Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Toalpaz, can you say some words about db? Please keep them simple, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Solus, have your thoughts on this game changed at all since your db vote? Where are you at, what’re you thinking?

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Toalpaz posted:

Well, I don't know if you're lying about being VT or not or if anyone who has claimed VT is lying about it to save themselves, secretly being town power roles. Tis the nature of mafia.

Did they claim VT to save themselves from the NK?

Scum knowing that they would claim VT to save themselves from the NK because they were actually a PR, would kill them then to remove a town PR.

However! Did they claim VT to pretend to save themselves from the NK, knowing that scum would kill them because scum thought they were actually a PR, but they were actually VT drawing a target on themselves?

ETC

The relevant question is: do you trust me when I say I'm VT?

If you do, why protect me?
If you don't, why protect me? I'd either be lying about being a PR or being scum at all. I mean, I admit there's some usefulness to lie about a town PR, but I'm outright attempting to get a massclaim going, and I'd have been claiming a PR if I had one.

Either way, there are better targets to protect. If scum does end up being confused about all this and NKs me in an attempt to hit a hiding power role, mission accomplished for me.

Leave the WIFOM to scum and protect someone else, it's better odds either way.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

SolusLunes posted:

I'd either be lying about being a PR or being scum at all.

correction: lying about being a PR or being town at all

why is confusing town/scum always the typo I make

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

A Sometimes Food posted:

Also upon reading through, I don't really have reads on anyone either way yet, so keeping my vote where it is for the moment.

This post by A Sometimes Food is pinging me pretty hard. If you’re town Food, I’d like you to try a little harder to have an opinion. There is no lack of content today on which you can base at least some opinion.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

fool_of_sound posted:

I did respond! Nobody has admitted to having creepy teeth yet so I don't have anything to add. I dont like taking total shots in the dark on day 1. Anyway if you did send me a ring or whatever I haven't gotten it yet afaict. It seems wierd you would call a bunch of people out though!

If you’re VT as you claim, why would you care who has creepy teeth? The mod explicitly said that flavor would not reveal alignment.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Missed solus’ vote on infi somehow.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
##vote fool of sound I’ve cooled on solus and agree with Fisk that fool’s response reads as scrambling. There’s no way there’s some kind of n0 bus driver, so I feel pretty confident in saying one of fool or infi is lying, and between the two fool comes off much worse.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I will pardon whoever I drat please solus.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

even if Fool was scum why lie about getting a thing? why not just confirm thing got? I don't see any strategic advantage for lying in that situation.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I think DB is asking a lot of questions that seem reasonable from a town perspective. I've thought some of those things myself. DB is not offering a lot of reads on people? Null?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Toalpaz posted:

I think DB is asking a lot of questions that seem reasonable from a town perspective. I've thought some of those things myself. DB is not offering a lot of reads on people? Null?

You are currently voting db. Who do you believe is scum?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Toalpaz posted:

even if Fool was scum why lie about getting a thing? why not just confirm thing got? I don't see any strategic advantage for lying in that situation.

I couldn’t say, but again, to me fool comes off much worse.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Jon Joe posted:

You are currently voting db. Who do you believe is scum?

Probably Infinitum.

If DB wants me to unvote he's welcome to come back and make a case. Its day one so it's all about participation.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Final post of mine for now and then I’ll shut up for a bit because I want to see other people talk:

Kai, please tell me your deepest feelings (about this game so far)

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Jon Joe posted:

If you’re VT as you claim, why would you care who has creepy teeth? The mod explicitly said that flavor would not reveal alignment.

The flavor thing is also why I think Hal asking about flavor seemed a bit odd to me (phone posting atm, quoting is a chore)

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Toalpaz posted:

Most of my reads are more or less gut feels so I'm not making a case until enough of those gut feels give me something to case on.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Toalpaz posted:

I will pardon whoever I drat please solus.

:shrug: I can't very well stop you, I guess

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Toalpaz posted:

Probably Infinitum.

If DB wants me to unvote he's welcome to come back and make a case. Its day one so it's all about participation.

According to my PM, I am not scum.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Dick Bastardly posted:

Most of my reads are more or less gut feels so I'm not making a case until enough of those gut feels give me something to case on.

Yeah alright that basically checks out.

##vote infin

This is my new mafia strategy called de-escalation.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Jon Joe posted:

just trying to roleplay a bit in line with the character bio i was sent. i dont expect anyone to tell me their teeth are creepy

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

fool_of_sound (2): Jonathan Fisk, Jon Joe
Infinitum (2): merk, merk, SolusLunes, Toalpaz
merk (2): A Sometimes Food, Retro Futurist, Jonathan Fisk, Jonathan Fisk
Toalpaz (2): George Kansas, Infinitum
Lynch No One! (1): fool_of_sound
Amoeba102 (1): merk
Dick Bastardly (0): merk, SolusLunes, merk, Toalpaz, SolusLunes, Toalpaz
SolusLunes (0): Infinitum, Infinitum, Jon Joe, Jon Joe
George Kansas (0): Infinitum, Toalpaz, Infinitum, Toalpaz

Not Voting (5): Amoeba102, Anomalous Amalgam, Dick Bastardly, Hal Incandenza, kaschei

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 02nd, 2019 at 10:10 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 1 day, 9 hours.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Where I'm at rn is that there's probably scum somewhere in the infi/toal/fool group

I'm inclined to think fool might just have new player reax, but I'd be willing to vote again shoud it prove prudent

##unvote

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Where I'm at rn is that there's probably scum somewhere in the infi/toal/fool group

I'm inclined to think fool might just have new player reax, but I'd be willing to vote again shoud it prove prudent

##unvote

Didn’t even realize fool is a new player, though between infi and fool I’m still inclined to believe fool to be the scum.

Unless you can explain to me why you don’t think today comes down to one of infi or fool for sure?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Jon Joe posted:

Unless you can explain to me why you don’t think today comes down to one of infi or fool for sure?

:thunk: this is weird

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Jonathan Fisk posted:

:thunk: this is weird

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
? It seems pretty clear to me that at least one of them is scum because I’m not entertaining night 0 bus drivers, as I explained in my post where I voted fool.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I think the ring is cursed

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

we don't have the scope of the board. Asserting we have to focus on two players rn is sus

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Oh I get it, you take partition to my wording because it sounds like I’m asking you to make argument for me. Unintended. Rather, I am stating that your unvote confuses me in the context that today comes down to infi/fool.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

let's lynch toalpaz and force a self pardon

##vote toalpaz

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Jonathan Fisk posted:

we don't have the scope of the board. Asserting we have to focus on two players rn is sus

I think it’s one of the most solid things we have today, and outright disregarding it is sus.

I mean, I get the meta argument against forced binaries, as they are advantageous to scum if both players are town, but I don’t think this kind of tepid play due to potential consequences is appropriate on day 1 when it is not only our best shot at finding scum, but massive information on top of that.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Jon Joe posted:

? It seems pretty clear to me that at least one of them is scum because I’m not entertaining night 0 bus drivers, as I explained in my post where I voted fool.

Well I’m sure glad the only possible options involve scum lying in a straightforward way. That kind of thinking will surely serve us well in this by-the-numbers contest with no surprises whatsoever.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'm ngl, I havent read a drat thing beyond the jokes. I've got a lot of catching up to do.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Jon Joe posted:

I think it’s one of the most solid things we have today, and outright disregarding it is sus.

Who is disregarding it?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Jon Joe posted:

Explain how I’m doing that

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Comedy option: infi and all the people he claims to have given an item to are scum

merk posted:

Who is disregarding it?

Fisk. The way he voted fool but for some reason it wasn’t because of an infi/fool binary, and purely because of fool’s behavior, which he then chooses to walk back on and then towards the least informational vote possible between the three people he named, after I started pushing for Fisk, is very bad to me. If fool does turn out scum as I suspsect, Fisk would be my #1 choice for his scumbuddy at current info. It’s a clean soft bus attempt in my eyes.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
After I started pushing for fool* drat phone posting

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
So why wouldn't you vote Fisk over fool?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

merk posted:

So why wouldn't you vote Fisk over fool?

Because my suspicion towards Fisk is entirely reliant on fool being scum as I currently suspect - his actions are a null read if fool is town - and furthermore I still believe that today should come down to fool or infi