Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
lmao this trainwreck and the people defending it, makes the ouya launch seem like it went good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
I do like that people got shipped the stadia founders kits but not the code so they can't use it lmao

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
Google used to have a way to search for gaming Livestreams on their YouTube gaming but they killed that

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

hostile apostle posted:

do I put that PS4 disc into my family's dvd player?

lmao

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

hostile apostle posted:

You dont have to wait, just opt your chromecast into the experimental channel in the Google Home app.

when are you guys going to send the missing codes to all those people complaining they haven't got it yet

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

tater_salad posted:

Then fuckoff then an buy an iPhone and never touch anything Google does. But importantly fuckoff this isn't the why I hate Google thread.

I own a pixel and hate Google,is that not allowed??

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

...no? they just stopped expanding it. it still runs in the cities where it's been installed. Kansas City, Austin, Provo/SLC, Atlanta, Charlotte, the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill area, and Nashville all have currently-operating Google Fiber, and they were in the middle of expanding to LA, Huntsville AL, and San Antonio when they put a freeze on expansion (meaning if they ever start back up, those will probably go pretty fast)

that's why i used the phrase "stalled out," because what they already put up is still running and seemingly works great, they just stopped putting it in new cities (because Google basically has ADHD as a corporation)

i genuinely think Stadia is the result of the relevant arm of Google trying to get the one that runs Fiber to get off their rear end and give the rest of the US (at minimum) good internet

not really, considering they put their hands up and gave up in Louisville instead of fixing it.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
Did you all forget how awful web email clients were before gmail and how their storage size limits was in the double digit megabytes, or how the ones before google maps were awful, or how hilariously useless was babelfish before google translate.

not to defend google but they did do some cool stuff, but they haven't really for a decade anymore.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
if bing stopped giving me useless or spam results I would use it more, as is I have to go to page 2 on bing to find my result, if it is even in there and skip the first results of malware.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
I hate amp specially as it's usually missing parts of the regular mobile website and most don't have a link to go to the regular website.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

univbee posted:

GeForce Now feels way less laggy than Stadia does for me. I have a feeling Google's servers aren't as ubiquitous as they were making them out to be. We don't have verified information on where the Stadia servers actually are physically, do we?

I am not going to spend 100$+ to figure it out, but someone that has it can easily see where the traffic is going to and traceroute it. That won't help figure out where if the traffic is going to an edge and from then going to the other side of the globe, but I don't think they'd be doing that for stadia.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

PS4's a better go; Far more games and (if streamed gaming is THAT important) PSNow lets you download titles if they're PS4-compatible. Sony already learned the hard way not everyone has fibre internet.

xbox online services and game pass pricing is far better and also gives you games to play locally on your pc without it being streamed, also the 360 games play locally instead of streamed like the ps4

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

the rat fandom posted:

I'm just thinking about how expensive the non-subscription model will be for google and how much advertising will be needed to mitigate the cost. Has there been any discussion on how that will work?

the cost mitigation will be the blog post when they shut it down

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

American McGay posted:

There are 7 loving Tomb Raider games on this thing. I think they could have launched with Doom Eternal as well as Doom 2016.

For some reason square enix is giving tomb raider away for (mostly)free to whoever asks for their subscription service, would explain all the tomb raider games on stadia

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

DalaranJ posted:

Epic probably views Stadia as a competing storefront rather than a console, in which case, never gonna happen.

well, it is a competing storefront that you buy games just to say you have them ,as playing them is kinda poo poo on the service itself

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
I tried this thing on chrome using a code from hostille and, farming simulator had some pretty awful stuttering and delays, the delays were not as visible on a controller, but the moment you use a mouse its awful.
Destiny 2 looks horrible and has some awful latency.
tomb raider looks like a mid 2000's computer on low settings, with some inconsistent latency on controller and nauseating one in keyboard+mouse.
Fighting game is unplayable because of the latency.

Anyway, its worse than I expected, it caps out at 30/31 mbits and I am close to their headquarters, I played a match of fortnite the other day in GeForce now and it was fine with keyboard and mouse. I tried xcloud on my phone and works fine in Forza, but I wouldn't use any of those over local hardware. Stadia somehow loads games slower than my xbox one S and doesn't have the "cool" of gforcenow or xcloud of quickly loading things.

google hosed this up badly

Edit: can't test it on my pixel as it only works with the stadia controller there lol

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

thats a creepy tumbnail, also lol still on the 4k 60 fps

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
I tried it on my pixel phone using an xbox controller that does work wirelessly unlike the stadia one(lol). And it does look and run much better than on chrome, the latency is still there though, but I guess tolerable if not near local hardware, but xcloud does the same without charging for games so I don't understand this business model.

Will try it on someone's chromecast sometime see how it does there

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Cowman posted:

A lot of the big F2P games are on phone anyway or are unplayable without a mouse and keyboard

Fortnite is pretty good about this, wherever you login the character is the same, and the matchmaking is according to input type, and you can even switch from controller to kb/mouse on same device.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
the free tier is not open to anyone yet

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

ah yes the rights of gamers, lmao

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
the next xbox you will reportedly be able to start playing a game via streaming while it downloads and then it seamlessly changes to the local one when it is done.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
Apparently people are having overheating issues on the stadia subreddit more often now:

quote:

I have had zero issues until today but no matter what game I play this is what I see.

FYI the Chromecast Ultra I very hot.

another one:

quote:

My CCU was toasted a few days ago. Contacted google support. They told me they would send me a new one. After 3 days I heard nothing and contacted them again. I am then told that they cancelled it, but they don't know why.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Fallom posted:

In case anyone was wondering what the target market for Stadia actually is, that small fan in the corner costs over $300

techbros?

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
I don't know about ps4 bout my xbone updates itself and games while off(asleep) unless I fully shutit down or turn off the sleep mode.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
Ah yes google's goodwill by firing employees that try to unionize.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

not from this distance your honor

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
I am going to go to a beach, and stare at a laptop display

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Tempura Wizard posted:

I'm back in San Diego for the holidays and my friends from high school who I'm hanging out with decide they want to go to Coronado for the day. Okay, whatever. We get there and I've got all my Stadia stuff in my backpack which I wanted to show off to my friends who were nothing but doubtful. I notice the nearby hotel's wifi signal is okay so I decide to pull out my gear and give off a live demo, right then and there. I'm getting headshots left and right and all of my friends were speechless. Soon, people were walking up from down the beach shouting, "Hey, are you the guy with the cool gaming rig at the beach"? Some girls came up and watched for a while and one of them gave me their number. My former bully happens to show up and there are tears streaming down his cheeks and he apologizes for tormenting me and shakes my hand. He asks for a buddy pass and I get to have the life affirming moment of turning him down. Stadia is the future.

I tried posting this to stadia slightly modified but the bot killed it as it had "budy pass".

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Super No Vacancy posted:

I wish I could take a nice walk to the park during my workday

Yeah same would love to go to the park so I can play my stadia

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
The mod team of the stadia subreddit are paid shills to, so you promptly have your post removed or get banned if you make too much of a noise

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
lmao all the people that want to play competitive online games on it.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
I do like them saying they don't care about being lied to about resolution or quality when it was one of the selling points

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
1080p streams of most movies or shows look like poo poo versus the blu-ray of them

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Stux posted:

isnt game mode just showing you the actual image youre meant to be looking at without weird effects added on top to make it look worse pointlessly

Yes

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
didn't realize stadia now let you access the file system on the running vm, not that it would matter for gta 5 as you can just check the files on the pc version lol.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

shadow puppet of a posted:

Seriously, look how lazy this poo poo is.

the paid shills didn't even look at the picture of the controller lmao, as it is a copy of the dualshock and not the xbox controller

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
lmao a loving mp3 "gift" what is this, 2001?

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
I'm the fast 6 megabytes per second

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
Microsoft cancelling the vr headset for the bonex was a terrible decision