Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

madfury
Dec 21, 2005
rõve loom
I have an uncapped half a gigabit connection with an option to upgrade to gigabit. I guess im the target audience however i am also clever enough to understand why stadia, as a value proposition, is beyond poo poo . So from my perspective people who have the technical capability to operate the service as intended are also people who understand why its stupid to do so. Why would an average, non technical user, have a gigabit connection at home? I must be missing something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madfury
Dec 21, 2005
rõve loom

VideoGames posted:

I am steamed nothing like that exists. You would think this would be in the origins of an idea that there are games uplay when you want. I am humbled to even admit I have an itch to play video games so much in this manner.

Came here for this

madfury
Dec 21, 2005
rõve loom

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That's actually really easy; No big multi-gig patches that take tens of minutes to download, and the games start in seconds instead of that terrible long minute or two from starting the console and turning on your TV that's mostly occupied with plonking your rear end down on the couch and getting comfortable anyway.

Do you have a couch and and a TV in the shitter? Or in the garage? Or in the toolshed? Checkmate

madfury
Dec 21, 2005
rõve loom

gschmidl posted:

Never forget

I think we have found the target consumer group. And I thought it didnt exist.

madfury
Dec 21, 2005
rõve loom
serious question: could HA be just a very, very good troll? He does teeter between genuine fanboy and braindead shill in a believable manner. I mean we all get that the reddit posts are paid advertising with 0 contact with reality but HA is much more interesting from that aspect. I dont have much experience with this topic so this is highly entertaining for me. Educate me goons! How do you tell the difference between a troll and fanboy?

madfury
Dec 21, 2005
rõve loom
HA, serious question in good faith: do you consider echo chambers (https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=echo%20chamber)to be good thing for the community participating in them or bad? Answer doesnt have to be binary, explain if you have a more nuanced answer.

madfury
Dec 21, 2005
rõve loom

hostile apostle posted:

I come here to escape the echo chamber - its my focus panel of skeptics and haters. The only way for Stadia to succeed to be honest with ourselves about the state of the product and win over skeptics. I do push back some in this thread as there is a lot of bad faith posting (some folks I've blocked because its just blind rage). I also have a longer term view on what is being built, so perhaps that makes me more optimistic. I am also appreciative of the first hand perceptions and criticisms many people in this thread offer, like stinch on a few pages back - the onboarding experience for new users needs a lot of work.

I do objectively believe that what Stadia offers today is interesting for many users (no hardware needed, convenience like instant play), but its not enough. No one is fooling themselves that the state of the platform is ideal right now and work is complete - people are working their rear end off to continue to build a better platform. I do believe Stadia can broaden the audience for gaming. I do believe that Stadia, and cloud gaming generally, can offer new gaming experiences that will make interesting for MORE users. We're in the 2nd inning of cloud gaming. This opinion piece was pretty good, objective look at the potential of cloud gaming - these MILES-type features are all coming to Stadia. Just replicating Xbox and Playstation in the cloud is a recipe for failure.

Is Stadia the most compelling offering right now among its competitor set? It depends on who you are: for many no (hardcore), but for some yes (lapsed, casuals, value conscious). Will Stadia be able to differentiate itself better over time and continue to convert people? I think so.

For what it is worth, thank you for taking the time to answer.

madfury
Dec 21, 2005
rõve loom
Merge stadia thread with star citizen one. I will actually donate to senor lowtax for facilitating the poo poo show that follows. The goal is determine which product is the *BEST* and most misunderstood by evil gamers and console makers alike.
Also thank you to all participants, including HA. I might not agree with you, but you have provided insights into human nature.

madfury
Dec 21, 2005
rõve loom
Guys this electricity talk is giving me semi, keep it up. I managed to burn down a shed a couple of decades ago (in Eastern Europe) by messing with some open wires. God only knows how I survived soviet union.

madfury fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Feb 8, 2021

madfury
Dec 21, 2005
rõve loom
I'll just leave this here:
https://www.classaction.org/blog/ba...-in-subscribers

madfury
Dec 21, 2005
rõve loom
When google shuts down stadia then cultists can finally say something along the lines "Thank god finally, this is good for stadia. Google was holding it back".

madfury
Dec 21, 2005
rõve loom

American McGay posted:

When Stadia does finally closes down and someone posts the news article here HA is gonna reply with "uhh actually everyone on the team was fired and the office doors locked months ago. Various janitorial workers have been filling in monitoring the servers since then. Just more rehashed old news by click bait sites"

gently caress, you might actually be right. First I read it as satirical reply but the more I think about the more it sounds plausible.

madfury
Dec 21, 2005
rõve loom
Werent stadia devs fired a couple of days after email confirming 'all is well' from management? I might be remembering incorrectly. If true then anything any stadia product related biomass consuming oxygen says is completely irrelevant.

madfury
Dec 21, 2005
rõve loom

Detective No. 27 posted:

So what features is Stadia going to unlock once his campus privelges end in a few months?

Search that works for partial queries? Negative latency v2? Google stadia will probably be rolled over to the team who built the running dino game for offline chrome.

madfury
Dec 21, 2005
rõve loom
I enjoy reddit kopi-pasta. Its a fun mental exercise figuring out if the author is a paid shill or just mentally challenged. Feral kids and all that. So, please do keep the thread alive.

madfury
Dec 21, 2005
rõve loom

New Super Metis posted:

I'm sorry for the delay on that probe, I had to spend fifteen minutes troubleshooting how to convert an mp4 to gif (it's easy and i'm stupid).

All credit to Cheetah for the work of art.

These probe images have more effort put into them than Stadia in TYOOL 2021.

madfury
Dec 21, 2005
rõve loom
Could we please redirect Stux to another thread? His novelty and entertainment value has worn off and its not worth my time and energy to scroll those things he affectionatly thinks are "posts of value and quality". Stadia on the other hand is a gift that keeps on giving.

madfury
Dec 21, 2005
rõve loom

gschmidl posted:

Use the handy ignore function.

Short term solution. I have a strong belief that shitheads should not be ignored (thus making it someone elses problem) but rather dealt with. Granted, in forum context it doesnt quite apply as strongly as in real life but I try to be consitent.

madfury
Dec 21, 2005
rõve loom

https://www.reddit.com/r/Stadia/comments/t9s6fs/one_of_the_sessions_at_the_google_for_games/

madfury
Dec 21, 2005
rõve loom

jsoh posted:

goog probably paid a significant portion of baldurs gate 3 development costs to get them to make it launch on stadia and it looks like stadia will be fully dead before the game is out of beta

That would a loving win-win if I ever saw one. In related news I couldnt even try the service if I wanted to. Guess the baltics are still considered rear end end of the world. What a great service!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madfury
Dec 21, 2005
rõve loom

The Kins posted:

This Thread: Probably best to send it off to its final resting place after the final hour.

I thank everyone who contributed. It was mostly enjoyable experience similar to watching an illegally built house burn down. It never should have been as it was.