Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'll play, but I will roleplay as a person in Napa Valley on vacation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Hello

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Hal, please don’t lurk this game.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I am on a plane for the next few hours. What is going on

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
We can start the game ourselves!

##vote Amoeba

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
You have killed the champion.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

SolusLunes posted:

I have broken this game's setup

Tell us the identities of your scum team.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
If I Did It

by Toal

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote infintum
##vote DB

Two fake overreactions to a joke.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Can someone invite me to the general mafia discord? I forgot that I left it. I'm merk#5905.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Retro Futurist posted:

##vote merk
merk would never ever let a scum claim go unvoted, let alone vote people for doing what her literally always does

That’s not a scum claim.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Retro Futurist posted:

It is, just a joking one, which I've seen you immediately and doggedly vote for time and again

I can't remember a single game where I took a joke comment like that as a scum tell, let alone doing it time and time again.

THAT SAID, if you're just trying to kickstart the game, it's not a bad early d1 prod.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Retro Futurist posted:

It could be role related or he could just legitimately want to join the main discord, so it wasn't enough for me to vote earlier, but coupled with this it is

It's unrelated to the game. I left the general mafia discord after getting overmad at Fisk's game two games ago.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Amoeba102 posted:

I'm talking about air tight reasoning, not air tight cases.

Opop seeing merk doing something in the past and then not doing it now isn't enough. Did merk ALWAYS do it? Did he ever do it as scum? Is there maybe the fact merk might have taken a break from playing mafia that might have changed his playstyle?

Opop trying to make that point is lazy and relying onan old merketa - that wasn't even true - of him being some sort or robot mafia player. Fisk goin g with it is equally lazy but a little bit worse.

This is odd. How are you sure it's not true of my meta? I can't recall doing it (it seems more like a Lumpen thing to do). However, calling it 'lazy' sI think is a stretch. You aren't thinking about the intent behind what Opo is doing and taking into context that we are so early in d1.

Moreover, I'm not even sure whether you're calling Opo or Fisk scum here. You're just kind of half lashing out at them while defending me without actually telling me what you think about alignment.

##vote Amoeba

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Jon Joe posted:

What made the game so maddening?

Go read the Discussion Thread if you truly care. It is of no consequence to this game and will deter from good discussion if brought up again.

What do you think of my Amoeba vote?

What do you think of Opo's vote on me?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok! Who do you think is scum and why?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Jon Joe posted:

##vote SolusLunes this is not a jokephase vote. He’s just jumping on what merk said and Hal agreed with.

Is this it?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Also, thank you for calling my writing articulate. I joined mafia originally to become a better, more persuasive writer (computer engineer turned lawyer).

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

George Kansas posted:

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

##vote toalpaz

I'm pretty sure this is a joke from GK in response to a joke. GK's next post is also a joke.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Toal, if you think Fisk is the scummiest person in the interactions relating to your post, why aren't you voting Fisk?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Amoeba, why did you spend so much time in a post saying I’m not good at mafia? How is that relevant at all other than to discredit my vote onto you?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Retro Futurist posted:

:psyduck: What are you people doing

My knee-jerk reaction is that it's a scum inventor going for town cred.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Jonathan Fisk posted:

:thunk: this is weird

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Jon Joe posted:

I think it’s one of the most solid things we have today, and outright disregarding it is sus.

Who is disregarding it?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
So why wouldn't you vote Fisk over fool?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
No. But I can’t decide his alignment from it either.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Amoeba102 posted:

It's not that you're not good. It's that you're not as good as people like to pretend.

Who said anything in this game about me being good? Why is this relevant at all to scum hunting?

You’re just discrediting my vote. That’s scummy.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Opo didn't even say I was good. He was pointing out what he thinks of my meta.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Retro Futurist posted:

##vote merk
merk would never ever let a scum claim go unvoted, let alone vote people for doing what her literally always does

Retro Futurist posted:

Merk is a mythical ideal standard though

Amoeba102 posted:

How is not your meta? You aren't that good. Some sort of mafia messiah. People like to pretend you are, and either hide behind an authority they give you, or point to something that doesn't fit an idea of you being perfect and claim it is a scum tell.
Bringing up needinbg discord is a other tongue in cheek means of going hey merk is scum because he needs to chat oot, and it's really an underhanded way of pointing out suspicion. So that guy that did that after opop is suss too. Opop is as well, i misread him bringing it up at first.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Amoeba102 posted:

Yeah, that thing you quoted was prompted by you asking and not something just out of the blue - you missed a few quotes in that exchange.
It's all about Opop trying to make a vote on you based off of "merk wouod not do that or play differently" and "hmm why would merk need discord wink wink nudge nudge".

Yes, I understand what happened. How does this comment from you relate to that (intentionally snipped):

Amoeba102 posted:

You aren't that good. Some sort of mafia messiah. People like to pretend you are, and either hide behind an authority they give you

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Amoeba, are you seeing what I'm saying here? I'm saying that you didn't start attacking me as being 'not that good' until I decided to vote you. I'm saying that is you discrediting my vote rather than commenting on what Opo did.

Should I get out a whiteboard and map this out?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Amoeba102 posted:

I don't even care about merk - i only care about Opop and Hal as players in general.

Holy poo poo. What is your beef with me? Maybe you're just a rude dude and not scum after all?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Votecount for Day 1

fool_of_sound (2): Jonathan Fisk, Jon Joe, Jonathan Fisk, Infinitum, Infinitum, Infinitum
Amoeba102 (2): merk, George Kansas
Infinitum (2): merk, merk, SolusLunes, Toalpaz
merk (2): A Sometimes Food, Retro Futurist, Jonathan Fisk, Jonathan Fisk
Lynch No One! (1): fool_of_sound
Toalpaz (1): George Kansas, Infinitum, Jonathan Fisk, George Kansas, Infinitum
Dick Bastardly (0): merk, SolusLunes, merk, Toalpaz, SolusLunes, Toalpaz
SolusLunes (0): Infinitum, Infinitum, Jon Joe, Jon Joe
George Kansas (0): Infinitum, Toalpaz, Infinitum, Toalpaz

Not Voting (5): Amoeba102, Anomalous Amalgam, Dick Bastardly, Hal Incandenza, kaschei

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 02nd, 2019 at 10:10 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 14 hours, 1 minute.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
To those voting fool:

fool_of_sound posted:

i dont actually suspect anyone at this point except maybe infinitum :shrug:

Is this something a scum player posts when all of the momentum in the game seems to be towards his lynch? I feel like scum would invent a case here to try to swing momentum elsewhere.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Dick Bastardly posted:

the implication that you might otherwise be "off the air" in a non-"legit" way is concerning me

lol come on

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

fool_of_sound posted:

So yeah I think infinitum is at minimum lying about one or more of 1) not knowing what the items do, 2) not knowing which item went to who, 3) being asked to distribute the items on night 0, and/or 4) having no further interaction with the items once distributed.

Yes. This is where I'm at too, and I think it is likely item 1). I will even ##vote Infi

On a fresh mind this morning, I'm not sure of the case on Amoeba and may not even go back to him today. I think he may just actually dislike me and his posts read that way, even the one defending me.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Hal Incandenza posted:

Maybe you said this somewhere then but I guess are you thinking infi had this whole plan to set up fool or how do you account for the missing item?

That's a good point. My position is that his intent behind it is to gain town credibility. However, that gets thrown out the window if he's setting up fool for a d1 lynch and fool flips town. If fool flips scum and Infi is scum, that seems like a pretty bad strategy to bus a scum buddy.

##unvote - let me think more.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Jon Joe posted:

##vote fool of sound I’ve cooled on solus and agree with Fisk that fool’s response reads as scrambling. There’s no way there’s some kind of n0 bus driver, so I feel pretty confident in saying one of fool or infi is lying, and between the two fool comes off much worse.

##vote Jon Joe

1. Forced dichotomy of who to lynch.
2. Your vote piggybacks onto Fisk to lessen your culpability if fool flips town.
3. The real crux of your vote is setup speculation which lessens your culpability if fool flips town (eh, I guess maybe there IS a busdriver!) or implicates Infi instead of you (now Infi must be lying!!).
4. It looks like you purposely got into a slapfight which didn't advance scum hunting.
5. The rest of your content is 'meh'.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'm 'neutral' on Fisk, which is a step up from my initial position of 'leaning scum' on every player when the game starts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

I analyzed that post in particular because it's your current vote. I also looked at your slapfight. I also looked at the rest of your content.