Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Time to throw my gaming PC away. The future is right there.

e: That game is Delta Force 2 i guess? Nice to see it running smoothly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Bronze Fonz posted:

Hell even on the SC reddit I would get angry replies and downvoted, but they would stay up.
In /stadia my reply just disappeared almost as soon as I posted it.

You all really should just be more positive. Star Citizen Stadia is here to stay!

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Is it possible to play CS:GO with Nvidias magic servers? I am really surprised too that Apex Legends is working well.

quote:

What will it take for gamers to believe in a service like Stadia?

If only the parent company (Google) had enough cash, influence or talented people. Gamers should start setting up billboards, ads in newspapers and starting to donate to Google to make Stadias future possible.

AutismVaccine fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Feb 5, 2020

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Bardeh posted:

It's on the list, so it's compatible at least. If Apex and Destiny are anything to go by, you'll likely have a decent time just screwing around in Casual matches, but people who take CS:GO seriously aim for hundreds of fps so I doubt it'll be good if you want to play at all competitively.

I guess CS:GO is really the anti thesis to cloud streaming, you can run it on anything (you dont need the highest resolution or the craziest effects) and you really need the lowest click to shoot lag possible. Time to go test XCOM on it

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Stux posted:

ps now you just sub to and get 800 games, does that one count

NO, ofc not. stop spreading FUD.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

It seems that number has the wrong magnitude

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Lol yeah, that's what Stadia needs, a game where you spend hours and hours constructing a 2d level, all streamed in glorious bandwidth-sucking 4k

Shouldnt it be easy to compress down to a manageable bitrate then?

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

STADiarrhea

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Communist Walrus posted:

Hi /r/Stadia, long time lurker first time poster. I'm married to a combination of the Eye and Mouth of Sauron, and any video game equipment I bring into the house is immediately subjected to her withering, baleful gaze. Is Stadia the console for me?

How much are you in for commando?

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

2500K is the best computer component of all time.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

American McGay posted:

PS5 delayed while they work on the logo, something Stadia doesn't have to worry about.

Checkmate gamers.
Only because people created a logo for it
:stadia:

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

explosivo posted:

Lol @ "The human eye cannot see a difference between 1080p and 4K"

Also dont game on 120Hz+ monitors, the feeling of smoothness is just a hallucination.

24fps ftw!

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Sounds cool. Can i also get a code?

I want to test it on my Austrian Countryside 8Mbps Not-Fiber Connection (TM). Stadia should handle a few kilometers with only two copper wires easily.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Good Dumplings posted:

also lol that VG effectively banned hostile from the thread via his own insecurities

it shouldn't be possible for a mod to be this good. the world has many impossible things

https://youtu.be/YQMqbOo93EI?t=71

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

I know morally it is very wrong, but what about pirated games? A midrange gaming PC with part pirated/ part legal bought games seems pretty unbeatable in cost. Every 3 years you get a new midrange GPU, every five you swap mobo, cpu and ram.

Imo paying monthly fees is just always (97%+) bad for the customer. (except you have a company and use it as tax write-off)

AutismVaccine fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Mar 25, 2020

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Google really should raise the monthly sub to 20$. or even 30$. Stadia is just too amazing to give it away for cheap.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

univbee posted:

I'm a bit surprised there isn't an MMO we know of that's considering leveraging this type of game streaming, if for no other reason than to guarantee the game is hacker-free.

Working with google? Stadia being bad and hard to develop for? Google graveyard?

I guess there are many reasons for it

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

orcane posted:

At least being addicted to buying games is no problem with Stadia, because you'll run out quickly :v:

GoodGuyGoogle

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

The HA gimmick has gotten pretty stale imo.

Stadia aint no Star Citizen :iiasb:

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Rest in piss stadia!

:stadia:

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

limaCAT posted:

I am as excited for the PlayStation 5 as I am for a box of moist turds (self.Stadia)

As far as I'm concerned, the XBOX Series X is an epic failure. 2 years ago, my sentiment would likely differ. However, today, I feel its a letdown.

Given the current landscape, there's no point releasing a next-generation console if it isn't accompanied by a paradigm shift. There's nothing wrong with spec bumps. They're just not worth my enthusiasm. I don't believe they should be worth...

The Sickening and Heartbreaking Truths of the Fourth Stimpire posted:

In the last 500 years, the Fourth Stimpire has dominated four systems, which it has united into one starzone, Stimsis. The Fourth Stimpire has origins from the Ten Empire War in which 10 of the United Stimpires revolted against each rules. All empires except for the fourth swore freedom upon their citizens. There is no free speech in the Fourth Stimpire, and all self-controlled transportation has been made illegal without undergoing painful medical verification methods, in which arteries are severed without pain resistant, operated entirely by machines. The way they work claim to be the most hygenic and healthy way possible, but these machines often rub against pain points, causing great deals of pain to patients. The heart is then extracted from the body and placed into a glass grinding machine. Various energy centers are also dissected and replaced with dangerous transplants. After the painful, 52 hour surgical procedure, patients will then have to use a fused guidance tool, which pumps painful resistors into...

I guess we found the stadia equivalent

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Pirate Jet posted:

Holy poo poo if hostile apostle was the only thing keeping this thread from just becoming the ten millionth insufferable debate about iPhone vs Android then I highly suggest we unthreadban them immediately

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

#NotACult

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

commando in tophat posted:

brb, i'm booting my PC for 5 minutes like it's 1995 i don't know what computers these stadiots have, but my is at login screen sooner than my monitor wakes up

^ this so much. Who could have forseen this dilemma? NERF NVMe Drives NOA!

Star Citizen really needs to come to :stadia:, it is a match made in heaven.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Paying 50+€ monthly for an internet connection which could run stadia while having input lag and still having to pay full price for games while not being able to mod them.

Stadia - what a hit.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Lawlicaust posted:

We're invested in watching Stadia fail because of the ridiculous marketing bullshit, the incompetence of the developers, and the astroturfing (especially within this thread). Stadia is the drunk guy who just said "Hold My Beer" and is preparing to jump a bonfire while wearing no pants. We all know he's going to fall face first into it and it is going to be loving hilarious.

Just like watching Star Citizen, but sadly we have no HA in the SC thread :(.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Detective No. 27 posted:

So I'm just gonna keep posting the daily death count until it happens. I don't expect it to last the full 888 remaining days. But maybe it will.

Stadia is really lucky there are no GPUs to buy, else there would be no need for it (between everything opening up, new console generation, nvidia+steam)

Also they really should stop using the price argument. Stadia is not cheap when you need a low latency 100MBit connection for that poo poo to even work decently.

AutismVaccine fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Jun 12, 2021

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

TLDR Stadia is poo poo

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

o7 vg man o7

I really hope Stadia and Star Citizen team up, that would be an amazing reason to open up again. One can dream i guess...

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Can i have a Stux memorial sixer with the windmill pic?

Stadia is mindboggling badly run and i fear that it will cease to exist soon. Need something to remember that trainwreck.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

All these posts made me see the light:

We should just be more positive. Stadia is clearly only held back by our FUD posting.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Just post mate, we need content like Stadia needs a reason to be.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

MechaCrash posted:

Until Google shuts down the servers, anyway.

Thats just pure FUD, Google shutting down stuff wth. Google is super rich, they dont need to kill products. They just use 100 of their best engineers to fix the thing. It is super easy for them to tailor down the various use cases of their users because of all their stored data of em. The seem less integration of Stadia in the Google ecosystem tops easily all the stuff Apple has done with their products.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Stadia: Patches the Clown, but not the games