Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hostile apostle
Aug 29, 2006
:stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia:
Stadia didn't outlive SA but it did outlive Lowtax - Happy Birthday Stadia! #ad

biznatchio posted:

I wonder how bad it must feel to not only completely fail to positively shill for Stadia, but to fail so badly that Something Awful would rather just not have any Stadia discussion at all rather than keep putting up with your bullshit.

Folks IIT made their decision about Stadia before trying the product, or evaluating it objectively.

There's on top of ESO in June, there another 5 games coming to Pro. Compare what Pro offers as compared to what Humble Choice offers for $20/month, and then consider you don't even need the gaming PC to play any of these games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
You know, I could argue with a brick wall, or I could go launch myself over a cliff.

hostile apostle
Aug 29, 2006
If the point of the thread is to sling your latest hot take, rather than actually discuss whats going on the platform or talk about your actual experience - then I'm all for gassing it.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

hostile apostle posted:

Folks IIT made their decision about Stadia before trying the product, or evaluating it objectively.

There's on top of ESO in June, there another 5 games coming to Pro. Compare what Pro offers as compared to what Humble Choice offers for $20/month, and then consider you don't even need the gaming PC to play any of these games.

tell us more about objectivity

cams
Mar 28, 2003

also stop posting ads you piece of poo poo

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

hostile apostle posted:

If the point of the thread is to sling your latest hot take, rather than actually discuss whats going on the platform or talk about your actual experience - then I'm all for gassing it.

I mean, that sorta thing is dieing down, because it’s also getting tired. That’s why the thread is closing, beating a dead horse, and not much in the way of new material.

Oh and also because you are using it as your own personal loving ad platform

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

hostile apostle posted:

this month humble has xcom 2 which is better than all of that

last month was this

its not even comparable, its nowhere near the same quality as what humble offers and you actually own the games from humble forever.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

just embarrassing

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Stux posted:

just embarrassing

Don't sign HA's posts

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

hostile apostle posted:

Thanks for showing us five games that a Switch runs which means it still is ahead of Stadia in terms of convenience and portability.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

hostile apostle posted:

now you're just trolling

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

A PC has access to every pc gaming deal and freebie so I’m not sure why you’re singling out Humble choice which gives you more games anyway.

They also just sent me an email offering me $9/month for six months on Humble Choice Premium (which I can cancel prematurely) and I imagine others have gotten the same offer.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

hostile apostle posted:

I've been one of your biggest supporters in this thread but those games are bad dude. You probably shouldn't dare people to compare them to games offered on other subscription services.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Hey wanna talk about Playstation Plus getting Star Wars Battlefront 2 and Call of Duty WW2 for free in June?

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

hostile apostle posted:

hostile apostle posted:

Count me as the idiot who spend $129 on a $70 chromecast ultra and a $70 controller to play RDR2 (which I have not played yet) in actual 4K 60fps and not some upscaled fake 4k on a $350 PS4 Pro which I don't have.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

hostile apostle posted:

I tried the product, it works okay. I didn't buy any games because I already own everything I want to play and the rest is garbage.

The streaming works fine, on par with Geforce Now or xCloud beta. The only thing left to compete with is game library, and holy poo poo dude.

Holy loving poo poo, dude. Dude. You can't possibly compare Stadia's library with either of those services, let alone GoG or Humble or literally anything else. It's bad and you know it, stop pretending please.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

hostile apostle posted:

:prepop:

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

hostile apostle posted:

okay then, give us a detailed view behind the scenes of what's actually going on with the platform

you're the only person ITT who has any idea, but all you've posted in weeks is PR tweets. Please enlighten us!

e: vvvv agreed, there's so much untapped schadenfreude here it's seepin out of the ground. black gold i tells ya

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

if stadia's gonna keep pushing titles like these as big gaming victories this thread should stay open imo

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the bonkers games that Epic has been giving away for absolutely free the last couple of weeks. I haven't even given Epic my credit card information and I've got a copy of GTA V and Civilization VI, a game that normally sells for $60, for absolutely nothing. The promise of having these games tied to an account for me to use later alone got me to register an account. Imagine if I could also use streaming to play them on my potato of a computer.

If Google truly cared about promoting Stadia, they'd be aping this model like it's going out of style. But nope, you get a two month free trial of Pro and Destiny 2. Cool cool cool.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

limaCAT posted:

I am as excited for the PlayStation 5 as I am for a box of moist turds (self.Stadia)

As far as I'm concerned, the XBOX Series X is an epic failure. 2 years ago, my sentiment would likely differ. However, today, I feel its a letdown.

Given the current landscape, there's no point releasing a next-generation console if it isn't accompanied by a paradigm shift. There's nothing wrong with spec bumps. They're just not worth my enthusiasm. I don't believe they should be worth...

The Sickening and Heartbreaking Truths of the Fourth Stimpire posted:

In the last 500 years, the Fourth Stimpire has dominated four systems, which it has united into one starzone, Stimsis. The Fourth Stimpire has origins from the Ten Empire War in which 10 of the United Stimpires revolted against each rules. All empires except for the fourth swore freedom upon their citizens. There is no free speech in the Fourth Stimpire, and all self-controlled transportation has been made illegal without undergoing painful medical verification methods, in which arteries are severed without pain resistant, operated entirely by machines. The way they work claim to be the most hygenic and healthy way possible, but these machines often rub against pain points, causing great deals of pain to patients. The heart is then extracted from the body and placed into a glass grinding machine. Various energy centers are also dissected and replaced with dangerous transplants. After the painful, 52 hour surgical procedure, patients will then have to use a fused guidance tool, which pumps painful resistors into...

I guess we found the stadia equivalent

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Tempura Wizard posted:

If Google truly cared about promoting Stadia, they'd be aping this model like it's going out of style. But nope, you get a two month free trial of Pro and Destiny 2. Cool cool cool.

Starting in June it's just a one month trial lol

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

hostile apostle posted:

Our "hot takes" are based in things like "physics" and observing the performance of comparable services. Our actual experience is in networking and fibre-optic technology. The people telling you Stadia doesn't work right for most people are doing so because they know how Stadia fundamentally operates down to the hardware it runs on.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

American McGay posted:

I've been one of your biggest supporters in this thread but those games are bad dude. You probably shouldn't dare people to compare them to games offered on other subscription services.

hey now, power rangers battle for the grid is a pretty good, very inexpensive fighting game.

i will concede that being a fighting game on stadia does make that version inherently awful, though.

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

hostile apostle posted:

"People decided before they tried it" is not the defense you think it is. Some things don't need to be tried in order to see that it would be a bad product for your uses; nobody has time to try everything, so being able to filter out purchases that are obviously no good for you before wasting time on a test drive is just good decision-making. I don't need to actually experience having a game session dumped after pausing for 15 minutes in order to know that's a dealbreaker for me.

If you can't even get people to try a product for free before deciding that it's no good for them, that usually says a whole lot more about your product and how it addresses consumers' demand than it does about consumers' judgment.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

hostile apostle posted:

Folks IIT made their decision about the stadia before trying the product, or evaluating it objectively.
hey posty what's not objective about my having better hardware under my desk and in my livingroom than you have in the data center

what IS objective about the stadia being unable succeed on merits and instead needing some of the most abrasive astroturf in the history of marketing

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

hostile apostle posted:

Is this person actually an employee of google?

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

hostile apostle posted:

Yes, I still will because in the long term, it will in the end provide a better experience than a physical console or PC in many ways (just watch the GDC presentation). There is also no reason they can't coexist. Stadia broadens the market.

ahhahaha ok there is a 98% chance this poster is a google employee

This is the kind of broken brained human that sticks around at a company post Andy Rubin and keeps cheerleading them. Just completely off the rails.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

hostile apostle posted:

You’re not discussing poo poo. You skip pages of discussion, questions, and criticism and then post an ad as soon as it’ll be the first post of a new page

This is after spending actual months dodging the question of whether or not you work for Google. gently caress you

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

hostile apostle posted:

lmao imagine still trying to punch above your own weight like this after embarrassing yourself repeatedly for months

Mumbling posted:

A PC has access to every pc gaming deal and freebie so Im not sure why youre singling out Humble choice which gives you more games anyway.

They also just sent me an email offering me $9/month for six months on Humble Choice Premium (which I can cancel prematurely) and I imagine others have gotten the same offer.

not only that, but if you grandfathered over from Humble Monthly you get to choose 10 games for $12 / month as long as you keep your subscription active

raditts fucked around with this message at 19:01 on May 28, 2020

hostile apostle
Aug 29, 2006

Tempura Wizard posted:

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the bonkers games that Epic has been giving away for absolutely free the last couple of weeks. I haven't even given Epic my credit card information and I've got a copy of GTA V and Civilization VI, a game that normally sells for $60, for absolutely nothing. The promise of having these games tied to an account for me to use later alone got me to register an account. Imagine if I could also use streaming to play them on my potato of a computer.

Civ6 is $8.69
https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/sid-meiers-civilization-vi-6-pc-steam

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Please probe HA for the crime of trolling this poor beleaguered thread in its sunset years

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

This product can only be activated in the following regions: Europe (inc UK), Middle East, Africa

This product cannot be activated in United States.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

how much is it on stadia

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Stadia Pro is $10 a month, so that's actually cheaper to buy outright.

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

lmfao cdkeys is an unauthorized reseller of game keys

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Ineffiable posted:

This product can only be activated in the following regions: Europe (inc UK), Middle East, Africa

This product cannot be activated in United States.

which, ironically, includes a number of places where stadia isn't available

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years

cams posted:

i will concede that being a fighting game on stadia does make that version inherently awful, though.

This has been driving me a bit crazy. Why are there multiple fighting games on the Stadia? This is a genre where having an advantage is gauged in the form of being +3 frames on your opponent. Among any fighting game circles I’ve seen, the mantra is “friends don’t let friends play fighting games over wifi”. If you don’t have a good and proper wired internet connection, you’re going to have a bad time playing them online.

Even if Stadia worked perfectly, It would still be adding more delay into the equation. Stadia is useless for fighting games beyond playing through the single player story mode poo poo. So why the hell did the new Samurai Shodown game launch as some sort of pseudo Stadia exclusive? It’s like SNK wanted their game to fail on pc.

I was going to make a comment about how the people working on Stadia have no idea what kind of games are even a good fit for their service, but then I thought about that a bit, and actually neither do I.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Ivypls posted:

But don’t you see, this unauthorized 3rd party key site can offer Civ6 at below $10, so Epics deal is really not that good a value proposition.
And this somehow makes Stadia a good value proposition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Ivypls posted: