Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I hate this bracket because I can’t figure out who Duke loses to. Zion is too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Poque posted:

That Buffalo/Texas Tech/Nevada/Michigan corner of the bracket is pure hell and is gonna produce some really good games.

I feel like Buffalo has a good chance to make it far, but who the hell knows. This is a bizarro year for me where I think every Big 12 team sucks and will not make it to the second weekend.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Also Belmont upsets Maryland. I'm just giving these tips away!!

I feel this way too. Maryland has lost a lot to some bad teams.

I haven’t made a lot of upset picks, so that means I will be very wrong and every favorite will be eliminated by the sweet 16.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

dirty shrimp money posted:

Georgia State's gonna knock off Houston

heard it here maybe second

I hope so because ISU is probably not beating Houston. I barely believe they’ll beat OSU, but I’m hoping for revenge for 2013.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Poque posted:

Houston might literally be worse than the 5 and 6 seeds in their own region, which means they will be in the final four.

How can you tell? They haven’t really played anyone that great from what I can tell, but they only have 3 losses. Looks like they rebound well and that scares me as an ISU fan.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

MourningView posted:

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1107704583495864320?s=19

Having to actually play him every year would really take the shine off the joy of seeing ISU fans lose their minds. This seems kind of absurd on the surface but his grandpa coached their and Nebraska has been throwing a ton of money at the basketball program to try to get it going. They also have lax enough academics that he could get away with loading up on nothing but transfers instead of actually recruiting, which was his preference at ISU and something he couldn't get away with at a job like UCLA

Thanks. I hate it.

This just seems so bizarre to me because all I hear about is he wants to stay in the NBA, hates recruiting, and I think would hate to rebuild a program again. Except this time he’s rebuilding a program with no basketball history at all. Well, hope he succeeds I guess.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Real Name Grover posted:

From a Lincoln Journal Star columnist this afternoon: https://journalstar.com/sports/husk...65e0b1f726.html

So that seems like a moot point.

I'm totally on board with this hire, if it happens.

Yea I think he’s heavily hinted at that he hates dealing with AAU coaches and all the poo poo that goes with it. Might be another reason he likes transfers so much. Not sure how that changes when he goes back to Nebraska though.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Only thing I hate about this year is I feel like I end up downloading like 5 apps to cover my NCAA fix. Doesn’t help that lots of places have separate apps just for the tournament.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Henchman of Santa posted:

Should we get a First Four GDT going?

Yea. We could probably do a GDT for each weekend or something.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

KingKapalone posted:

I'm never able to figure this out each year, but is there a way to know when the winner on Thursday will play on Saturday? Friday then Sunday?

How about just what times the games are on on a certain day before the teams are known?

I’m not sure if that is even set to be honest. I think they try to move bigger games to the prime time slots when they can. I can’t find the info on any website.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I made a GDT since games are already happening.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3885117

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

PJ Washington is injured for at least today's game against Abilene Christian with a sprained foot. I would imagine if he's not playing today, he will likely be out Saturday too. Not good to miss your leading scorer.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Coco13 posted:

Since you asked, here's the song from the Apple commercial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcrZIK3gqbU

I swear, society will never be as cool as it was in the 60s. This poo poo is great.

I hate having to wait until 8:50 tonight for ISU to play.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

MourningView posted:

ISU writers keep mentioning Steve Prohm for the job which would seem like a massive downgrade for him even though he's an alum. Though it'd actually be kinda perfect timing for ISU if it happened soonish since Nebraska is dragging it's feet on firing poor Tim Miles and hiring Hoiberg.

This would be bizarre and unexpected, so ISU hiring Hoiberg again is exactly what will happen. Though the Prohm to Alabama rumors were started by like one guy in Alabama who knows essentially nothing.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

MourningView posted:

https://twitter.com/mahonsports/status/1110619190757597190?s=19

This would be a pretty solid hire for y'all, he's a really good recruiter.

Yea. ISU’s recruiting took a nose dive when he left.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

gently caress Duke, thank you very much. At the beginning of the weekend it looked like a boring tournament and then every game was a heart attack.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

they play home games

Isn’t that how the men’s NIT is too until the final 4?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Iowa State has lost Hoiberg to the Bulls, and Cael Sanderson to Penn State (wrestling). Coaches don’t care about Alma maters or anything really. They will always jump for more money and/or better facilities and recruiting advantages.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Well, Horton-Tucker declared for the draft. Not sure if Wigginton will do that too. Next year is probably going to suck a little if both leave. I didn't think Horton-Tucker was quite good enough to declare after one year, but that's how it goes. Hope he does well if he is drafted.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

That’s the Mayor for ya!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Yea. That would be great.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Winning the NIT essentially means that maybe you should have gotten that play in 11 spot, which doesn’t say a whole lot. Texas still gives Shaka one more year, but I have to imagine he’s gone next year if they don’t make the NCAA and at a decent seed too.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Interesting hire mostly because Beilein is already 66. How many more years does he have in him to coach? Aside from not having the talent, I definitely couldn't be a coach because I don't have the mindset these guy do to just keep working. If I made the kind of money he made, I would have retired like 10 years ago.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Death penalty for KU in my opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

ISU is predicted to finish 7th in the Big 12, which is probably right. Lost a couple of important people, but last year was really underwhelming.

Feels like Prohm really needs to have a good year otherwise he’s going to end up on the hot seat. Fans appreciate getting to the tournament, but there’s expectations of being a 4 seed at least and always challenging for the Big 12 title.