was making good progress, but the I hit The Return of Scenic Pond.

As far as I can tell, the only difference from the original is the absence of the small nook that allowed you to disassemble BABA IS FLOAT after use. Pretty sure FLOAT is still neccessary, as nothing else will get past the SKULL with the IS SINK/HAS WALL combo. Prison/Dungeon shenanigans with the text are out due to TEXT IS DEFEAT.

I'm currently looking at the potential of KEKE. Normally that's the text block I'd sacrifice for another BABA, but since KEKE would not be FLOAT that seems like a potential option. However i see no way of creating a KEKE without sacrificing the TEXT block, and I'm pretty sure I need that (theoretically there's also the IS in IS FLOAT, but i definetly need that).

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Nostalgamus posted:

I felt like I was making good progress, but the I hit The Return of Scenic Pond.

As far as I can tell, the only difference from the original is the absence of the small nook that allowed you to disassemble BABA IS FLOAT after use. Pretty sure FLOAT is still neccessary, as nothing else will get past the SKULL with the IS SINK/HAS WALL combo. Prison/Dungeon shenanigans with the text are out due to TEXT IS DEFEAT.

I'm currently looking at the potential of KEKE. Normally that's the text block I'd sacrifice for another BABA, but since KEKE would not be FLOAT that seems like a potential option. However i see no way of creating a KEKE without sacrificing the TEXT block, and I'm pretty sure I need that (theoretically there's also the IS in IS FLOAT, but i definetly need that).

You have one incorrect assumption: TEXT IS DEFEAT does not completely prevent prison/dungeon shenanigans.

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

IMAGE IS FOURTEEN sure is a thing.

That level is an interesting way to show off concept art, as well as a way of semi-hiding some of the images. I mangaged to construct 1-10, plus 14 and 16. Feels like there aren't enough letters for anything else, have I missed any combinations?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nostalgamus posted:

IMAGE IS FOURTEEN sure is a thing.

That level is an interesting way to show off concept art, as well as a way of semi-hiding some of the images. I mangaged to construct 1-10, plus 14 and 16. Feels like there aren't enough letters for anything else, have I missed any combinations?

There are others.
Try going in the other direction.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Baba's on sale on Steam & itch.io! -30% off the game and -20% off the OST.
https://hempuli.itch.io/baba
https://store.steampowered.com/app/736260/Baba_Is_You/

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Its been a very rainy afternoon, so in lieue of cartoons I spent an hour teaching my 4 year old niece to play Baba Is You.

It took a bit of prompting, but she managed to solve Rock Is Win, and figured out pushing rocks to break Skull is Defeat all by herself. Wall is You blew her goddamn mind.

We also made biscuits, which were delicious.

That's super cool, thanks for sharing the story :)

corn in the bible posted:

put the original broken endless corridor map somewhere and call it Corridor That Has An End, Actually

People have suggested/requested a level pack with old unused/broken/changed levels, it might happen!

My main trouble with & is uncertainty over how universal it is. Like, the symbol & originates from writing the (latin?) word "et" in a neat way, which makes me feel that it might not be good for a general pictogram indicating "And". Not sure though, and of course a word that's technically in a specific language might have gotten around enough to be generally well-known (the hexagonal STOP sign might be quite well-known overall, for example(???)) & would definitely have the advantage over + in that then dash could be used without people mistaking it for minus.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Hempuli posted:

(the hexagonal STOP sign might be quite well-known overall, for example(???))

I think the Hexagonal STOP sign might be pretty unknown

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
There is an international standard about what STOP signs should look like, but that standard specifies an octogon. Only a small handful of countries use hexagonal stop signs.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

NRVNQSR posted:

There is an international standard about what STOP signs should look like, but that standard specifies an octogon. Only a small handful of countries use hexagonal stop signs.

:thejoke:

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

VictualSquid posted:

Just got around to buying this:

GA is GO
ME __ OD

PUZ is HA
ZLE __ RD

BR is ME
AIN _ LT

I'm getting through the early game at a decent pace, 2-6 has me stumped though.

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Jun 26, 2019

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
https://twitter.com/keyofw/status/1143541066206892032

I get the sense this could do with being spread around some. Probably should go in the OP maybe.

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

Fedule posted:

I get the sense this could do with being spread around some. Probably should go in the OP maybe.

Good idea, added!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Fedule posted:

Thanks for this, I'm stuck on like six puzzles and trying to look anything up just gives you the answer.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

Thanks for this, I'm stuck on like six puzzles and trying to look anything up just gives you the answer.

There's also a partial one on steam that I really like: Guide Has Hint Is Not Solution https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1687034266

Really I'm posting it just for the name.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Finally picked this game up, it's great but also gently caress this game. Stuck on a few different levels where I feel like I know the solution but not the sequencing. Did I actually get any of these right?

Lake E1: I have to push the Rock over the Crabs and onto the flag using the ROCK IS PUSH line of blocks, and then become Rock, but I can't figure out how to arrangs the blocks to make it work.

Island 8: I have to become Baba and Key at the same time, then use one of them to open a Water tile either one up & left of Win, or one down & right of Win, but I don't think I have even Is or And blocks to do so.

Island 9: I have to push Baba Is You out of the way so that the Robot doesn't kill me, then become Robot when it's inside the Skulled-off area and push Win out. But then I don't know how to get out of thar area or turn back into Baba.

Island 11: There's some way to break Wall Is Stop, maybe by overlapping blocks? I feel like I did that in another level but can't make it work here.

Temple 3: I have to Melt the Box but gently caress if I know how. I can at least become Box and manipulate the Love Is Melt and Water Is Hot strings.

Forest 1: I figured out how to Push a Love over the Flag and I guess I need to Tele from one Love to the other, but I can't figure out how to get both Loves on the right side of the Water.

Island E1 and E2 are open as well but lol I think I have enough levels to figure out right now. This game!

E: And I just figured out Island E2 after beating my head against it for so long last night :psyduck:

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jun 29, 2019

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

Let's see:

Lake E1: You're on the wrong path here (in your defense, you're trying exactly what I kept trying to do). You do need the rock, but for someting else.

Island 8: You need to become two objects at the same time, but not two different objects.

Island 9: ...I no longer remember how I solved this, sorry.

Island 11: You're on the right path. You can't push anything onto blocks that are STOP or PUSH (or PULL, but that's not relevant here) but if they are not any of those...

Temple 3: You're almost there. Melting BOX while it is YOU is an obvious dead end, so what if you stop being BOX?

Forest of Fall 1 (FYI, this area is generally abbreviated to "Fall" - there's another area that gets "Forest". The other area is gated by Temple Ruins, so I'm assuming you're in the former): You don't need both loves on the same side of the water - you just need to teleport something away.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Nostalgamus posted:

Let's see:

Forest of Fall 1 (FYI, this area is generally abbreviated to "Fall" - there's another area that gets "Forest". The other area is gated by Temple Ruins, so I'm assuming you're in the former): You don't need both loves on the same side of the water - you just need to teleport something away.

Oh gently caress I can Tele the Water away from the Flag, duh. Thanks much.

E: Got all of those except Island E1. Is Push Baba over the Flag as Rock, then become Baba too similar to the incorrect path I had before? And now I have so many other levels to get through. Ahhh I need to not piss away my whole Saturday on this game.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jun 29, 2019

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

C-Euro posted:

E: Got all of those except Island E1. Is Push Baba over the Flag as Rock, then become Baba too similar to the incorrect path I had before?

That ought to be the correct solution. If you accidentally made CRAB IS DEFEAT when you got ROCK out of the corner upper-right corner of the map, that might be tripping you up.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

C-Euro posted:

E: Got all of those except Island E1. Is Push Baba over the Flag as Rock, then become Baba too similar to the incorrect path I had before? And now I have so many other levels to get through. Ahhh I need to not piss away my whole Saturday on this game.

Yeah, that's still pretty much the same wrong direction; like you and Nostalgamus I spent a long time stuck on trying to make one of those two work. BloodyEmissary's spoiler has a big hint as to the correct solution.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Bloody Emissary posted:

That ought to be the correct solution. If you accidentally made CRAB IS DEFEAT when you got ROCK out of the corner upper-right corner of the map, that might be tripping you up.

Oh dunk you can walk through Rock if you break Rock Is Push and don't have to push the Crab Flag line all the way over, poo poo.

E: Hey I got three flowers, time to open this three-flower gate.
Actually, gently caress this.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jun 30, 2019

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
New patch, new secret thing.

I haven't found it yet.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Finding the secret presents you with a (seemingly) infinite string of lua errors because apparently I didn't test it enough. Whoops. Will put out a fix later today!

Patch notes here, nevertheless: https://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791460967548/announcements/detail/1610515908975999980

Arrhythmia posted:

I think the Hexagonal STOP sign might be pretty unknown

Darn!! I'm glad there are places in life where "octagonal" describes the situation properly, though. All the -gons up to hexagon are so common in comparison to what comes after them (heptagon might have the shortest end of the stick here.)

Hempuli fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Jul 1, 2019

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
What's the process for deploying from your computer to Steam/Nintendo/etc? Do you send them an executable file or is code being run on their end? Never had the chance to ask this

Nthing that BABA is GOOD

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
...okay I found out where the new secret is:
It's in META, to reach it:
Turn the cursor into a level.

I can't seem to do this, though. I'm one flag short. Specifically: if I turn Booby Trap into text so I have LEVEL somewhere useful, I no longer have a flag that can reach the top door. I don't think I can turn booby trap into both level and flag at the same time since there's no way to overlap text in there.

Anyone know how to do this? What am I missing?

Zyxyz
Mar 30, 2010
Buglord

McFrugal posted:

...okay I found out where the new secret is:
It's in META, to reach it:
Turn the cursor into a level.

I can't seem to do this, though. I'm one flag short. Specifically: if I turn Booby Trap into text so I have LEVEL somewhere useful, I no longer have a flag that can reach the top door. I don't think I can turn booby trap into both level and flag at the same time since there's no way to overlap text in there.

Anyone know how to do this? What am I missing?
Seconding the need for help on this; at first I tried making GHOST IS OPEN vertically to get past the top door, but then even if you make the requisite phrase there's no more cursor/ghost left on the map to access the secret with. If there were one more flag left over you could just make that into a new cursor to use, but the only other level that could be turned into one is Tangle, and if you do that then it seems there's no way to reach the flags and GHOST word there in the first place...

Also found out that if you try LEVEL IS PUSH AND OPEN it'll "open" the map itself and leave you in the void as intended, but the spinning flower graphics for completed map spots stay, and the music playing changes from On the Island to Wall is Stop for some reason which seem like possibly bugs:

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Hrrgh okay I managed to get it. You can achieve the necessary prep in one of two ways:
1:Duplicate the cursor by forming GHOST IS FLAG and GHOST IS CURSOR or something similar. Currently (I'm not sure if this is a bug) once you have two cursors, Meta will always have two cursors even after you enter a level and leave it. From what I'm reading, it probably is.
To accomplish this: make sure meta-3 is a flag.

2:Overlap FLAG and TEXT inside meta-3 so you can turn the level into both at the same time.
I don't actually know how to do this one.

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Jul 3, 2019

Zyxyz
Mar 30, 2010
Buglord
...I'll admit it, I gave up and looked at a video walkthrough :sweatdrop:
This is for the second prep method you listed, since the first one no longer works as of the latest hotfix patch.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Is the soundtrack for this game available anywhere besides Steam? I need some good chill out and concentrate music for work and this game is slowly conditioning my brain to rev up when I hear its music.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Zyxyz posted:

...I'll admit it, I gave up and looked at a video walkthrough :sweatdrop:
This is for the second prep method you listed, since the first one no longer works as of the latest hotfix patch.

Oh. I see, that kind of overlap seems to exist only because it resolves a movement order conflict in a predictable way.

Leylite
Nov 5, 2011

C-Euro posted:

Is the soundtrack for this game available anywhere besides Steam? I need some good chill out and concentrate music for work and this game is slowly conditioning my brain to rev up when I hear its music.

Yep. Hempuli uploaded all the tracks to his YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMoZgWjm14OF2AWFfPc3cyQH7T2SC89jo

The soundtrack is also for sale directly from his website too: https://hempuli.itch.io/baba-is-you-soundtrack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

I forgot a cursor I had used for debug purposes into the level, it's fixed now. Whoops again!!

The new secret is where it is mainly because people noticed that it can technically be done and it was a funny, final surprise. It doesn't matter in terms of getting achievements or completing areas, so I hope it's obscureness won't be a problem.

Analytic Engine posted:

What's the process for deploying from your computer to Steam/Nintendo/etc? Do you send them an executable file or is code being run on their end? Never had the chance to ask this

Unfortunately actually I don't know the details very well, sorry! The porting to Switch is handled by MP2 Games and I'm completely useless when it comes to actual hardcore Programming Stuff. I do know that we set everything up to work on the Switch at our end and send that over; it'd probably be a lot of work for Nintendo to have to compile/adjust stuff at their end.