Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Hal Incandenza posted:

I read the most recent post before I posted
One down, about 240 to go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Regarding DBD specifically who seems to be doubling down on my shitposty inactivity. Game just started and jokephase was put down unceremoniously while I was wrapping up being thoroughly defeated by scum in Yami's pokemon 2 mafia.

Regarding kaschei, I also thought you were joking, but have no idea about our game 7 years ago. I chuckled.

Regarding ardulac, eh after carving out a play career entrenched in neuroticism and anxiety, I tend to unabashedly go my own way. I dont know what normal day 1 behavior is.

I think this transition into "real" mafs so swiftly is just the cumulative result of a lot of factors, and I will admit to witnessing more so than participating, but only for the reasons:

A. The aforementioned going my own way and...
B. I wanted to skim to stay caught up, but come back and look at the posts when I actually had more time.

As a result, I know you've all been waiting, through keen intuition refined and distilled in the furnace hot crucible of my mind's eye, I've decided that:

DBDs meta hal missvote was weird, but perhaps more a funny oversight than weird... although it makes me wonder how sincere they are given that they have been one of the more outspoken players so far in this weird joke of jokephase.

CCKeane posted:

If you want to see an old face, LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND WEEP OVER YOUR LOST YOUTH.

2irl4me, the painful lol

I liked GKs point about ernie overreacting, but I dont think it was anything too suspicious. Maybe a GK overreaction? Or at least I thought.

Ardulac's stalwart defense which relies on meta was more curious imo, but ardulac seems to be pressuring everyone and questioning everything with the same intensity

The shift onto ixt is understandable but seems rushed and weird like it was constructed to draw heat off of ernie and away from GKs points.

merks response to imgays play seems totally artificial. I think the imgay rush was bad legitimately because scum driving a turbo on imgay has happened at least once this year lol.

To sum it up, I'm less worried about who is not involved and I'm also less worried about the hyper involved.

I think DBD looks fishy for the Sal vote more so than their accusations raised against me.

Ardulac for all their persistent questioning and weird support of ernie is pinging me, ngl.

The shift onto ixt looks weird and makes me also get pings on DBD again who has demonstrated shifting conviction including a lead in on a player not active in the game.

It's not an omgus, it's a you're playing like aggressive scum: ##vote DBD

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Meta Sal missvote.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Even if you say it's not, it still reads like uninspiring lengthy OMGUS vote wrapped in with some other random comments on other players that had way more things to sink your teeth into but instead just voted me for voting.. Sal? How is that an aggressive scum move exactly? Also, there was semi-serious conversation happening while you kept poking in with comments, otherwise I wouldn't make much note of you joking around while others are joking too.

Jonathan Fisk posted:

You made it.

This was the last thing I saw to Sal from the actual mod himself, and assumed he was in the game. That's all there is to it. It would be like me reading into your flerp vote and voting you because of it. A weak vote to me is the equivalent of an OMGUS vote. Hell, the PM slip thing could've been a better thing to try to accuse me of being "aggressive scum" but this makes zero sense to me.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I don't like a lot of the meta stuff being thrown around either. It has its place, and certainly can be used for player specific interactions they've had with people in this thread, but have already seen more than a few posts giving meta reasoning as to why certain players are playing specific/odd ways early on. It's hard to tell if it's a well meaning "head's up" or just meant to confuse and keep people off the scent of actual scum playing weird D1.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Even if you say it's not, it still reads like uninspiring lengthy OMGUS vote wrapped in with some other random comments on other players that had way more things to sink your teeth into but instead just voted me for voting.. Sal? How is that an aggressive scum move exactly? Also, there was semi-serious conversation happening while you kept poking in with comments, otherwise I wouldn't make much note of you joking around while others are joking too.

This was the last thing I saw to Sal from the actual mod himself, and assumed he was in the game. That's all there is to it. It would be like me reading into your flerp vote and voting you because of it. A weak vote to me is the equivalent of an OMGUS vote. Hell, the PM slip thing could've been a better thing to try to accuse me of being "aggressive scum" but this makes zero sense to me.

The things that you say I should sink my teeth into is you projecting what you believe is ideal or optimal in this situation. I have read those discussions and weighed in on them, it's your behavior that stands out to me.

The meta Sal vote, I am not above marking that off as an oversight, but it is that you had a meta vote for him, and you cautioning against it now:

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I don't like a lot of the meta stuff being thrown around either. It has its place, and certainly can be used for player specific interactions they've had with people in this thread, but have already seen more than a few posts giving meta reasoning as to why certain players are playing specific/odd ways early on. It's hard to tell if it's a well meaning "head's up" or just meant to confuse and keep people off the scent of actual scum playing weird D1.

Looks like a nice way to frame your own behavior as something that could have in any way been beneficial at that point in time.

However, the meta Sal vote alone is not why I think you're suspicious. It's the fact that you had any explanation at all to lead into a serious vote on someone. Followed up with your quick shift on to Ixt that was defused in the span of an hour and a half to cherry pick my peripheral skim poo poo posting for your next bit of conviction when as you've pointed out, there are way more things to sink our teeth into.

I think your pushing of me is a bit hypocritical in this instance.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Ernie. posted:

i have this theory that scum are much more unlikely to back down from a case than town - they're happy they found a course, and whether or not it's bussing they don't like changing their opinions around

george kansas what do you think

mafia strategy wise, of course

You said this on page 4, as if it was testable at all yet

Also I don’t listen to the posting of those I’m casing after I’ve cased them because anyone trying to defend themselves is unreadable

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

merk posted:

....which is actually so out of character for you (especially day 1) that maybe you are scum?

Lol

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Deadbeat Dad posted:

##unvote

I still had that weird vibe on Ixt before the Ernie stuff happened, but an early gut vibe isn't enough for a vote. At least that explains the 180 on Ernie.

Not feeling great about DBD, who made a vote on Ixt that I disagreed with but then unceremoniously unvoted here because ???

Would also vote

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I liked GKs point about ernie overreacting, but I dont think it was anything too suspicious. Maybe a GK overreaction? Or at least I thought.

Wait so you did you like it or not like it?

This is hedgey as hell.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

George Kansas posted:

Not feeling great about DBD, who made a vote on Ixt that I disagreed with but then unceremoniously unvoted here because ???

Would also vote

Because of the previously mentioned "meta" cases being explained? Lumpen talked about why Ixt has posted the way he has D1 and why he reacted towards Ernie the way he did. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt but still have a weird feeling toward it.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

George Kansas posted:

Wait so you did you like it or not like it?

This is hedgey as hell.

I circled back around to it, I thought you raised valid points.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

The meta Sal vote, I am not above marking that off as an oversight, but it is that you had a meta vote for him, and you cautioning against it now.

I mean, not only was my "meta vote" an oversight, it was also a joke vote with a meta explanation because this is a totally new game and I wouldn't seriously just vote the guy because he fooled me in a previous game as my first post in the game. Hence me saying, if the situation was flipped, it's like me making a case on your flerp joke vote as the reasoning to why you're scummy if you called me out. You would also think it's a weak case.

However, the meta Sal vote alone is not why I think you're suspicious.

Why didn't you write this in your initial vote on me then? All you did was bring up Sal.

It's the fact that you had any explanation at all to lead into a serious vote on someone. Followed up with your quick shift on to Ixt that was defused in the span of an hour and a half to cherry pick my peripheral skim poo poo posting for your next bit of conviction when as you've pointed out, there are way more things to sink our teeth into.

Wait, I'm confused. Should my first ~serious~ vote not have an explanation? Am I supposed to be 100% committed to a gut read of a player playing too "clean" and "awkwardly jokey" in Ixt, in my opinion? Also the unvote wasn't quick and for no reason, Lumpen literally explained why he may have came off like that, I accepted it (to an extent), and saw AA just making these weird quips every other page and that pinged me harder. My last post about the meta thing does reference Ixt and Ardu because I've seen meta explanations on why they're playing like they are, I just don't want that to become a trend, aka meta reads for every single person that is playing differently, because people could overthink things.

Also, GK, I refuse to believe you would look at/vote me in this instance over someone in AA that essentially OMGUS'd a call out vote, and then voted me because of a "meta joke vote" of a player not in the game as an "aggressive scum move". He also said he was posting how he was posting because "the game just started and jokephase was put down unceremoniously while I was wrapping up being thoroughly defeated by scum in Yami's pokemon 2 mafia", yet the last 3 posts he had after his "This game is filled with vets and old faces, strange." post were also quips/shitposts which occurred while things were quite obviously happening and way past the jokevote stage. I don't buy it.

In the past, my gut has served me right when I'm frustrated town because people for some reason love to spar with me D1 when I'm active and making reads., and press me for poo poo that has pretty logical explanations compared to things that require a bit more, uh, connecting pieces to make sense.

If I didn't call you out, I'm not sure you would've even involved yourself thoroughly by now, AA. That's what bothers me. I would be utterly surprised if out of a D1 that has had more than decent content, which is rare, you would pick out a joke Sal vote as the number one thing that pinged you.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Because of the previously mentioned "meta" cases being explained? Lumpen talked about why Ixt has posted the way he has D1 and why he reacted towards Ernie the way he did. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt but still have a weird feeling toward it.

Hmmm ok fair, ty

I circled back around to it, I thought you raised valid points.

My point was that it’s scummy, but you’re saying it’s not too suspicious? Those are opposite points

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I’m about to sleep so I promise I’ll read that big post tomorrow DBD

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

George Kansas posted:

I’m about to sleep so I promise I’ll read that big post tomorrow DBD

Thanks!!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I mean, not only was my "meta vote" an oversight, it was also a joke vote with a meta explanation because this is a totally new game and I wouldn't seriously just vote the guy because he fooled me in a previous game as my first post in the game. Hence me saying, if the situation was flipped, it's like me making a case on your flerp joke vote as the reasoning to why you're scummy if you called me out. You would also think it's a weak case.

Why didn't you write this in your initial vote on me then? All you did was bring up Sal.

Wait, I'm confused. Should my first ~serious~ vote not have an explanation? Am I supposed to be 100% committed to a gut read of a player playing too "clean" and "awkwardly jokey" in Ixt, in my opinion? Also the unvote wasn't quick and for no reason, Lumpen literally explained why he may have came off like that, I accepted it (to an extent), and saw AA just making these weird quips every other page and that pinged me harder. My last post about the meta thing does reference Ixt and Ardu because I've seen meta explanations on why they're playing like they are, I just don't want that to become a trend, aka meta reads for every single person that is playing differently, because people could overthink things.

Also, GK, I refuse to believe you would look at/vote me in this instance over someone in AA that essentially OMGUS'd a call out vote, and then voted me because of a "meta joke vote" of a player not in the game as an "aggressive scum move". He also said he was posting how he was posting because "the game just started and jokephase was put down unceremoniously while I was wrapping up being thoroughly defeated by scum in Yami's pokemon 2 mafia", yet the last 3 posts he had after his "This game is filled with vets and old faces, strange." post were also quips/shitposts which occurred while things were quite obviously happening and way past the jokevote stage. I don't buy it.

In the past, my gut has served me right when I'm frustrated town because people for some reason love to spar with me D1 when I'm active and making reads., and press me for poo poo that has pretty logical explanations compared to things that require a bit more, uh, connecting pieces to make sense.

If I didn't call you out, I'm not sure you would've even involved yourself thoroughly by now, AA. That's what bothers me. I would be utterly surprised if out of a D1 that has had more than decent content, which is rare, you would pick out a joke Sal vote as the number one thing that pinged you.

Frankly, and I don't mean anything malicious in saying it, I do not at all care if you buy it or not.

I skim and shitpost, this is nothing new. If you consider my attack on personal meta validity a point of contention, then allow me to appeal to you by referring to my own personal meta.

I'm not trying to pick your stuff apart, but yes, I do single out my call out when there were other players making the same type of useless commentary.

I don't see why my behavior stands above anyone else's in that category other than your expressed views run contrary to my own.

As I've said and repeated, your weird meta vote on Sal isn't the reason I find you suspicious, it actually has very little to do with the vote or Sal, and instead that it feels like you've constructed a flimsy easy vote early on and then seemingly fell into Oh, well agreement to get on Ixt.

Regarding GK:
I was failing at emphasis. I took it as perhaps an overreaction to an overreaction as DizzyCow half-jokingly stated, because I immediately transition on to Ardulac.

What is unclear is that the "Or at least I thought" needs the follow up "until-- Ardulac's stalwart defense..."

It was a semi-connected thought that was intended to be a single connected thought.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I guess that's what effort posting on AA's part looks like! It's kinda weird imo.

It looks like AA is offering some reads beyond OMGUS though, which is nice.

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Could you point to confusing meta reads and interactions? A lot of the meta stuff just flies over my head and it makes it hard to read if people are serious or not.

~unrelated~

I would vote Kaschei just because they're feeling to me like how they played SK last game. Just bouncing around throwing shade. In particular:

kaschei posted:

the scum which I guess maybe is
*checks votecount*
*checks role PM*
Ardulac

Role fishing? I dunno. Wants to bring the conversation to and around pm's.

Also and unrelated read:

So like, what is this conversation?

Ernie. posted:

okay kaschei is actually scum, im happy with where my vote is

Ardulac posted:

I agree, he's probably the Scummiest looking person so far. AA is a bit off too, which makes the fact that Kaschei called him out for playing like he previously did as Scum seem a bit strange. ##Vote Kaschei

I'd love to get through a Day 1 without getting piled on as Town.

Okay, Kaschei is the scummiest looking person so far today.

CCKeane posted:

Can you elaborate on what you mean by this? If AA is scum, why shouldn't Kaschei call him out?

Ardulac posted:

Missed this. I just found it weird that the two people I'm most suspicious of were involved. I figured it might be noteworthy later, but mostly it was just a stream of consciousness thing.

CCKeane posted:

Sure, I get that pinging you. So just to clarify, are you saying kaschei is MORE suspicious for thinking AA is acting strangely or less?

Ardulac posted:

Less, but not enough for me to not vote him. His recent posts are feeling more natural to me though, so I'm having second thoughts. ##unvote

So like 20 minutes have passed, and 6 posts in the meantime. I dunno. Seems like a quick unvote. I just wonder what Ardulac's 'scummiest person' by far entails when this conversation causes him to cool off. Especially when a key read that Ardulac mentions about him cooling off is related to this:

kaschei posted:

AA asked if the game was going to be all meta reads so I gave the least useful meta read on AA I could

Where Kaschei admits it was a joke, and so it seems Kas did not really make a serious jab at AA at the time. With this new info Ardulac didn't really walk back to revisit that though. Seems weird.

##vote Ard

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I’m reading Ardulac as someone who realized he made a mistake with that aggressive Ernie read and put in a bunch of new content to try to climb back. Right now, I think he’s scum doing it. I’ve definitely done the exact same thing as scum.

The post that really tipped it for me is the one where he tries to play to my meta on him to get me to unvote. In our last game, I said I wouldn’t vote Hal because of meta reasons and me misreading Hal often for these reasons. Ardulac and Hal were scum buddies. It feels like Ardulac is trying to play on that here.

I’m on a phone boarding a plane but wanted to get this out.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I also don’t like AA right now. I agree with what DBD posted. AA is hiding a low hanging fruit case in a vomit of other content that looks a lot better to drill into.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

Ardulac posted:

I'd also point out that I think you just find my posting style to be Scummy. I'm not sure why that is, but it's a bit frustrating.
I consider this a scumslip.

Ardulac posted:

Lumpen posted:

Yeah, huh?? Please provide evidence because I just watched a whole other game that both you and merk lives to endgame as Town in which this did not seem to be the case at all.
I felt like he was pretty suspicious of me most of that game and his last act was to Track me, but it could be all in my head. I seemed to remember him pushing for me Day 1 in that game where I was also stating early opinions, but I'll look back as I may be confusing him with someone else. Either way, I just like to state my thoughts as they occur to me. Early thoughts are always more open to change, but I don't see the use in pretending I don't have opinions. Maybe they seem fake because I'm not filtering them?

Ardulac posted:

Lumpen posted:

Ardulac are you suspicious of merk? Is your presupposing he is town just a whoopsie mistake?
Not particularly. I get the same feeling from him as our last game that you referenced. I think he is more than likely Town and just misguided.

ScumMind... the original utterance logically presupposes merk to be Town (only Scum know that someone is Town). I was not satisfied by Ardulac's response.

##vote Ardulac

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Regarding ardulac, eh after carving out a play career entrenched in neuroticism and anxiety, I tend to unabashedly go my own way. I dont know what normal day 1 behavior is.

Ardulac's stalwart defense which relies on meta was more curious imo, but ardulac seems to be pressuring everyone and questioning everything with the same intensity

The shift onto ixt is understandable but seems rushed and weird like it was constructed to draw heat off of ernie and away from GKs points.

merks response to imgays play seems totally artificial. I think the imgay rush was bad legitimately because scum driving a turbo on imgay has happened at least once this year lol.

To sum it up, I'm less worried about who is not involved and I'm also less worried about the hyper involved.

I think DBD looks fishy for the Sal vote more so than their accusations raised against me.

Ardulac for all their persistent questioning and weird support of ernie is pinging me, ngl.

It's not an omgus, it's a you're playing like aggressive scum: ##vote DBD

so to summarize:

ardulac may be normal
gk is good but bad
ardulac may be normal
people voting ixt may be scum
people voting imgay may be scum
people who post and people who don't post are good
dbd is scum because he made a dumb post
ardulac may not be normal
dbd is scum because aggressive

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

George Kansas posted:

Also I don’t listen to the posting of those I’m casing after I’ve cased them because anyone trying to defend themselves is unreadable

lol

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

The things that you say I should sink my teeth into is you projecting what you believe is ideal or optimal in this situation. I have read those discussions and weighed in on them, it's your behavior that stands out to me.

The meta Sal vote, I am not above marking that off as an oversight, but it is that you had a meta vote for him, and you cautioning against it now:

Looks like a nice way to frame your own behavior as something that could have in any way been beneficial at that point in time.

However, the meta Sal vote alone is not why I think you're suspicious. It's the fact that you had any explanation at all to lead into a serious vote on someone. Followed up with your quick shift on to Ixt that was defused in the span of an hour and a half to cherry pick my peripheral skim poo poo posting for your next bit of conviction when as you've pointed out, there are way more things to sink our teeth into.

I think your pushing of me is a bit hypocritical in this instance.

this is so weird, you're filling up your case against dbd with something that he said in serious-game-time and saying he's walking back a joke-phase vote, all that happened after your case, so couldn't have been part of it at the beginning... you're not answering the basic question of 'why is dbd's behaviour bad guy behaviour'

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

George Kansas posted:

Would also vote

have you tried reading the game

i heard it helps if you want to pretend like you tried reading the game

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

George Kansas posted:

sorry one more:

lol

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

kaschei posted:

AA asked if the game was going to be all meta reads so I gave the least useful meta read on AA I could

but maybe I'm not funny :( sobering

p.s. the cool move was to ignore DBD and hope the watcher doctor and scum independently pursue his slip, then lynch him tomorrow if he survives (and there was another nightkill)
get on my level

i'm going to unvote kaschei because 7 years ago he played exactly like this and he was town ##unvote

but seriously, he seems unstressed with my vote/number of people voting for him, doesn't read like someone who wants me to get off his case

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

merk posted:

I’m reading Ardulac as someone who realized he made a mistake with that aggressive Ernie read and put in a bunch of new content to try to climb back. Right now, I think he’s scum doing it. I’ve definitely done the exact same thing as scum.

The post that really tipped it for me is the one where he tries to play to my meta on him to get me to unvote. In our last game, I said I wouldn’t vote Hal because of meta reasons and me misreading Hal often for these reasons. Ardulac and Hal were scum buddies. It feels like Ardulac is trying to play on that here.

Ooo look at me, I'm merk, I'm in a metal box in the sky, fear me ground people.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

"There is a difference between fear and caution."

merk posted:

Or, and really think about this, I really thought Ernie seemed engaged and Townie and shared that opinion. Also, I wasn't Scum in that game, so maybe that is your confusion.

Lumpen posted:

quote:

I felt like he was pretty suspicious of me most of that game and his last act was to Track me, but it could be all in my head. I seemed to remember him pushing for me Day 1 in that game where I was also stating early opinions, but I'll look back as I may be confusing him with someone else. Either way, I just like to state my thoughts as they occur to me. Early thoughts are always more open to change, but I don't see the use in pretending I don't have opinions. Maybe they seem fake because I'm not filtering them?

quote:

Not particularly. I get the same feeling from him as our last game that you referenced. I think he is more than likely Town and just misguided.

ScumMind... the original utterance logically presupposes merk to be Town (only Scum know that someone is Town). I was not satisfied by Ardulac's response.

##vote Ardulac
You do realize the vast majority of us are Town, right? Presupposing merk to be Town when he hasn't done anything I view as Scummy and is acting the way I believed he was acting in the last game (where he was in fact Town) is simply sane. Sometimes people accuse me, and I think it comes from a bad place. I didn't get that vibe off of his case. The only thing I find worrying about him now is that last post which suggests he was trying to put me in a double bind. He supported his case by mentioning me creating a bunch of new content to dig my way out, which is troubling because he could easily have made the opposite argument if I clammed up. That does suggest a mindset of seeking out arguments rather than truth. Evaluating the content itself would have been more consistent with a Town mindset, but at this point it's just one reason for me to doubt merk's sincerity. The end of that post he made makes sense if he believed I was Scum with Hal last game because Scum would take note of the arguments that were effective for their team (and to be fair to him, anyone could go back and see that if they re-read that game).

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I lived.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

merk posted:

I lived.
Glad to hear it.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ardulac, I didn’t make an argument that you’re scum because you claimed up. I don’t think I’ve ever made that argument. To presuppose that I would is a pretty bad flaw in your analysis of my last post.

I did think you were scum that game. I guess if you weren’t, then whoops on that point.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Lumpen posted:

##vote Ardulac

i uhhhhhh highly disagree with this post and kinda makes me think lumpen’s just trying to jump onto a bandwagon w/ a weak case

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ardulac, I didn’t make an argument that you’re scum because you claimed up. I don’t think I’ve ever made that argument. To presuppose that I would is a pretty bad flaw in your analysis of my last post.

I did think you were scum that game. I guess if you weren’t, then whoops on that point.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
drat you, AT&T!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Ardulac posted:

You do realize the vast majority of us are Town, right? Presupposing merk to be Town when he hasn't done anything I view as Scummy and is acting the way I believed he was acting in the last game (where he was in fact Town) is simply sane.

This is very wrong but maybe a general mafia disagreement. I look at every post assuming the player is of unknown alignment. Presupposing alignment makes for bad analysis.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

merk posted:

I suggested that you could have made that argument. Regardless, I actually think clamming up is both Scummier and makes Town's job significantly harder.

Do you see how me not being Scum last game may have tainted your view of my play? Do you agree it would have made me less likely to have remembered that interaction you had with Hal?

merk posted:

This is very wrong but maybe a general mafia disagreement. I look at every post assuming the player is of unknown alignment. Presupposing alignment makes for bad analysis.
I feel like we're talking past each other. I'm saying that I'm not assuming bad faith because unknown alignments are more than likely Town and so I argue as though the person is being intellectually honest until given proof to the contrary. They still have to show their work.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Ardulac posted:

Do you see how me not being Scum last game may have tainted your view of my play? Do you agree it would have made me less likely to have remembered that interaction you had with Hal?

No.

No.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I was like wait when was I scum with Ardulac?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

kaschei posted:

One down, about 240 to go

I've read them all and I was somewhat disappointed.

I agree with whomever said Ernie is playing completely different than his recent scum game so even though all his posting is giving me a headache he is probably town.