Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Sandepande posted:

I paid for the Founder's Edition, I'm keen to find out how this thing goes from the frontlines!

I've bought stupider things, why stop now.

You also got an Xbox One Day One Edition with LocoCycle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

American McGay posted:

Weird how this thing's staunchest defender hasn't appeared since the review embargo broke.

Duh, he had to stop posting, as it was impacting the performance of his RDR2 stream.

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

hostile apostle posted:

Stadia will do it better, YouTube streaming is coming - you'll even have the ability to join their session via on a link on the YT stream page if the game is multiplayer and the user wants to allow that.

https://stadia.dev/blog/jump-into-multiplayer-games-on-youtube-with-crowd-play/

How does astroturfing a dead comedy forum pay? I want in on that poo poo and I have no morals.

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Combat Pretzel posted:

EA is working on Anthem 2.0 ostensibly. Let's see how that'll work out. They're also doing another Mass Effect.

I’ll believe that when I see it, I wouldn’t trust BioWare to open a zip-file at this stage.

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Dunno why they tried to trump Lococycle, but I appreciate their efforts.

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Sweet, then The Secret of Universe Alpha is not lost to the mists of time!

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Anyone having received an extra buddy pass, I’d like to try this over Christmas!

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

I will buy and hide my PS5 among all the other consoles I have. My wife is not tech savvy enough to distinguish between them, so it's easy.

(As long as she can play Beat Saber, Star Wars Kinect and Uncharted, then she's happy as a clam...)

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

univbee posted:

how is idle time determined, anyway? just controller input? could you get booted if a game had a particularly long cutscene, or partway through the credits of assassin’s creed?

Hilarious if a hypothetical Metal Gear or Death Stranding booted people out during cutscenes

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

leftist heap posted:

i'm a huge analytical and numbers guy

*Looks at a piece of paper with the words “A new idiot is born every day” scribbled in crayon*
I ran all the numbers, guys!

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Some kind goon actually gifted me a buddy code, and I just wanted to let them know that I used it AND tried it.

I played Metro on my cheap £100 Chromebook, which was a quite impressive experience.
Thumper is barely playable, though, and while it was generous in terms of passing obstacles and turning corners, I still died to to lagspikes.

All in all, I like the idea (then again, I was wowed by playing H.A.W.K back on Onlive on my old old Macbook, so what do I know?)

I still don't know why they did not actually pursue the Netflix of games angle. Gamepass is pretty much that already, so copy Netflix. Occasional blockbusters, and lots of AA and B games. Don't chase the big hitters, but the smaller games instead.

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

univbee posted:

Speaking of incredible Ubisoft deals, they're going to have a free-to-play weekend for Assassin's Creed Odyssey, even allowing pre-load on PS4 and PC.

Guess which platform isn't getting this free weekend.

Switch?

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

gschmidl posted:

Like Stux, I liked the initial NMS because I didn't have any expectations beyond "chill out in space" and they've added incredible amounts of stuff for free over the last years.

I would argue that NMS is actually worse in some regards now, than it was when it released. I tried it again recently, after having burned out at launch, and holy poo poo the amount of busywork they added to even get your spaceship of the ground.
Before you could craft everything in your inventory, but now you need this device to craft X, which you need five off to create a Y, which is needed if you want to.... It's like one of those elaborate Minecraft mods where you start with a chunk of cobblestone and end up with a full particle accelerator.

I just did not anticipate that and bounced off that HARD. Maybe I should just fire it up under creative mode and piss around namings planets and animals...

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Hitman has been released on Stadia:
https://twitter.com/videodante/status/1330685421794127874?s=21

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

doingitwrong posted:

I will never stop laughing at the fact that science has identified people with terminally bad taste.

E: here’s the open access version of the paper.
https://dspace.mit.edu/handle/1721.1/111114

SA has this guy who makes threads for all the GAAS games, and it's basically the kiss of death if they start posting about the game...

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Sandweed posted:

I just don't understand the mindset of these people that throw their lot in with big faceless megacorps and then define their lives around buying products from said corp. Stadia, Apple, Tesla ect what drives people to do this?

I have long toyed with this idea that humans are deeply tribal and will join a tribe at the drop of a hat. That's why people get so invested in sport, politics and these consumerism cults. Aything to belong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

I managed to get Xcloud working on the Steamdeck, and this is amazing. Doom Eternal on a small handheld is truly this play anywhere that Stadia was hoping for. Why anyone would spend money on Stadia is a mystery.

Edit: What a terrible way to start a page.