Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
This is a loving amazing reel, good lord

https://twitter.com/cbssports/status/1112191647352262658?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I was honestly feeling a little underwhelmed by this tournament but tonight was crazy and totally made up for it.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

STAC Goat posted:

I was honestly feeling a little underwhelmed by this tournament but tonight was crazy and totally made up for it.

The general problem with this tournament was that it was seeded really, really well. That basically led to nearly no cool upsets like previous years.

Now that we're in/past the Sweet 16, we're seeing the benefits of that good seeding. Evenly-matched teams throwing haymakers over and over at each other.

Unfortunately, gently caress Duke is still in :v:

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

facialimpediment posted:

I've been crunching the numbers on how to have Duke and Michigan State both lose tomorrow, but I haven't come up with anything yet.

MC Fruit Stripe fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Mar 31, 2019

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

facialimpediment posted:

The general problem with this tournament was that it was seeded really, really well. That basically led to nearly no cool upsets like previous years.

Now that we're in/past the Sweet 16, we're seeing the benefits of that good seeding. Evenly-matched teams throwing haymakers over and over at each other.

Yeah, for sure. Lack of early upsets means an underwhelming first couple of rounds of fun but it should mean better matched up games afterwards instead of teams in over their heads.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

He went like .6 Harden there. Which is a massive compliment.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

LAST NIGHT WAS AWESOME

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Adun posted:

Elentar, my friend, instead of imagining ways for Duke to lose have you ever considered how fun it might be to cheer for the single most athletic and likeable college basketball player in at least 20 years? Duke should be an underdog in every game from here and I just wish there were more people (like you!) along for the ride.

Call me crazy but I don’t think the team with the best player and best coach and overall #1 seed should be the underdog in every game, particularly today’s game against an injury riddled team coached by a man who is 1-11 against Krzyzewski.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Call me crazy but I don’t think the team with the best player and best coach and overall #1 seed should be the underdog in every game, particularly today’s game against an injury riddled team coached by a man who is 1-11 against Krzyzewski.

I dunno how you look at this tournament and season and conclude anything other than that Chris Beard is the best coach in the game right now.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians

elentar posted:

ugh I loving hate Mick Cronin, just the dirtiest teams out there

Have also heard it could Wojo or Marshall, and I'm definitely hoping for one of those two.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

It seems weird to me that I know basically nothing about Kentucky or, Cassius Winston aside, Michigan State. That could be half the Final Four, and they’re under the radar somehow.

Nur_Neerg posted:

Have also heard it could Wojo or Marshall, and I'm definitely hoping for one of those two.

Marshall is such an rear end in a top hat that his own players seem to hate him and I will never get past Wojo as floorslapper-in-chief, though I guess it would be funny to steal two coaches from Marquette.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
The end of the Uconn- Louisville game is pretty wild

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Jordan Bohannon, Cool Dude:

https://twitter.com/JordanBo_3/status/1112421166185136128

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
OUR LONG (by which i mean mine and kinda mine alone) NATIONAL NIGHTMARE IS HALF OVER

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

https://twitter.com/JFergusonAU/status/1112458583197843463

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

His brother Zach was the one that pushed Nigel Hayes to speak out on this. I'm glad "gently caress the NCAA" runs in the family.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
You know what?

I don't care that MSU won.

gently caress DUKE

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

https://www.diddukewin.com/

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

gently caress Duke

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Hey uh crossposting to say gently caress Duke

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Grittybeard posted:

How did Tech lose twice to K State anyway? Dean Wade bamboozle people all night or something?

Only once, 58-45 in Manhattan. Tech won the first game in Lubbock. Lost by 16 to KU in Lawrence. Also dropped games to Iowa State in Lubbock and Baylor in Waco.

After the KU loss, Tech won 9 straight and has hit 70 in every game except @OU on feb 9th and against Michigan in the tournament.

Still not sure how they lost to WVU in the Big XII tournament. I think it was because WVU got Konate back, had nothing to lose, and Tech was sorta sleepwalking.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Get hosed, Duke.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
GO GREEN gently caress DUKE I AM AWARE THAT MSU IS PROBLEMATIC BUT PLEASE TAKE INTO ACCOUNT THAT THEY MAKE YOUR GOOD POSTING FRIEND HENCH HAPPY

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

WOOHOO! gently caress Duke, Texas Tech, Auburn Final Four has me hyped!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
kayakyakr you're cool and your school produced legendary Pistons scrub Darvin Ham but for this week, gently caress to the Red Raiders

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
A Texas Tech-Auburn championship game would be hella sweet and give us back the Chiefs-Rams Super Bowl that we deserved.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

STAC Goat posted:

WOOHOO! gently caress Duke, Texas Tech, Auburn Final Four has me hyped!
drat, my guy thinks so little of UVA he won't even include them in his list of the 3 teams in the Final Four.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

gently caress Duke, thank you very much. At the beginning of the weekend it looked like a boring tournament and then every game was a heart attack.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Bird in a Blender posted:

gently caress Duke, thank you very much. At the beginning of the weekend it looked like a boring tournament and then every game was a heart attack.

The benefit of an extremely chalky first two rounds was that pretty much everyone left was legit and we got an all time great elite 8

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

drat, my guy thinks so little of UVA he won't even include them in his list of the 3 teams in the Final Four.

I mean, I don't have anything against them but they don't really move the needle for me the way those three results did.

It was a kick rear end game though.

edit: Like, I don't really care about Texas Tech, Michigan St, or Auburn either. I just dug the results of those games.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Apr 1, 2019

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
gently caress Duke and gently caress Texas Tech

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Lessail posted:

gently caress Duke and gently caress Texas Tech

OK, this one I get.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Hopefully Zion declares and we can go back to Duke being full of dudes I enjoy hate watching.

That said I’m interested in seeing what teams do with Zion in the NBA. He will be one of the shortest and heaviest PFs, unless he plays SF. I guess it really doesn’t matter since he probably can guard anyone.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

it pleases me to announce the northwestern wildcats have reached the women' NIT final four, gently caress yeah

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

R.D. Mangles posted:

it pleases me to announce the northwestern wildcats have reached the women' NIT final four, gently caress yeah
Honest question: There's a Women's NIT? Surely that can't draw much in the way of crowds, can it?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Crazy Ted posted:

Honest question: There's a Women's NIT? Surely that can't draw much in the way of crowds, can it?

they play home games

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Slowpoke! posted:

Hopefully Zion declares and we can go back to Duke being full of dudes I enjoy hate watching.

That said I’m interested in seeing what teams do with Zion in the NBA. He will be one of the shortest and heaviest PFs, unless he plays SF. I guess it really doesn’t matter since he probably can guard anyone.

He's gonna be a PF or small ball center unless someone is really dumb and lol of course he's gonna loving declare

R.D. Mangles posted:

Iowa is a 13.5 point dog in the elite eight despite being a two seed and having the best player in the country, women's basketball is wild

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

MourningView posted:

He's gonna be a PF or small ball center unless someone is really dumb and lol of course he's gonna loving declare
Yeah good lord no he's not a 3. That said, you never know what he might end up playing like because if Oklahoma Blake Griffin can end up being an NBA Point Forward at the 4 someone like Zion seems to have a high enough combination of talent and intelligence that he could do it in the far-off.

MourningView posted:

Iowa is a 13.5 point dog in the elite eight despite being a two seed and having the best player in the country, women's basketball is wild
At least it's better than it used to be. I remember when about a third of the games in the NCAA first round were pretty much locks for 40+ point beatdowns.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

R.D. Mangles posted:

they play home games

Isn’t that how the men’s NIT is too until the final 4?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Bird in a Blender posted:

Isn’t that how the men’s NIT is too until the final 4?

look i don't really know how postseason basketball works