Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

War Mikey!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
hype levels rising - starting to think that it might be a competitive fight! bring me back down to earth errol

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

ham, turkey, roast beef, cold cuts, North Carolina, vienna sausage
Grimey Drawer
LETs GO MIKEY

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
that size difference is intimidating.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

We're chatting in discord but I'll try not to neglect the thread. I've got it 2-0 Spence but I think Mikey's picking up the pace, looks good when he can back Spence up.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

first three to spence pretyt unambiguously. i'd like to see mikey doing a little more to make spence work - i'd say he's waiting until some of the pepper is off spence's punches before he starts taking risks but at this pace that could be a long rear end time

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
Spence up 4 now imo but great counters by Mikey to end the round

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Six nothing to Spence. I think it's at times a competitive fight but especially this last round showed Spence is at least as skilled as Garcia on top of outsizing him.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

The Ninth Layer posted:

Six nothing to Spence. I think it's at times a competitive fight but especially this last round showed Spence is at least as skilled as Garcia on top of outsizing him.

yep. if they were the same size, this would be a ggg / canelo, but they are not the same size.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

this should be stopped. mikey can't win.

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

Grimey Drawer
just a 100% closeout for spence, bro is the real motherfuckin deal

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

Grimey Drawer
i was a big fan of mikey, but drat, he got put down

Down Right Fierce
Jan 30, 2011
115-113, Garcia.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Down Right Fierce posted:

115-113, Garcia.

this. is. boxing.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Mismatch. Oh well at least he "dared to be great".

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Well this one went basically like everyone expected when it was announced. Mikey surviving is a victory of sorts and I think he will be a threatening opponent for anyone at welterweight that isn't Spence.

I'm a huge Terence Crawford guy but I'm now not as sure that he would beat Spence as I was. Spence has great range, solid footwork and a non-stop workrate. He comes at you and then punishes you for coming back at him. There's no let up in his game.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

errol spence looking bored and throwing a thousand punches. mikey can take the moral victory of still being alive but that was barely a fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Art Core...velay
Jun 16, 2013
not really wanting to see manny try Spence

bud v errol plz