Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
I just caught up with the thread. Can I play Stadia on my Ouya yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
It's called the future of gaming because that's when your frames arrive

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008

Rudager posted:

I would love to see the negotiation required between all parties to get Star Citizen, a game using Lumberyard which has one of the conidiations of the contract being that it has to run backend services on AWS servers, running on a Google cloud platform.

Amazon about to get... Ama.. rekt?

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008

Stadia operating at a loss??? Who knew?

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008

Can't use mods on stadia

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
That macroblocking on their poo poo quality stream is going to look great as a 360 degree vr video

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
They wanted stux but they didn't know that in a cruel twist of fate they would get stux

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
Once the cloud is released from its underground gestation tanks the true age of Stadia will be upon us.

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
Remember in Ready Player One where somehow the main character is the first one to think of going backwards in a racing game

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
Chromecast was a decent product, checkmate stadia fudsters

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Yeah and thats been one of the selling points of Stadia since day one, but they only just now got it working with Risk of Rain 2 (but not really working yet).

Another game with a small install size and low hardware requirements , so pretty much the worst use case for streaming. Not to mention you can die really fast if you have lag or lack of precision because of lag.

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008

cubicle gangster posted:

I have a couple of friends who work at Google, not on anything stadia related, but one of them found out recently that other teams have been requesting hardware to do their research projects on and it's getting approved immediately (very rare), and it's stadia hardware, so it looks like they're letting the resources get used up on other things.

Probably not a sign of anything as their user numbers almost certainly were way, way under expectation right from launch day, but they're definately not expecting to suddenly tap in to growth.

This is a good sign for Stadia because it means more people are getting familiar with the hardware

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
Is Oregon Trail on Stadia yet? It kind of has its roots in cloud gaming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008

Captain Hygiene posted:

I would consider these a major update:
(...) what was promised at release