Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Raw Results:
  • Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman opened the show, with Brock getting booed by the crowd. Heyman said that Rollins was into revisionist history, because Brock had beaten all the guys Seth said he'd struggled with. He thought Brock would need a new opponent, because Seth was facing Drew tonight, and Drew was a career killer (though not on Brock's level).
  • Drew came out and said that Brock would need a new opponent, as he planned to destroy Rollins like he did Roman and Dean last week. Seth appeared out of nowhere and just whaled on Drew with a steel chair as an impressed Brock watched on.
  • Brock bailed when Seth came after him, but looked like he was considering answering Seth's challenge to fight him right there until Heyman convinced him to leave.
  • Finn Balor's partner against Bobby Lashley/Lio Rush was revealed to be BRAUN! Finn/BRAUN! beat Lashley/Lio Rush in a surprisingly fun tag match where eventually Lashley bailed and left Lio to be murdered by BRAUN! who tossed him around like he weighed nothing.
  • Ronda arrived backstage with Travis Browne where a pissed off referee (John Cone) with a bunch of security complained she was late and explained after last week they needed extra secu-and she just walked away when he was mid-line, completely bored with him.
  • Alexa Bliss hosted A Moment of Bliss, and brought out Elias and assured him there would be NO interuptions of him tonight, this was a safe space. Elias announced he would be the headline musical act at Wrestlemania. No Way Jose's music hit and his conga line came out headed up by Heavy Machinery instead. Alexa was furious, telling Otis they'd rehearsed this 10 times but he'd still hosed up his cue.
  • A member of the conga line jumped Elias from behind, pulling off a mask to reveal it was No Way Jose, and he challenged Elias to come face him in the ring.
  • Elias defeated No Way Jose in a singles match.
  • Kurt Angle announced his opponent for Wrestlemania will be... oh for gently caress's sake, Baron Corbin? Jesus Christ.
  • Angle defeated Chad Gable as part of his retirement tour which will culminate at Wrestlemania against, at the time of this writing.... :sigh: Baron Corbin.
  • Corbin came out to mock Kurt, saying how much he enjoyed taking the General Manager role from him but he'd enjoy finishing Angle's career at Mania even more. The crowd chanted,"WE WANT CENA!"
  • A recap aired of Drew assaulting Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose the previous week.
  • Sasha and Bayley came to the ring for an interview, where they teased a match tomorrow on Smackdown with the IIconics. Beth and Nattie came out, with Beth saying she'd been thinking of coming out of retirement and now wanted to challenge them for their tag titles at Mania. Bayley pointed out she'd been retired for 6 years and might need more time to prepare, which broke them down into a brawl.
  • Nattie vs. Sasha ended in a DQ when Nia came out on the entrance ramp with a mic to distract everybody by shittalking Beth, and then Tamina attacked them from behind.
  • Mojo Rawley did another backstage segment where he yelled at himself in a mirror.
  • Ricochet defeated Jinder Mahal in a singles match. This was much better than usual Jinder matches, almost entirely down to Ricochet.
  • The Warrior Award at the Hall of Fame this year goes to Sue Aitchison, which is actually in line with The Ultimate Warrior's initial concept of a backstage person who never gets recognition getting it.
  • Ronda stormed down to the ring.
  • Seth was interviewed backstage and said he was going to get retribution against Drew for Roman and Dean, and then do the same to Brock at Wrestlemania. Dana Brooke was then interviewed about how she's not in the same league as Ronda. Dana admitted she may not be as good as Ronda all the time, but she only needs to be better for three seconds to become the new Raw Women's Champion.
  • It took a LITTLE longer than three seconds, but Ronda Rousey OBLITERATED Dana Brooke and quickly submitted her, refused to release the armbar and shoved over a ref before heading to ringside to kiss Travis Browne, then slapped the poo poo out of a security guard. Travis Browne punched another in the face and hauled Ronda over the barricade and took her away as she screamed at security.
  • Push El Burrito posted:

Tonight Ronda is a girl who has had one too many margaritas at an On The Border.
  • Baron Corbin faced Apollo Crews in a match, since Apollo fought Angle on his Retirement Tour recently. Apollo WON the match, much to Corbin's horror, with Angle coming out congratulate Apollo afterwards and laugh at Corbin.
  • Batista did an interview "live" via satellite, saying HHH had always tried to hold him down in place as the dumb muscle. He'd left and become a bigger star than ever, but he was sick of HHH fooling people into thinking he'd changed/was a good guy now because of things like NXT. He hoped Vince would fire HHH one day, but until then Dave would have to settle for beating his rear end at Wrestlemania and ending his career. Then he kicked the camera crew out of his office.
  • They recapped BRAUN! smashing up the car last week. BRAUN! showed up for an interview and declared he'd entered the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal so he could beat up as many people as he could. Alexa Bliss showed up and asked him to give her a week to settle the beef between him and the Saturday Night Live guys who will be at Mania.
  • Drew did a promo about the beating he gave Roman and Dean, and then gave a message to "Joe", challenging him to a match at Wrestlemania but warning him to say no for the sake of his family. Seth appeared on the Titantron and said the beating with the chair at the start of the show was for his brothers, but what was coming next was for him.
  • Seth and Drew ran into each other on the ramp and started beating the crap out of each other.
  • Drew beat the poo poo out of Seth for most of their match, but Seth turned things around and ran wild for a bit before setting up the Curb Stomp. Before he could hit it, he was distracted by Brock's music and Drew took the chance to hit the Claymore Kick and get the pin.
  • Brock and Paul stood at the top of the ramp, laughing at a furious Seth as the show went off the air.

Smackdown Results:
  • Miz opened the show to talk about Shane McMahon turning on him and the heel promo he cut last week. Miz talked about how hard he has worked for everything, unlike Shane, and how he would give Shane what he "deserves" at Wrestlemania.
  • Sasha and Bayley came out for a non-title match against the IIconics. The IIconics did a promo before the match mocking Sasha and Bayley for "ducking" them so far.
  • During the match, Lacey Evans walked to the ring.
  • After a commercial break, Lacey Evans was gone.
  • The IIconics beat Sasha and Bayley, their first loss since becoming the Women's Tag Team Champions. The commentators claimed they cheated but the finish was a bit of a confusing mess where it looks like nobody quite knew what to do.
  • Rey Mysterio was interviewed backstage, joined by his son Dominic (who towers over him). He said he was challenging Samoa Joe for a US Title match at Wrestlemania. Dominic said he'd be proud to be in the front row at Wrestlemania to watch Rey beat Joe.
  • Kevin Owens was delighted to host the NEW Kevin Owens show complete with nice graphics. His guests were Becky Lynch and Charlotte Flair, but after seating them at a table he said nobody wanted to hear them talk anymore, they wanted to see them fight. He got out of the ring as Charlotte said she would love to beat up Becky, and Owens asked for Becky's response. Her response was to punch Charlotte in the loving face!
  • The two brawled in and out of the ring, as officials attempted to keep them apart from each other.
  • AJ Styles was interviewed backstage about his match against Orton at Wrestlemania being made official. He noted that Orton always had so many advantages, but at Wrestlemania AJ was gonna tear the house down.
  • Daniel Bryan came to the ring with Rowan to talk poo poo about Kofi, claiming that "B+ is not good enough" and furious that Kofi was getting a title shot but definitely had not earned it. He was cut off by the New Day music, as Kofi came out for his Gauntlet match to earn a title shot against Bryan at Wrestlemania.
  • Kofi defeated Sheamus in the first stage of his Gauntlet Match, following a series of near-falls culminating in Kofi hitting Sheamus with the Trouble in Paradise. Xavier and BIG E were watching backstage, joined by The Usos (with pancakes), The Hardyz and Mustafa Ali.
  • Kofi beat Cesaro next, taking a beating but eventually managing to reverse the Neutralizer and hit the SOS. During the match, a kid in tears was shown, apparently so worried that Kofi would get beaten :3:
  • Rowan was next and lost by DQ when he battered Kofi with a steel chair and then chokeslammed him through an announce table. His obvious purpose was to brutalize Kofi to the point he wouldn't be able to win the Gauntlet and get the title shot against Rowan's mentor, Bryan.
  • Samoa Joe came out to pick the bones, as more and more people gathered backstage to watch the match on the television. Joe took sadistic pleasure in beating on Kofi, but it backfired on him when Kofi was able to escape a Muscle Buster and score a shock pinfall and stay alive. Furious, Joe choked Kofi out afterwards until refs managed to haul him off and kick him out.
  • Randy Orton was next, walking to the ring slowly enjoying making people suffer. He beat up Kofi and took him outside the ring where he referenced the,"STUPID! STUPID!" bit from earlier in their careers, but Kofi shoved him off and into the stairs and show a little life till Orton quickly tried to wear him down with chinlocks.
  • Orton finally went for the RKO, but Kofi got clear and hit the Trouble in Paradise. He was too exhausted to make the pin and by the time he started crawling over, Orton had recovered enough to roll out of the ring and put some distance between them.
  • After a commercial break, Orton was trying to put the finishing touches on Kofi once again, but Kofi was able to reverse and pin Orton COMPLETELY CLEAN to win the match and earn the title shot at Wrestlemania against Daniel Bryan.
  • Orton was shocked while backstage everybody was celebrating, and BIG E and Xavier rushed to the ring and lifted Kofi up on their shoulders.
  • Vince McMahon came out to congratulate Kofi, but said he still had one more opponent to beat, and BIG E and Xavier had to leave immediately or Kof would forfeit. The final challenger was... WWE Champion Daniel Bryan!
  • Kofi put up a hell of a fight but never looked anything over than doomed as Bryan tore him apart before hitting THE KNEE THAT BEAT JOHN CENA to pin him. Bryan left holding his title high, joined by Rowan at the ramp as BIG E and Xavier rushed to the ring to check on a motionless Kofi.

Abroham Lincoln posted:

that dirty dang 'ol dastardly daniel bryan ruined the thing I was going for! :argh:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Mar 20, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Baron Corbin is Kurt Angle's retirement match :laffo:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I was painting my kids rooms tonight and missed RAW, did Roman do his "Tomorrow isn't guaranteed" line?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

I'm still convinced (or in denial) that it's gonna be a fakeout and Cena will still end up taking the spot.

In the meantime, I'd be delighted if Corbin keeps losing to guys Angle beat on his retirement tour.

Intruder posted:

I was painting my kids rooms tonight and missed RAW, did Roman do his "Tomorrow isn't guaranteed" line?

Roman wasn't on the show. Drew challenged him to a match at Mania.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Intruder posted:

roman reigns died

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

Which either means we ARE getting Cena vs Samoa Joe or....

Oh god, they're going to do Cena/Taker with 1 week's build, aren't they?

Black Is Black
Jan 6, 2007

Fun fact, at NXT years ago I watched Alex Riley almost kill Baron Corbin by working too fast.

One could image what the world would be like...

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Intruder posted:

Roman wasn't on the show. Neither was Dean. Or Becky. Or Charlotte. Or HHH. Batista had a pretape. Brock was there but did even less than his usual appearances.

Jinder had a match, though. So did Dana. So did No Way Jose. And Mojo Rawley is back!

What I'm saying is Raw was a very bad show. It's a good thing Wrestlemania sells itself because this show did a piss-poor job of it.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Dude that ending was a loving burial. What a loving geek. Seth lost to Lesnar’s entrance music when he could clearly see that Lesnar was on the other side of the arena.

How the gently caress are they acting like this is a loving main event? How is anyone complaining about the Becky story at this point like goddamn.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
raw was awful

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Angry Grimace posted:

Dude that ending was a loving burial. What a loving geek. Seth lost to Lesnar’s entrance music when he could clearly see that Lesnar was on the other side of the arena.

How the gently caress are they acting like this is a loving main event? How is anyone complaining about the Becky story at this point like goddamn.

I did catch the very end of RAW and I think Seth looked back at Drew like three times waiting for him to get ready to claymore him

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Outside of Kofi-mania, this is basically a heatless Wrestlemania build

Seriously what the gently caress is going on?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Professor Funk posted:

Outside of Kofi-mania, this is basically a heatless Wrestlemania build

Seriously what the gently caress is going on?

Vince is shook

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Drew shouldve won the rumble.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Do you guys remember the Seinfeld reunion season of curb.... I watched a few episodAroonies of that instead of raw. Sounds like it Stank

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

It won't be most obviously.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Angry Grimace posted:

Main event babyfaces have lost in the build towards the biggest/most successful Wrestlemanias.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Remember when Braun was the hottest act in wrestling 8 months ago?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
They say the universe won’t end in a bang, it’ll end in a whimper. I’m not sure the end of angle ‘s 20 year career can even muster the wimper.

You gotta admit tho, this weekly challenge thing already makes this better than the last 5 years of the undertaker at least.

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Mar 19, 2019

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

https://twitter.com/BurninHamma/status/1107834652859891712

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

Drew McIntyre posted:

raw was awful

rawful

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Beautiful.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

rovert posted:

Main event babyfaces have lost in the build towards the biggest/most successful Wrestlemanias.

That was a really weak distraction though. He could see Lesnar standing on the other side of the arena.

I don’t have a problem with him losing dirty but he just looked like a moron. Even if you’re trying to avoid physicality you can at least have Lesnar go down to the ring and look like he’s gonna interfere.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Mar 19, 2019

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Jerusalem posted:

Roman wasn't on the show. Drew challenged him to a match at Mania.

When I read that he challenged "joe", I got excited for a minute at the prospect of a Drew-Samoa Joe match.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I'm going to be on a plate without USA during the Gauntlet tomorrow... :smith:

At least I can stay spoiler free until I get home.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

rovert posted:

That's a Battleground-rear end storyline beat and you know it, jack

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Professor Funk posted:

Remember when Braun was the hottest act in wrestling 8 months ago?

Yes. I also remember when he was overtaken as Raw's hottest act by Seth like 6 months ago. And now both of them are heatless, ineffective dweebs.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Pinwiz11 posted:

I'm going to be on a plate without USA during the Gauntlet tomorrow... :smith:

At least I can stay spoiler free until I get home.

Yes home from the plate..... [looming with my big fork and knife] your new home....

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Can the New Day fashion a title belt out of breakfast foods?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

DeepDickPizza posted:

Yes. I also remember when he was overtaken as Raw's hottest act by Seth like 6 months ago. And now both of them are heatless, ineffective dweebs.

Raw took smackdown’s main event women’s scene and drained the heat out of it.

Batista and Otis are the only good things about Raw

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
If you think about though, Kurt Angle's final match is a Catch-22. If you put someone younger/healthier/a better worker in there, if they lose they just lost to a retiring old man and if they win they just spoiled Kurt's final match. You might as well put in someone who no one will care if Angle beats/thrashes him.

I'm sure there are plenty of "But"s to be had here, but anyone with any sense in these threads should now basically expect and hope the WWE to screw sure things up and just hope it's 'rather badly' rather than 'piss it all away' levels of loving the sure thing up.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Entrance music distractions always suck.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

I liked when Seth "The Architect" Rollins, master of strategy and tactics, fell for an entrance ramp distraction like a dumbass

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Everyone is getting a Mania payoff

https://twitter.com/WrestleMania/status/1107846162269327362

https://twitter.com/SCsirens/status/1107781538161270785

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

Can the New Day fashion a title belt out of breakfast foods?

cover the hemp belt with acrylic "syrup" and "butter", add a fake fried egg on each sideplate and there you go: the Pancake Belt, made with THC LOVE and also just a little bit of THC maybe

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I really don't get where all the "the Corbin match is a swerve" feelings are coming from. It's consistent with the degree to which the WWE gives a poo poo about Kurt Angle, it makes the most sense continuity-wise for everything that's happened since Kurt's comeback (now that HHH is a face and is busy regardless), and Baron Corbin doesn't have any particular credibility to lose so if Angle gets a feelgood retirement win over him it doesn't hurt him because he's Baron Corbin and no one gives a poo poo.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Also Corbin’s the only guy who works slow enough to make Angle look alive.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I ate an entire pickle instead of watching Rawstling

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I put together a mini fridge. And a shelving unit. Did I miss anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Travis Browne on raw oh ok lmao