Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Your Computer posted:

one near a google data center

Luckily, there are a lot of those

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Skynet, I mean Google, is really talking alota game here, but I wanna see how this works and how much this is.

Would you like to a play a game, Dr Falken?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

EpicNemesis posted:

No datacaps in LA at least. I'm surprised they do datacaps anywhere in the country. Isn't that just third world crap?

:lol:

Welcome to America

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I'm gonna take a guess and say maybe Google will launch a nationwide internet service with no caps or throttles. Maybe package it with Stativia as a bundle.

You mean like Google Fiber? That thing they've already cancelled?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Mulva posted:

Like that is the thing that can not be stressed enough. Google isn't a 'tech company'. They are absolutely poo poo as a tech company. They are mediocre at most forms of coding. They are a data gathering resource for large corporations. They exist to sell your information to other corporations to exploit for profit. That's all they have. They are absolutely, positively terrible at everything else.

They just got so much money whoring data that it gave them an inflated sense of self worth. They have never made a single thing of value in the entire run of their corporation. That's impressive when you think about it.

They're an advertisement company

Though Page Rank was pretty good, people forget how lovely search engines used to be

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Game studios are always going to ship games that have a billion shaders enabled and crazy poly's and have a high level producer who decides that 30fps is worth keeping all of the dynamic dongs rather than prebaking them to run at 60 when you're in that Forest of Dongs level.

All games will only run at 60 if a console maker demands it, and in reality they'd give waivers on it like they do for many rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Tiny Timbs posted:

That sounds explicitly like they're ending Stadia aside from life support

Yeah, sounds like they're going to see if they can license the tech (which had good pieces) as something separate from the omnishambles platform they built on top of the streaming