Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/oTMb9bo.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Fillin up fast
https://i.imgur.com/l8PedOP.mp4

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Still in, just at a wedding for the weekend so limited to poo poo posting and hot takes

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I bring you love

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Also confirming I am a hungover piece of poo poo right now

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:boonie:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Seeing how this is a haunted hotel, we should play some spooky music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrtl41oZxOA

##vote SolusLunes

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

##vote George Kansas

suggesting Tim Curry is inferior

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Toalpaz posted:

So like if I were to scum claim with a name would you all go easy on me and kill my team mate first? Theoretically?

:munch:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Like I'm down to clown for joke phase for a bit to let everyone check in, but there's no way "what if I was scum" is an innocent statement to be making just as the game opens.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

merk posted:

##vote infintum
##vote DB

Two fake overreactions to a joke.

How was simply stating "this is weird, even for a joke phase post" an overreaction?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

Why couldn’t you back up your suspicions with a vote like our good pal George Kansas

Cause I'm waiting to see what Toalpaz says

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Those air tight D1 cases

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Toalpaz posted:

I've really had my confidence shaken recently.

"And because I'm lacking confidence, I've decided to go with a power move by 'scum claiming' in my 2nd post of the game."

##vote Toalpaz

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Would like to hear some more from people with less than 10 posts, but specifically would like to hear from fool_of_sound

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Thread is dull. Rather than wait for people to respond, I'm going to reveal some info.

I'm an Inventor. I had to choose 3 people to randomly distribute items to during N0.

The items I had were:
- The Ring
- The Brooch
- The Pendant

I distributed them to:
- fool of sound
- toalpaz
- kaschei

I don't know who got what.
I don't know what the items do.
I can't invent anything else.

The reason I am revealing this info now is that
A.) The distribution was really a shot in the dark
B.) I currently believe that Toalpaz is heavily leaning scum
C.) If I reveal this info now on D1, noone gets to lie about anything incase I've handed an invention over to scum

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Would love to know who got what, and I suppose it's up to those posters to reveal what they do or not.

This is why I wanted to hear from fool_of_sound.
I'd hate to see people being replaced :argh:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dick Bastardly posted:

Maybe I'm insane, but I thought infi claimed to have chosen the players that would receive an item?

I was asked to distribute the items N0.

So as to not be modkilled for quoting directly from my role PM, the phrasing is similar to "Please distribute these 3 items to players of your choosing. They will be randomly distributed amongst them"

fool_of_sound coming out and going "I didn't receive anything", then the other 2 confirming they did is suss as fuuuuuuuuuuuuck. The chances of someone interfering with a N0 gifting action has gotta be super low.
I'm betting it's a boon to the scum team, and he's faking he didn't receive it.

##vote fool_of_sound

I've got some yard work to do for a few hours, then will be back to have a proper reread and catch up.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

fool_of_sound posted:

sure is weird and amazing that the only person you called out repeatedly would respond quickly to your claim

I never did this, and you're manipulating what I said.
1.) "I would like to hear from fool_of_sound"
2.) "This is why I wanted to hear from fool_of_sound" (After I revealed that I had given out items)

Asking quotes/requesting players participate =/= calling someone out

Saying "Stop manipulating what I'm saying in an attempt to gaslight the information I've presented" is me calling you out.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Legit off the air for a few hours now

Jon Joe posted:

Infi I would like to hear the thought process that went through your head when you picked those three people specifically, thanks

5th, 10th, and 15th players in the list. Even distribution because I had 0 info to go off of.

I moved from Jonathan Fisk at 10, to kaschei at 11 as I was worried about Fisk not participating. (As from memory I had played in games with him where he had bounced early [Sorry Fisk])

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Gonna make a big post and tl;dr it at the end. Heading to bed soon.

A Sometimes Food posted:

Why do you believe Toal is scum Infi? Their jokephase scumclaim? Or getting defensive afterwards? Like I feel that's just Toal and not really a helpful read either way yet.

I believe anyone that comes out in their SECOND POST saying "if I were scum and threw one of my team mates under the bus" followed by "I'm lacking confidence in my game play" is not to be trusted.

Like I really, really, really do not like it.
He is firmly in my 'heavily scum leaning' pile

Retro Futurist posted:

:psyduck: What are you people doing

Was very little movement in the game, and now we have some actual info on the field D1 that can be actioned if necessary. This information was better revealed earlier rather than later, as it's too towns benefit to know that there's a handful of useful items on the field, and I've been reading a few games recently that are DOA from D2 onwards so would rather promote conversation.

Jonathan Fisk posted:

The claim’s fine. This reads like scrambling in response

I agree with this.

Jon Joe posted:

If you’re VT as you claim, why would you care who has creepy teeth? The mod explicitly said that flavor would not reveal alignment.

Also agree with JJ that mentioning the teeth in the same sentence as claiming VT is an odd combination.

Toalpaz posted:

Yeah alright that basically checks out.

##vote infin

This is my new mafia strategy called de-escalation.

I'm not grokking your logic on why you'd even vote me at this point, and I'd enjoy an explanation other than "I think inf is scum"
Like even from a WIFOM perspective, it'd be nice to have some semblance of a case to which I could respond.

Jon Joe posted:

? It seems pretty clear to me that at least one of them is scum because I’m not entertaining night 0 bus drivers, as I explained in my post where I voted fool.

May I ask for your reasoning on this? Like if you don't think that I was redirected how am I under suspicion, in your mind? And why should the options be limited to only the two of us?

Jon Joe posted:

Comedy option: infi and all the people he claims to have given an item to are scum

I'll legit laugh my head off if this happens.

George Kansas posted:

this is a scum post ##vote amoeba

Don't like this post, because it continues a meta discussion without providing any reasoning for the vote.
One line posts are hot garbage, and allow scum to coast through the game.

Explain your reasoning please.

kaschei posted:

Jon Joe keeps talking up "if fool is scum, so is Fisk"

But the dangerous part of their idea is that "if fool is town, infinitum is scum." That's where the "most obvious interpretation" takes us tomorrow.

Calling JJ / fisk scumteam rn quote me if I'm right

Leaving out the 'quote me if right', I agree that it is dangerous to have an 'If X, then Y' scenario about alignments and narrowing the discussion to 'only' 2 players only benefits scum.

Oh come on dude, this strikes me as a fake kneejerk reaction. If you have a BETTER way to distribute items on N0 with ZERO information, then please illuminate the rest of us.
3 items. Split the player list in 3. Done.

Jonathan Fisk posted:

A lynch on toalpaz checks the validity of the item claim, truth checks toalpaz, and takes out the pardon item if it exists

It also adds some clarity to the consternation

May I ask why you prefer toalpaz over fool in a 'validity checking' scenario? Why not kaschei?

From my perspective fool is lying about not receiving the item, whereas toalpaz and kaschei confirmed they had received the items I sent them
I'm partial to toalpaz for other reasons, but would prefer not to put words into your mouth.

-------------------------
General musings from catchup

Reading the merk/fisk/amoeba interactions about meta play. Don't really have a comment on it.

I'm currently leaning firm town on fisk atm. I like their play and reasoning.
I'm currently neutral leaning scum on Jon Joe.
Read 'currently'

No other readings on anyone else atm

-----------------------------------------------

Here's the tl;dr on fool_of_sound

fool_of_sound posted:

Anyway if you did send me a ring or whatever I haven't gotten it yet afaict. It seems wierd you would call a bunch of people out though!

fool_of_sound posted:

Also assuming I get a piece of magic jewelery item I dunno I'll try to do something useful with it but I'm not a mafia expert and am vanilla town anyway.

fool_of_sound posted:

i cant help i just freak out a little when i wake up to someone specifically calling me out twice for not posting enough and pushing a claim on me!

These series of posts from fool_of_sound, edited for brevity, doesn't strike me as town play so much as scrambling and blustering to answer questions.
- As mentioned earlier, I never called him out, and was asking for participation (Yes I realise timezones exist)
- I didn't push a claim on anyone, I provided information that could be obfuscated in later game days
- fos openly claims vanilla immediately with no prodding.

fool_of_sound posted:

if you got yours mine is probs some hidden or passive effect or something.

This is the stand out post for me.

I clarified with Somberbrero what information was provided to the recipients once I handed the items out, as I was curious if I was named in the communication.
Again not quoting mod communication, but they were provided a short bit of flavour text of them coming across the item in their bag/pocket/etc, a description of the item, the fact they had received and item, and an explanation of the items power.

I also confirmed that everyone had received a PM about it.
Even IF the item is a passive only effect, he would have definitely received a PM either way.

To me only a handful of scenarios exist
A.) fos has received the item, and is lying about it.
B.) My N0 action was redirected/blocked

Occam's razor being what it is, I put it to you that the simplest explanation is:
- The chances of a N0 action being tampered with are extremely low.
- fool_of_sound is lying about not receiving it
- the ability is obviously of some benefit to the scum team
- his post was followed by toalpaz + kaschei confirming they received their items shows, verifies that I handed items out

Would also like to state for the record that I did not realise it was fool_of_sound's first game, and I have a policy of not getting newbies lynched first day unless they are being blatantly scummy.
Legit straight up not trying to tunnel you here mate, as I try to avoid doing that these days, but there's information on the board that does not add up and I believe you're lying.

##vote fool_of_sound
(I know I'm already voting him, this is just to reemphasise the point)

Like..I'm gonna give you an out here, cause I feel legit bad about this.. fool_of_sound you've potentially made a rookie mistake of denying something that you should have verified, and are now in a situation where if you told the truth you'd look like you were hiding something.
If you really did receive the Ring, you'd be better off coming clean about it at this point as it clears the air and opens the discussion to other possibilities.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

tl;dr
- Don't like Toal's post 'claiming' scum, then claiming a lack of confidence
- fool_of_sound is likely lying about not receiving his item.
- Other ramblings/reads can be found above.

zzz time for me. Should be around for deadline, but I'll be at work.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Poop posting at work for a minute, so can't make any big posts (Only big poops)

What the gently caress is 'fake vig'. I want more explanation to that please Jon Joe.

Like that's essentially a vanilla role, and I don't buy that for a loving second. There's def more to that role.

##vote Jon Joe

Fisk I did like you for town previously, but you need to stop tunneling toalpaz and make some commentary on other players.

Would also potentially be down for a merk vote as well, as they're posting style on catchup is pinging me

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jon Joe posted:

It’s. Fake. It’s a vig where it’s garaunteed to fail. And I look like I have a kill to anyone that investigates for kill having.

Only part I didn’t mention because it wasn’t relevant was I could have chosen to use at night instead, except to even less effect because nobody would see it unless we have a watcher/tracker type role.

"It investigates like I have a kill"
"Oh yeah it's a Miller role like Merk said."

You have over 100 games under your belt in votefinder.
You know the way SA plays Miller's is to claim them immediately; you should be policy voted just for not doing so
http://mafiawiki.notesmash.org/wiki/Miller

This is a whole bunch of horseshit you're shoveling right now and is suss as gently caress.

George Kansas posted:

is this just a tone thing or do you have a particular reason for thinking he's scum? i've agreed with a lot of merk's reasoning, and even if he's scum he's a high content poster and worth keeping around

General tone. As I said he's pinging me atm and I don't have anything substantial past that.

"Even if he's scum he's worth keeping around"? Maaaaaate wtf is that nonsense

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

That's my morning tea break done. I will try to be around for deadline, but work is busy today.

Comfortable with vote on JJ
Also cool with a Toalpaz or fool vote

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Like even if we believe you have a role that does nothing, you have enough experience to know it would look bad on paper to not claim it immediately.

"yeah I can fake kill at night. It just won't do anything"
My guess is it's a delayed/poisoner/arsonist type role

You are not playing from a town mindset JJ and should be the vote today

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I like Toal for reasons other than 'test the claim', and people pushing that angle are suspicious as he's already said he cannot self pardon

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

An hour to deadline

##vote Toalpaz

His "what if I were scum" initial post never sat right with me

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jon Joe posted:

##vote infi but please still consider db

May I ask why me over Toalpaz?

Hal Incandenza posted:

How does that resolve anything? You already admitted he hands stuff out

It doesn't. (It's also because he's scum)

It's because the way you resolve the missing invention is to lynch fool, who is probably lying about not receiving it.

We've had 2 independent people verify items have been handed out, so why the gently caress would I lie about the 3rd? Just to get someone lynched? Like it's such a lovely dumb 'gambit' in the long run as I'd be immediately up on the chopping block afterwards. Why would I stick my neck out like that D1?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Toalpaz posted:

If we don't kill Infinitum today I'd be most comfortable killing Fool.

Of the two of you I'm voting you for your "what if scum" post, and I'd vote fool for lying about receiving the item.

My preference is in fool, but you were closer to getting voted and Never Not Lynch

I don't believe there was any redirect nonsense happening N0

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Lunch break ends in a bit, so I'll only be able to check in a few minutes before hand if needed for numbers

Everyone stop playing with your dicks, put your money where your mouth is and vote someone instead of hemming and hawing on the sidelines.

Less than an hour to go

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Toalpaz posted:

One more? one more until the tell all Toalpaz story?

Don't gently caress with the limited amount of time we have left. If you're going to claim, claim now

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Annnnd of course it's a Doctor claim D1

I'm back in the office now. I'll sneak a vote in a few minutes before deadline if we need numbers, otherwise I'm off the air

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Amoeba102 posted:

You know, a no execute is fine.

Shout out to team player Amoeba

Get out

##vote Amoeba102

No lynch only serves to help scum

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Happy to vote Kaschei off the back of a cop result, would like to see everyone check in before lynch

Fisk I get it, I agree with you, stop tunneling

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Also AA by your logic I outted 2 scum buds (Toal and Kaschei) and myself D1 for what benefit? Putting the entire scum team in the spotlight on D1.

I genuinely avoid running gambits these days, because 9/10 they backfire tremendously.

I had info to drop because I wasn't comfortable with Toal having an unknown potentially dangerous item when I'm thinking he's scum

Jonathan Fisk posted:

If people acknowledge that I am counterclaiming toalpaz and that I am claiming toalpaz is caught in a direct confirmable lie wrt self targeting, and not just a possible second doctor, I won’t say another word about it.

Link to the relevant points, or make a quick point by point list of your argument, and gladly

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

If anyone tracked Toalpaz going anywhere last night that'd dunk us 2 scum

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm saying you're scum and someone counter claiming your 'self doc' would clear up D1.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Are you claiming ITT that you talked to Somber last night and was told that Docs cannot self target?

You are straight up claiming Toal is lying due to OOT mod communicado?

Like... I'm hesitant to believe you in this situation because you are asking for information about another players role

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Lol I'm a dumb gently caress phone posting.

You've counter claimed Doc

Righto :v: