Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Mirificus posted:

At the start of summer, I started to run into an overheating problem with my PC. I made sure that all fans/vents were clear and clean and even reapplied thermal paste, but it kept getting in the upper 90C range after about 20 minutes into a heavy gaming session (nearly boiling). Eventually I broke down and got a larger case and put like 6 fans in it which solved the overheating problem.

LMAO my PC is actually a nuclear reactor, AMA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Letting a 10 year old play GTA and Mafia III is kinda hosed TBH

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Letting a 10 year old play GTA and Mafia III is kinda hosed TBH

quote:

Right!

I try to come here an be positive and I'm getting bashed for wrongly parenting a kid that's not even mine. Gotta love the internet!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

cirus posted:

90C is what my CPU was at when it turned out the lock on the lever for my 2500k broke on my motherboard and it was held on by the old thermal paste only and no pressure. No wonder it wouldn't hold 3.9Ghz anymore! I sourced a replacement board and that thing ran at 70C 3.9Ghz for another few years.

If you don't know how CPU coolers work that lever does a lot to make sure the heatsink is touching the CPU firmly and keeping it cool.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Time_pants posted:

Did those people ever get their save files back for that... uh... Tom Clancy game or whatever?

Well, considering that even Ubisoft have stopped support for Ghost Recon : Wildlands, I would say they did not get them back, or maybe the last patch was reverted and they couldn't play online with anyone else, other than other Stadia players...

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

cirus posted:

Ehhhh this is a Stadia post with some merit.
My PC is a 300-500W space heater which can rapidly take it's room in my house from a not-nice 27-28C to a particularly unpleasant 35C on a hot day.

I've used Geforce NOW to get around this issue a couple of times in the past. Of course, I use Geforce NOW which already has my game library on it and not Stadia, wherein I re-buy a game for full price for no particular reason.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

PowerBeard posted:

Well, considering that even Ubisoft have stopped support for Ghost Recon : Wildlands, I would say they did not get them back, or maybe the last patch was reverted and they couldn't play online with anyone else, other than other Stadia players...

From what I saw on the subreddit, people’s Ghost Recon saves did get fixed a month after everything broke but only for around half of the Stadia userbase. The other half had to reach out to Ubisoft’s customer support and wait up to several more weeks for a manual rollback to be performed on their accounts.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

ErrEff posted:

From what I saw on the subreddit, people’s Ghost Recon saves did get fixed a month after everything broke but only for around half of the Stadia userbase. The other half had to reach out to Ubisoft’s customer support and wait up to several more weeks for a manual rollback to be performed on their accounts.

Another Stadia success story. Add it to the board.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Everything goed but now its cumed.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

gooed?

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Sitzen ein oder mehrere Wipfe in einer Lore, so kann man sie ueber den Rand der Lore hinausschauen sehen.
He'll miss that electrical heater next winter.

Khablam posted:

Ehhhh this is a Stadia post with some merit.
My PC is a 300-500W space heater which can rapidly take it's room in my house from a not-nice 27-28C to a particularly unpleasant 35C on a hot day.

I've used Geforce NOW to get around this issue a couple of times in the past. Of course, I use Geforce NOW which already has my game library on it and not Stadia, wherein I re-buy a game for full price for no particular reason.
And my PC is a 1KW space heater, but at least my computer room is a small room right under the roof, so the heat punches above it's weight.
Your post convinced me to give Geforce NOW a try.

Wipfmetz fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Jul 28, 2022

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/killedbygoogle/status/1552658225207693312?t=6V8t0oraUgUD0uR5x9_sAw&s=19

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

been mulling it over. anyone else think all stadia owns ers should be killed

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Now I'll never get to finish Get Packed. This is bullshit.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Stux posted:

be careful, i got probed for saying this about the mods

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

For the sake of entertainment, I choose to believe the friend who works at Google

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Stux posted:

I think demeaning manual labor is more productive.
Like postmen.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Stux posted:

As a Stadia owner (at least, as much as one can own Stadia), I say yes.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Killing the service this summer would be especially hilarious given that FIFA 23 just got confirmed for the platform.

https://twitter.com/GoogleStadia/status/1550577513952411649?s=20&t=LozaxaGP76Blubyj3Oud9w

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

There's like a 2% of this actually being real. That said, lol.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Time_pants posted:

There's like a 2% of this actually being real. That said, lol.

I know, imagine Google killing a service with almost no notice.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

univbee posted:

Killing the service this summer would be especially hilarious given that FIFA 23 just got confirmed for the platform.

It would be hilarious but not unexpected for Google. They were talking up the games studio literally weeks before it was shut down.

I also don't think this is real - anyone can send an anonymous tip, after all - but it'd be so, so funny if it is.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Stux posted:

Yes but purely as a mercy

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

yup well. is it any surprise the failia and various dads who, hiodden away in their gaming hovels where neither light nor wife can see, are now being lined up for summary execution.

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.
Take your medication.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
are you saying it is a surprise?

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Sitzen ein oder mehrere Wipfe in einer Lore, so kann man sie ueber den Rand der Lore hinausschauen sehen.

Stux posted:

yup well. is it any surprise the failia and various dads who, hiodden away in their gaming hovels where neither light nor wife can see, are now being lined up for summary execution.
But is a man, who's lined up for summary execution, truely hidden away?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Wipfmetz posted:

But is a man, who's lined up for summary execution, truely hidden away?

A Stadia owner is concealed from Christ's light even when the sun shines in their face.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

it should come at no surprise. but Jesus Crhist these failidiots are out of control. perhaps a serious conversation about putting them to the sword is needed?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

A list of positive facts amongst the negative rumours (Stadia Outlook) posted:

I thought it was worth posting a look at the positive outlook of Stadia moving forward in the near future and beyond.

There has been alot of rumours circling around other sub reddits and twitter about the anonymous Facebook Post in a Stadia Group detailing a shut down similar to a 'my uncle works at nintendo' Post.

As someone who is a fan of gaming in general I can see the positive outlook of Stadia moving forward including the following:
  • Stadia is expanding into a new territory this year (Mexico)
  • FIFA 23 is arriving to Stadia with next gen features alongside full crossplay
  • Saints Row is arriving day and date with all platforms
  • Stadia Maker Games such as Death Carnival, Sky Climber, She Dreams Elsewhere etc are still on course to arrive this year and next year
  • Indie Developers reporting substantial revenue made from entering Stadia Pro
  • More Free Trials being added with over 100 titles now having playable trials without needing a Stadia Account
  • Continued support from Developers in the low change porting programme (Milestone, Paradox etc)
  • Stadia team still hiring for positions across the world
  • New UI and UX updates still rolling out (albeit slightly slow)
These are only some of the positive points that we can take from Stadia now and moving forward. I have always and will be primarily an xbox gamer but I wish for Stadia to do well to push others in the cloud gaming space to do better.

There is room for all cloud services to thrive within the industry and I look forward to seeing what the future holds!

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Google denies rumor that Stadia is shutting down

Ah, well, that's that, Stadia's in good health, it's not like they've ever said things were going perfectly fine before shutting poo poo down a week later or anything.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

catlord posted:

Ah, well, that's that, Stadia's in good health, it's not like they've ever said things were going perfectly fine before shutting poo poo down a week later or anything.

It's 100% shutting down lmao

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

You can tell it's accurate because it's typed in the present tense, the truest of all the tenses

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Ron Howard narration: Google was shutting down Stadia.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Pretend I posted the always sunny title card here saying "Stadia is shutting down"

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
I mean, of course Google will deny it until it is official.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

iajanus posted:

Pretend I posted the always sunny title card here saying "Stadia is shutting down"

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

catlord posted:

they're not shutting them down, they're shutting them up

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

The "official denial" comes from the same twitter bot that posted boiler-plate everything is awesome replies when stadians were up in arms about all their saves being deleted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

yup well, that why so many people are calling for the ultimate punish to rain down on these dullards heads. the stadiais MUSt be killed.