Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I'll sign up, but I'm going to not post at work that much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Confirmed.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

We're just waiting for the game to start. Fervently refreshing our user control panels, hoping for the this thread - our single bookmarked thread - to have new posts.

But actually, I have to do some serious work before I go out for a picnic. But getting up and doing stuff is hard.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Seems like an easy vote to go after merk by having a mythical ideal merk standard.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Retro Futurist posted:

Merk is a mythical ideal standard though

Nah.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Yeah, that ain't air tight.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I'm talking about air tight reasoning, not air tight cases.

Opop seeing merk doing something in the past and then not doing it now isn't enough. Did merk ALWAYS do it? Did he ever do it as scum? Is there maybe the fact merk might have taken a break from playing mafia that might have changed his playstyle?

Opop trying to make that point is lazy and relying onan old merketa - that wasn't even true - of him being some sort or robot mafia player. Fisk goin g with it is equally lazy but a little bit worse.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

General mafia discord opop was clear about that too.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

merk posted:

This is odd. How are you sure it's not true of my meta? I can't recall doing it (it seems more like a Lumpen thing to do). However, calling it 'lazy' sI think is a stretch. You aren't thinking about the intent behind what Opo is doing and taking into context that we are so early in d1.

Moreover, I'm not even sure whether you're calling Opo or Fisk scum here. You're just kind of half lashing out at them while defending me without actually telling me what you think about alignment.

##vote Amoeba

You are failing to read the implications. When I'm saying lazy, I'm saying he isn't trying to find scum and juat took an easy position to look like he had an opinion / is scumhunting. Saying Fisk is worse, is saying he was scummier.

How is not your meta? You aren't that good. Some sort of mafia messiah. People like to pretend you are, and either hide behind an authority they give you, or point to something that doesn't fit an idea of you being perfect and claim it is a scum tell.
Bringing up needinbg discord is a other tongue in cheek means of going hey merk is scum because he needs to chat oot, and it's really an underhanded way of pointing out suspicion. So that guy that did that after opop is suss too. Opop is as well, i misread him bringing it up at first.

Also i have to phonepost despute being laid up at home because the internet is out. So I'm not going to fix my typoes and I'm not going to post long rambles like this all the time either.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

Fix your E key Amoeba

I'm phoneposting for the meantime. You'll kniw when I'm not when all the e's go.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

merk posted:

Amoeba, why did you spend so much time in a post saying I’m not good at mafia? How is that relevant at all other than to discredit my vote onto you?

It's not that you're not good. It's that you're not as good as people like to pretend.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

merk posted:

Who said anything in this game about me being good? Why is this relevant at all to scum hunting?

You’re just discrediting my vote. That’s scummy.

It's about Opop. See, you can't even read, so why is Opop pretending you are infallible and follow a specific code.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

And Jon, yeah what you're saying makes sense - so if it seems someone is undermining your logic then they are suss.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Yeah, that thing you quoted was prompted by you asking and not something just out of the blue - you missed a few quotes in that exchange.
It's all about Opop trying to make a vote on you based off of "merk wouod not do that or play differently" and "hmm why would merk need discord wink wink nudge nudge".

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Jon Joe posted:

I am half torn between thanking you internally for being a voice to speak out to make sure it isn’t just me, and thinking this was posted by a devil on my shoulder who has a hard on for loving merk (wording intended)

I suppose I’d like to see how others feel about my Fisk argument; whether it makes sense

I don't even care about merk - i only care about Opop and Hal as players in general.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

merk posted:

Yes, I understand what happened. How does this comment from you relate to that (intentionally snipped):

I think it's pretty obvious. People either just defer to you to avoid making content. OR IN THIS CASE they make a merk is too good and perfect to play like this -> must be scum.
You had barely done much this game at the point and Opop made a bad vote off of mythical meta, which you have even argued against.

Are you just peturbed I implied you aren't gods gift to mafia?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

merk posted:

Holy poo poo. What is your beef with me? Maybe you're just a rude dude and not scum after all?

I have beef with you, and I wouldn't be posting about you anymore if you stomped prompting me.
But is fair to say I went to far to say I don't care about others. I do care about Somber and bowmore as well because they also play hearthstone. And that's why I signed up.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Lol, i made a typo. Should be I have no beef with you.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Fisk pings me because they are coattail rider.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Say it over, what about fools poating made you vote them?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

fool_of_sound posted:

sure is weird and amazing that the only person you called out repeatedly would respond quickly to your claim

That's not what he's saying.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

fool_of_sound posted:

there's a pretty clear implication that because I both posted first and am the odd man out that the other two confirming caught me in a lie. in fact i posted first because i was asked to repeatedly, and am the odd man out because i dont think he actually sent me anything

Odd man out is the reason i gather.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Gonna be honest - i haven't been able to catch up for today.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Toalpaz posted:

Amoeba I claimed town doc fyi. just so you know.

Yeah i saw something about that. What was the thing about the item being proved?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

##VOTE JONATHIN FISK

THIS IS ALL I CAN DO ON MY PHONE

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Wel i haven't read wtf has been going on, but from before my suss is on opop and fisk and fisk was worse for coattail riding

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I'm trying to eat and read - but I'm only on a phone so it's a little s l ow to do both

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Just tell me who to vote for w/e I think infi or toal is a bad choice. The inventor or the doc. Seems bad and whoever gpt us down this road is at fault.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Toal, i would but who would get behind that at this point.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

You know, a no execute is fine.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I always felt better to no execute than to mis execute.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

At least we have some good choices.

Kaschei, Toalpaz/Fisk, Fool of Sound.

I'm leaning to trust Fisk because it would be pretty dumb to counter claim out of nowhere as scum unless we're THAT close to losing, but on D2? yeah nah.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Infinitum posted:

Just want to point to these for future reference.

This is not "I don't want to vote for claimed Doc" or "I'm not comfortable with lynching the doc with 5min left on the clock", this is "I'd prefer not to lynch"
It's the phrasing I don't like, and it comes from a non-town perspective.

Not going to make a huge thing of it because ~semantics~, but I'd def put Amoeba in the scumspicious pile.

You forgot this one

Amoeba102 posted:

Just tell me who to vote for w/e I think infi or toal is a bad choice. The inventor or the doc. Seems bad and whoever gpt us down this road is at fault.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Let me just put an aside in here, before Toal gets hammered.

Never forget that Fool has lied about receiving an item.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

##vote Toalpaz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Fisk, you seem to be forgetting Fool lied about receiving an item. I explicitly requested the opposite of that.