Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The storm has passed. Thank God. Saul Epps takes the cellar stairs two at a time and stills himself to listen for a moment. Eerily quiet. No birds, no buzzing insects. No rain, even. He’d raised his children to feel for this and know when the quiet was just a joke on the part of Mother Nature. This, though, was for real. He unlocks the deadbolt on the exterior door and looks out. The sun shines, if you’d believe it.

Saul takes it in for a few moments and walks out past the porch. It’s natural to him, after so many years, to take stock of the old house after each hurricane. His home already bears scars, just as he does, but all the same had yet stood the tests of time and of Florida weather. Saul progresses with the ritual in deliberate fashion, not letting his eagerness to telephone his boys override his prudent assessment.

As he rounds the back of his house, his eyes drift toward the tree line. A vast pillar of smoke rises above the tree line, the only visible blemish to an otherwise beautiful sky. This, if not the prospect of a call from his children, hurries the old man in the latter half of his task. He darts inside and heads into the kitchen to test his telephone. No tone, of course. The damned line always goes out. Saul moves to the window facing the tree line and peers through a crack in the boards he’d nailed over the exterior. Startled, he jolts back. Outside, several men and women of no discernable commonality save the soot that cake their clothing make their way through his field.

Saul debates with himself whether Jesus would expect him to call out and offer the group shelter, but in the time it takes him to decide in the positive and make his way outside, they've shifted direction. He tries calling out, but either the group cannot hear or does not choose to respond, instead trudging onward toward the interstate. His purpose defeated, Saul returns inside.

The rain starts again. Maybe he'd lost his touch after all.

Convalescence is a game for approximately 12-15 players. The setup will be open and will be determined by the number of players who sign up. Expect a relatively vanilla experience, with no third parties, alignment shifts, or anything outside the typical variations. If you don't want to play vanilla town/scum, this isn't the game for you.

Please review the basic rules of mafia. I prefer to make games that are almost exclusively player-driven, and as such will only modkill players in obvious bad-faith violation of the rules, or the like. I will look favorably on requests for replacement in the early stages of the game, but less so later on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

1. Anomalous Amalgam
  2. Ardulac
  3. Captain Foo
  4. CCKeane
  5. Deadbeat Dad
  6. DizzyCow
  7. Ernie.
  8. flerp
  9. George Kansas
  10. Hal Incandenza
  11. imgay
  12. Ixtlilton
  13. kaschei
  14. Lumpen
  15. merk
  16. The Ninth Layer
  17. Toalpaz

t a s t e fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Mar 19, 2019

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
ok]

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I'll play

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
in

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I’m still down for mafia

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Hey

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I will play

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

i will play, too

don't change the rng taste, but i want to go out on a town game, and hoping it happens here

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I'll play.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

taste reserve a spot for chores for me

he can give it up if he changed his mind, but in the discussion thread he said he'd play

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
A lot of old fucks in here. I'll play.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Deadbeat Dad posted:

A lot of old fucks in here. I'll play.

aw yeah it's the dead bead dad

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yessssssss

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
hello im going to lurk this game

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Hello, friends.

You have my blade.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

"There is a difference between fear and caution."
I'm down for another game.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Ernie. posted:

taste reserve a spot for chores for me

he can give it up if he changed his mind, but in the discussion thread he said he'd play

i lied

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Filling up fast

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Game start probably tomorrow night assuming enough players, tell your friends

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I need a role

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I'll be around tomorrow night but monday I'm flying back to Kansas, probably an all-day affair. But after that my schedule should be wide open.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wish to join.

DizzyCow
Jan 7, 2005

MASTER OF WIFOM
I will play.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

DizzyCow posted:

I will play.

:eyepop: good to see you again!

DizzyCow
Jan 7, 2005

MASTER OF WIFOM

Jonathan Fisk posted:

:eyepop: good to see you again!

It's been a while!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

George Kansas posted:

I'll be around tomorrow night but monday I'm flying back to Kansas, probably an all-day affair. But after that my schedule should be wide open.

George Kansas, I won’t vote you day 1.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

merk posted:

George Kansas, I won’t vote you day 1.

I plan to play this time. I apologize for lurking D1 last game! Life bogged me down in a way that should definitely not occur this time.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

George Kansas posted:

I plan to play this time. I apologize for lurking D1 last game! Life bogged me down in a way that should definitely not occur this time.

I tried to save you last game too.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Ixtlilton posted:

I tried to save you last game too.

thank you, friend

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I will vote George Kansas day one, unless I decide to vig him.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Someone invite mills to play and then let’s kill him night zero

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Filling up fast.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'