Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
If Google Stadia goes down but no one is playing Google Stadia, does it make a sound?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

American McGay posted:

If Google Stadia goes down but no one is playing Google Stadia, does it make a sound?

yeah it's a terrible screetch / clipping noise that hte controller makes because audio from the controller sucks

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

You missed the Stadians who claimed it going down was good.
Because if their PC blew up instead, it would have taken longer than 20mins to fix.

And then the Stadian who said he liked stadia a lot, but that a good future feature would be an "offline mode".

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I wonder how many stadia users are also in abusive relations. Well she's slow, and yells at me, and takes all my money, keeps saying she'll do stuff but doesn't. Only works half assedly, will only let me hangout with 1 of my friends she's compatible with and is slow to stay up to date with current affairs.

I have offline stadia.. it's a new service it's called Steam

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Aug 7, 2020

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Heran Bago posted:

[current year] or [current year +1] is going to be the year of Linux on desktop!

i genuinely tried to do linux gaming twice before windows 7 died to avoid win 10 but its not there still

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

was that before or after they stopped using Wolfson DACs?

lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

tater_salad posted:

I wonder how many stadia users are also in abusive relations. Well she's slow, and yells at me, and takes all my money, keeps saying she'll do stuff but doesn't. Only works half assedly, will only let me hangout with 1 of my friends she's compatible with and is slow to stay up to date with current affairs.

its time to close the thread

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Holy poo poo if hostile apostle was the only thing keeping this thread from just becoming the ten millionth insufferable debate about iPhone vs Android then I highly suggest we unthreadban them immediately

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Pirate Jet posted:

Holy poo poo if hostile apostle was the only thing keeping this thread from just becoming the ten millionth insufferable debate about iPhone vs Android then I highly suggest we unthreadban them immediately

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Google bad Apple bad all corporations bad smash them all

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Pirate Jet posted:

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

I can't believe im saying this but yeah, i miss hosty. If only because no matter what everyone could agree they were a dingus.

I still think my favorite thing about him is the inability to admit there's no good answer to questions asked of him, instead just providing stupid answer after stupid answer, with the occasional complete fabrication.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

It was funny for him to post something stupid no one cares about and dodge questions and then people roasted him

Sayara
May 10, 2009

tater_salad posted:

Women can't be abusive, so take that she to he. :eng101:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

close the thread

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Don't close this thread until you update the button in games to say "GaaS Thread"

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

No I'm not seeing anyone else all other women are Dead to me now. No other friends that are women just you look I cut everyone else out.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Sayara posted:

Women can't be abusive, so take that she to he. :eng101:
A CHALLENGER APPEARS

Weedle
May 31, 2006

tater_salad posted:

No I'm not seeing anyone else all other women are Dead to me now. No other friends that are women just you look I cut everyone else out.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Doing the GOTY thread and visited this thread to find out what month Stadia went free and found myself laughing at some of the thread titles of the past which I am posting here for posterity:

Stadia by Google, party like it's May 21, 2013
Stadia by Google: The cancellation feature will be available in 2-3 weeks.
Stad.o.a. by Google: Apostles of Gaming Congregate Here
Stadian't: Recommended by Forbes.com!! I am not good with computer
Google Stadian't: They're at the mercy of 2k. Crazy that no PS4 has ever failed
STADIA! I barely have time to game, so I immediately bought 6 games all at once
STADIA! it should of waiting until the infrastructure was ready. It's utter balony.
STADIA! If I can't play my AAA game on your gaming platform on a toilet seat, its doa
STADIA! it kinda is starting to look like the big guys are getting a little worried.
STADIA! I'm never able to find anyone online to play is this a glitch?
Google's stadia is superior, its victory assured wether you or I do anything or not
STADIA: Bottom line is this guys, $9.99 is literally 33 cents a day, just keep it
STADIA: CLOUD GAMING? MOER LIKE CLOWN GAMING LMAO
StaNDA: Hey, we don't have the games, the marketshare, a roadmap but we do have
STADIA: Steamworld Dig 2 on PC: $10 and 220MB, on Stadia: $10 and 220GB
Stadia: The only device that cannot run Doom
Stadia: 9 cents savings!
Stadia: I mean come on now it was put out by the best tech giant of the world, Google
Stadia: No games sadly, but we do have the Arnold Rimmer of Google
Stadia: Can't wait for all those awesome Stadia MMOs with tens of players at once
Stadia: I just had a "My Expensive Gaming PC is obesolete" movement
Stadia: Sales are craytaing
Stadia: Dear diary, today I'm gonna go defend google employees in the stadia thread
Google Stadia: Stay tuned, bud
Stadia That Didn't Happen.txt
Stadia: Back and No One Cares!
Stadia: Shadows Lag Twice
Stadia: It's dead.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
Apparently you get a free Chromecast ultra, the discontinued one before the one now with google tv and a controller if you pre-order cyberpunk 2077 on it!

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
I really hope this thread stays open for the Cyberpunk release so we can see how Stadia fumbles it.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

gonne need the offline chromecast for cyperpunk

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

PowerBeard posted:

I really hope this thread stays open for the Cyberpunk release so we can see how Stadia fumbles it.

The thread titles made me laugh so much that yes, I am keeping it open for a bit. I wonder how much amazing Stadia news we have missed. I had actually completely forgotten Stadia existed until I was doing the GOTY thread prep work and looking at each months releases on various platforms and saw the name.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Celexi posted:

Apparently you get a free Chromecast ultra, the discontinued one before the one now with google tv and a controller if you pre-order cyberpunk 2077 on it!

Are those the ones that would spontaneously fry/melt themselves running Stadia?

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019
Oh hey, I see The Stadia is after a year available in 0 additional countries. Good job! :stadia:

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Does that new chromecast work with stadia yet?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

SCheeseman posted:

Does that new chromecast work with stadia yet?

but really does anything work with stadia

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

FAUXTON posted:

but really does anything work with stadia

pretty sure hostile apostle did.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

No, but it's shocking that Google's brand new flagship streaming product doesn't support their flagship gaming streaming service they launched a year ago.

Well maybe not that shocking.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
has anyone said cloud citizen yet

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

organburner posted:

pretty sure hostile apostle did.

lol

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

Truga posted:

has anyone said cloud citizen yet

:nice:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

VideoGames posted:

STADIA: CLOUD GAMING? MOER LIKE CLOWN GAMING LMAO

Just the best title of all of them because it still seems to be true all these months later.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
Here's a Stadia-related post I made in the general game streaming thread

---

GFN, Luna, Stadia, & xCloud are all coming to iOS because they found a loophole

quote:

With Luna, Amazon has discovered another way to circumvent Apple’s App Store fees. Luna is a progressive web application (PWA), which means it’s actually a browser-based program masquerading as a native iOS app. You’ll download the PWA from the Luna website, and the resulting icon on your iPhone’s home screen will function like a shortcut to Amazon’s cloud gaming portal on the web.

As a PWA, Luna is not involved in the App Store at all.

“Just to be super transparent, on iOS, it is through the browser,” Whitten said. “So it's not a native app in the App Store.”

Epic tried something similar when it sold Fortnite outside of Google Play starting in 2018. For 18 months, the only way for Android users to play Fortnite was to visit the game’s website and download a proprietary launcher from there, or get it through the Samsung-only app store. It was an inelegant solution, and in April of this year, Epic reluctantly added Fortnite to Google Play, accepting the 30 percent fee on all transactions.
Stadia is finally catching up to the digital era.

quote:

Hey everyone,

We’ve rolled out some new features on Stadia. Take a look at our release notes below:

Family Sharing - We have officially launched Family Sharing, which will allow you to share games that you’ve purchased or claimed as a Stadia Pro subscriber with multiple family members. To learn more, take a look at our help center article.

Messaging on Stadia - You now have the ability to send messages to other players and members of parties on Stadia. This includes smart replies on gamepads for quick and easy responses.

Capture sharing on mobile and web - You can now share your screenshots and video clips via link on mobile and web. Click the share button in your captures page to generate and share the link.

Captures include game chat voice audio - Your own game chat voice will now be recorded in your video captures.

Stadia Profile enhancements - We've updated your Stadia profile to include information such as owned games, friends list, and presence. We’ve also added shortcuts that will allow you to take quick player actions, such as inviting other players to your party.
That is from three days ago, extremely basic loving functionality that should have been there day 1. Stadia is also now allowing everyone to play Destiny 2 base for free

quote:

Destiny 2 for all

Starting November 19 at 9 AM PT, everyone on Stadia can play Destiny 2 for free. This play for free version of Destiny 2 begins your legend with a large variety of activities – from cooperative quests to competitive modes, challenging endgame activities, and more. Even if you’re not a Stadia Pro member, you’ll be able to take part in the core Destiny 2 experience.
If they can let anyone play Destiny 2 on Stadia then they built their servers expecting Stadia to be way more successful than it is. Sadly, this will end our ability to mock Stadia's tiny Destiny 2 player base.

---

Stadia's game count is up to 114, which I believe hostile apostle toxxed over.

They're delivering a decent value on Stadia Pro. They offer an AAish game every month plus a couple solid indies. This month's games:
HITMAN 2
Hello Neighbor: Secret Neighbor - New on Stadia!
Into the Breach - New on Stadia!
Kine
Monster Jam Steel Titans - New on Stadia!
Everspace - New on Stadia!

Last month's:
Sniper Elite 4 (NEW on Stadia)
Risk of Rain 2
The Gardens Between (NEW on Stadia)
Hello Neighbor: Hide & Seek (NEW on Stadia)
Republique
Sundered: Eldritch Edition
It's not as good a value as Xbox Gamepass Ultimate, but probably comparable to recent Humble Monthly's.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Stretching the definition of "value" there.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

Into the breach, lmao.

Truly harnessing the power of stadia on that one.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Gobbeldygook posted:

It's not as good a value as Xbox Gamepass Ultimate, but probably comparable to recent Humble Monthly's.

Unless you can now download the games, Humble will still be the winner because the bandwidth amounts alone are greater than a ton of installs.

Also does it have Doom 2016 on it yet?

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

Celexi posted:

I did the deal with youtube music. Used up my entire free month of stadia and never got the controller or chromecast

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Wasn't their some rumor stadia was upgrading all its hardware to blow the new gen out of the water?

VideoGames posted:

Unless you can now download the games, Humble will still be the winner because the bandwidth amounts alone are greater than a ton of installs.

Oh laffo their flagship demo is now a competitors first party game I forgot that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

VideoGames posted:

Yeah, it finally landed on the service in August. A little outside of launch window, sure...