Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Gonz posted:

I put together a mini fridge. And a shelving unit. Did I miss anything?

You got room in there for some pickles?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

CarlCX posted:

I really don't get where all the "the Corbin match is a swerve" feelings are coming from. It's consistent with the degree to which the WWE gives a poo poo about Kurt Angle, it makes the most sense continuity-wise for everything that's happened since Kurt's comeback (now that HHH is a face and is busy regardless), and Baron Corbin doesn't have any particular credibility to lose so if Angle gets a feelgood retirement win over him it doesn't hurt him because he's Baron Corbin and no one gives a poo poo.

He picked Corbin and the crowd booed and then Michael Cole said on mic how much that match sucks and how nobody wants to see it. Then Corbin lost clean to Apollo Crews.

The funny part about it is that I think they are intentionally burying the living poo poo out of Corbin. I think he will lose again to Chad Gable (who Angle beat this week) and then Angle will reveal he is actually fighting Cena and his revenge is to not let Corbin get a cool match.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Ad by Khad posted:

Travis Browne on raw oh ok lmao

I mean if Ronda is a heel whose gimmick is “gently caress this company and its fans” it makes a lot of sense to have her husband who everyone legitimately hates be there doesn’t it? Dude got booed out of the building when he was on camera for like 5 seconds that one time.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
- Seth getting pinned is bad.
- Rousey's poo poo sounds like it's gotten so bad it's wrapped back around to fascinating.
- Boy, Corbin vs. Angle sounds like a smelly bad match.
- Batista is good.

I hope this is leading up to Becky bringing out Conor McGregor at Mania and him beating up Travis whatever his name is.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Professor Funk posted:

Remember when Braun was the hottest act in wrestling 8 months ago?

Less than a month away from being two full years ago https://www.wwe.com/videos/braun-strowman-savagely-attacks-roman-reigns-raw-april-10-2017

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

VJeff posted:

- Seth getting pinned is bad.
- Rousey's poo poo sounds like it's gotten so bad it's wrapped back around to fascinating.
- Boy, Corbin vs. Angle sounds like a smelly bad match.
- Batista is good.

The Ronda stuff is actually pretty standard heel stuff. There’s no angles or McMahons involved anymore and Rousey just beats the poo poo out of refs and her opponents now. It’s what she should be doing since she’s supposed to be an unstoppable heel. I won’t go so far as to say it’s super good or anything because it’s really basic heeling.

I can see why people want Becky to come out there but I don’t think she should have. Let Ronda gently caress people up. Why would Becky give a poo poo about Dana anyways?

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

SatansOnion posted:

cover the hemp belt with acrylic "syrup" and "butter", add a fake fried egg on each sideplate and there you go: the Pancake Belt, made with THC LOVE and also just a little bit of THC maybe

Pancake centre plate, egg side plates, bacon straps.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Angry Grimace posted:

I can see why people want Becky to come out there but I don’t think she should have. Let Ronda gently caress people up. Why would Becky give a poo poo about Dana anyways?

I give a poo poo about Dana :( she’s my favorite bad wrestler

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

CarlCX posted:

I really don't get where all the "the Corbin match is a swerve" feelings are coming from. It's consistent with the degree to which the WWE gives a poo poo about Kurt Angle, it makes the most sense continuity-wise for everything that's happened since Kurt's comeback (now that HHH is a face and is busy regardless), and Baron Corbin doesn't have any particular credibility to lose so if Angle gets a feelgood retirement win over him it doesn't hurt him because he's Baron Corbin and no one gives a poo poo.

I think it's literally denial. People can't believe that they'd build up Kurt Angle's retirement to get heat on Baron fuckin' Corbin.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I’m pickle Rick

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I am loving HYPE about the Kofi gauntlet match tomorrow. Don't forget it's opening the show tomorrow night!

K
O
F
I
T
R
A
I
N

(plus IIconics possibly get in on WM!!!)

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I am truly happy about this. I've known of Sue before I was even on the internet. A school friend of mine had a younger brother who had epidermolysis bullosa. I'd advise not Googling it or watching Channel 4 documentary "The Boy Whose Skin Fell Off" that has been on Neflix if you want to sleep tonight. Basically, the suffer's skin falls off if touched. Likewise, if they cry from pain. Fingers and toes end up healing against each other until they become these fin-like things. Parents can never lift their children to console them as it would cause too much damage.

Anyway, Sue managed the transport and care for him to meet Jeff Hardy in America about 15 years ago and made his life pretty much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQzTcmSBIxE

Her job isn't to send wrestlers to children's hospitals with a box of toys it is also to correspond with parents whose children who have passed away and inform wrestlers of deeply sick children's progress that they have made a connection with.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Blaise330 posted:

The amount of care she's putting into her character of "I just want to wrestle" is really easy to get behind. It really sucks they brought her to the main roster (WAY too soon) to be Charlotte's lackey then dropped her into oblivion.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Blaise330 posted:

I just mean her character shouldn’t give a poo poo and the idea of her coming out to help Dana doesn’t make any sense.

Gaz-L posted:

I think it's literally denial. People can't believe that they'd build up Kurt Angle's retirement to get heat on Baron fuckin' Corbin.

Dude they aren’t gonna have the announcers bury the gently caress out of the match and then have Corbin lose clean to Apollo loving Crews to get heat on Corbin. They did that poo poo so the crowd would chant “we want Cena,” which they did.

It’s a TV show designed to be easily understood by kids there isn’t a bunch of next level trickery here.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Mar 19, 2019

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I am extremely cool with Drew/Roman at Mania.

I also can't wait to see Ronda tap like a drunk woman to the Dis-Arm-Her.

Also this Sue lady seems unironically rad so good on her.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Sue Atchinson seems like a cool person who does good things and is well-liked by lots of people so I'm gonna look the other way on the whole "working for WWE" thing and assume she's a cool person.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1107850623628820482

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i would like to go and visit. Does anyone know if the local medical facility is a hospital, veterinary clinic, nursing home, etc.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Cavauro posted:

i would like to go and visit. Does anyone know if the local medical facility is a hospital, veterinary clinic, nursing home, etc.

It's a DBZ-style healing tank.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

VJeff posted:

It's a DBZ-style healing tank.

Mondo cool.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

It’s not real cavauro. None of its real. The medical facility, the wrestling, this very forum. You’re been in a coma for a very long time and you need to wake up. Wake up. Wake up cavauro. Wake up

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

rovert posted:

Sue story

Yeah she sounds not only like a wonderful person, but also pretty much exactly the type of person that Warrior actually explicitly talked about the award being for.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Why’s everybody care about that though. I guess sues fine. She’s good. Happy for sue. But they should have done the opposite of what warrior wanted. It should have honored terrible workers who were gay

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

No Irish Need Imply posted:

The amount of care she's putting into her character of "I just want to wrestle" is really easy to get behind. It really sucks they brought her to the main roster (WAY too soon) to be Charlotte's lackey then dropped her into oblivion.

I remember Dana and Emma. I remember.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Cavauro posted:

You got room in there for some pickles?

It sure does! But I put some yogurt and bottled water in there first.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Angry Grimace posted:

I mean if Ronda is a heel whose gimmick is “gently caress this company and its fans” it makes a lot of sense to have her husband who everyone legitimately hates be there doesn’t it? Dude got booed out of the building when he was on camera for like 5 seconds that one time.

he stinks. maybe vince can make money out of the fact that he stinks, but travis browne doesnt deserve a job and he certainly doesnt deserve tv time above a whole bunch of people, such as el generico or claudio i guess

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Regardless of Warrior being a piece of poo poo when he was alive who never apologized (or indicated he'd changed his mind) about his lovely anti-Muslim and homophobic statements, it doesn't change WWE being pretty gross about using the name of a dead guy to promote themselves as charitable while also largely ignoring his entire intended purpose of the award they co-opted.

Like, the guys who got the award before now were by all accounts really good, inspiring people (especially the kids) but it was a completely different type of recipient than the "creator" of the award had in mind. It's nice that they're going more in line with the original intent.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ad by Khad posted:

he stinks. maybe vince can make money out of the fact that he stinks, but travis browne doesnt deserve a job and he certainly doesnt deserve tv time above a whole bunch of people, such as el generico or claudio i guess

WWE should just give Derrick Lewis a bunch of money. He doesn't have to do anything for it or appear on the show, he just deserves lots of money!

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35pB_tYpmbs

look, it's my friend deano :unsmith:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Ad by Khad posted:

Travis is extremely well-liked by WWE wrestlers and management. Has never been a problem in their eyes.

They all celebrated Austin 3:16 day and they seem to hand out Mike Tyson shirts at the PC given how much the roster wear them both male and female.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Hell yes Dean

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I so dearly love Dean leaning over and talking poo poo pre and post stomp. When Dean seems like he's having fun and is invested he's SO GOOD. I seriously don't know if I want him to leave or not. I just want him to do what's best for him and to be happy and healthy. :unsmith:

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Alright let’s do our wrestlemania trend checklist. We got Braun in an underwhelming position on the card, check. An old guy in a terrible singles match that’ll go too long, check. So many matches that anyone who can recite them all without looking at a wiki should be ashamed, check. A cruiserweight title match that’ll get no mention or build during tv time, check. Battle royales whose winners show us specifically who WONT be pushed, check.

K we just need US and IC title multiman matches that’ll be amazing but we won’t remember them and an AJ Styles match that we’ll think will be amazing but will be okay.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's like I always said starting in 2011. Dean Ambrose is staying in WWE. he worked a pilot for nxt called Full Sail Ahead, that never Aired, and he is staying in wwe since then.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Blaise330 posted:

Alright let’s do our wrestlemania trend checklist. We got Braun in an underwhelming position on the card, check. An old guy in a terrible singles match that’ll go too long, check. So many matches that anyone who can recite them all without looking at a wiki should be ashamed, check. A cruiserweight title match that’ll get no mention or build during tv time, check. Battle royales whose winners show us specifically who WONT be pushed, check.

K we just need US and IC title multiman matches that’ll be amazing but we won’t remember them and an AJ Styles match that we’ll think will be amazing but will be okay.

the tippy top line of the wrestlemania checklist just reads "UNDERTAKER???" and then a big red stamp covers it with the word NO and then someone has scribbled in underneath it THANK GOD

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I just assume that someone's going to beat Corbin up right before the match, or it will evolve into something else over the next few weeks

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Kurt took the undertaker’s old guy spot

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Angle is a hell of a lot more broken down than ol' Mean Mark, how did that happen

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
How many cells has Undertaker moonsaulted off of?

I like how Kurt described his doctor being like “really dude!?” every time he came back with a new neck or knee injury specifically after being told to take it easy. Kurt would return to WWE after bad checkups and be like “doc said I just gotta ice it down a bit, I’m all good!”

Despite his Wolverine-like healing ability he never let himself get to 100%. It’s like when you keep charging your phone to 30 and being like “yup that’s good enough *unplug*”

Actually if you listen to his pain pill addiction story I’m not entirely convinced he isn’t an x-man

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Mar 19, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

It's been like 6-8 entire years since horror stories were surfacing where Angle was getting wheelchaired to gorilla and then getting injections right into his spine so that he could go out, then after the match (regular match, not a WM match) needing a wheelchair again to get outta there

The many discussions here about him dying in the ring someday were not ironic