Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
ok]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Filling up fast

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Filling up fast.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Finally, for my 16th game with Imgay I can kill him again and maybe hit scum but most importantly remove imgay from late game.

##vote imgay

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Can we dial it back down to joke phase, people have barely said something about anything and I don't wanna get going down the wrong path.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Ernie. posted:

i have this theory that scum are much more unlikely to back down from a case than town - they're happy they found a course, and whether or not it's bussing they don't like changing their opinions around

george kansas what do you think

mafia strategy wise, of course

I dunno the mafia wiki has a strategy of finding scum referring to a scum tell called 'reverse omgus' where scum drop a case to push easier to push town.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I'm okay with being first vote on imgay. someone had to.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I guess that's what effort posting on AA's part looks like! It's kinda weird imo.

It looks like AA is offering some reads beyond OMGUS though, which is nice.

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I don't like a lot of the meta stuff being thrown around either. It has its place, and certainly can be used for player specific interactions they've had with people in this thread, but have already seen more than a few posts giving meta reasoning as to why certain players are playing specific/odd ways early on. It's hard to tell if it's a well meaning "head's up" or just meant to confuse and keep people off the scent of actual scum playing weird D1.

Could you point to confusing meta reads and interactions? A lot of the meta stuff just flies over my head and it makes it hard to read if people are serious or not.

~unrelated~

I would vote Kaschei just because they're feeling to me like how they played SK last game. Just bouncing around throwing shade. In particular:

kaschei posted:

the scum which I guess maybe is
*checks votecount*
*checks role PM*
Ardulac

Role fishing? I dunno. Wants to bring the conversation to and around pm's.

Also and unrelated read:

So like, what is this conversation?

Ernie. posted:

okay kaschei is actually scum, im happy with where my vote is

Ardulac posted:

I agree, he's probably the Scummiest looking person so far. AA is a bit off too, which makes the fact that Kaschei called him out for playing like he previously did as Scum seem a bit strange. ##Vote Kaschei

I'd love to get through a Day 1 without getting piled on as Town.

Okay, Kaschei is the scummiest looking person so far today.

CCKeane posted:

Can you elaborate on what you mean by this? If AA is scum, why shouldn't Kaschei call him out?

Ardulac posted:

Missed this. I just found it weird that the two people I'm most suspicious of were involved. I figured it might be noteworthy later, but mostly it was just a stream of consciousness thing.

CCKeane posted:

Sure, I get that pinging you. So just to clarify, are you saying kaschei is MORE suspicious for thinking AA is acting strangely or less?

Ardulac posted:

Less, but not enough for me to not vote him. His recent posts are feeling more natural to me though, so I'm having second thoughts. ##unvote

So like 20 minutes have passed, and 6 posts in the meantime. I dunno. Seems like a quick unvote. I just wonder what Ardulac's 'scummiest person' by far entails when this conversation causes him to cool off. Especially when a key read that Ardulac mentions about him cooling off is related to this:

kaschei posted:

AA asked if the game was going to be all meta reads so I gave the least useful meta read on AA I could

Where Kaschei admits it was a joke, and so it seems Kas did not really make a serious jab at AA at the time. With this new info Ardulac didn't really walk back to revisit that though. Seems weird.

##vote Ard

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Yeah It's been tied up for a long time. Ard never really responded to my argument even after bottle knight brought it up again in regards to the susp vote and unvote around Kasch earlier but ties are weird and I'm sure we'll learn something flipping AA. AA also has been solely focused on defending himself in a fairly weird way, including calling votes on him bad rather than casing other people well. So whatever.

##vote AA

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Hi I exist.

Lumpen posted:

##Vote Ardulac
very self-conscious

AA is posting big and wordy posts and this should be encouraged. Would not lynch even though I agree that he's scummy.

On light of the flip I could do a lumpen lunch.

Pretty cool how dizzy is at -3 but I guess it's not a bad case.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

##vote Lumpen

what happens if I do this?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Okay who are we killing.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I was hoping to do more scum hunting closer to deadline.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Don't like that Lumpen is on Dizzy is my first instinct ##vote Hal.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Ah gently caress it, no point in voting Hal when hal's here posting and Dizzy's been gone for two days it looks like.

##vote Dizzy

I know it's ironic coming from me but I'll welcome a vig death at this point. I know I haven't put a lot of effort into this game, my last game I 'went insane' and participated too much. I've been trying to just make gut reads through threads and not get into discussions.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

:guinness:

That is some seriously back breaking night action targeting TNL, uhg.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I could whine about it or kick up dust but like, I don't think you guys are lunching DBD or TNL so.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I had kinda a good thing going too, like it was okay.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

merk posted:

Why would you Roleblock me? Did I give some sort of indication that I was a power role? I thought I gave myself away as VT when I was theorycrafting about whether a Cop should claim. I even felt dumb after going through the exercise once I remembered DBD's softclaim.

I galaxy brained that you were cop pretending to ask cop to claim.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I just saw paddleton, it's a really good movie imo. I was crying at the end lmao.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

anyone else see paddleton?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I just watched it because Redletter media recommended it, I'm pretty basic.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Anyone want a hint

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

CCKeane posted:

Sure, and also a pat (of butter, I was out, if you can believe it.)

H

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

kaschei posted:

I’m impressed, trying to frame dead townie Hal incandenza with your dying breath is a bold move.

ask for another hint

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

flerp posted:

here's a hint for you

##vote toal

:pusheen:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Yeah town did well. I could have scummed harder this game. We could have fought harder in the first two days but also it's hard to do that sometimes.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Lumpen posted:

Yeah he really did play well to draw an investigation, I guess he just went a bit too far over the line, and also got (inexplicably) bused by Toalpaz.

Merk mentioned it earlier, the case on Ardulac was dead and we had no scum on the AA vote. 9 hours from deadline I was 90% sure the town votes on Ard would consolidate on AA and then scum would be reluctantly hammering/not voting.

Being the swing vote on the god father was a lot of cred, I was hoping to ride it out.

Toalpaz fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Mar 30, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Yeah that's a good point.