Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’m just tuning in now. What the hell is this thing? A console? Streaming service? Some lovely mixture of both?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Cabbit posted:

So does California not have, like, data caps on their residential internet? Because I'm one state over and all the internet providers here have a 1TB data cap, and that seems like it would be a problem.

We do but it depends on provider. They throttle everything if you push it though.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I'm gonna take a guess and say maybe Google will launch a nationwide internet service with no caps or throttles.

I hate myself for actually wanting this. gently caress Comcast though.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG06H7IQ9Aw
DF weighs in.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Popete posted:

The idea of streaming games is such a grim dark future for me but I can't fully articulate why.

I guess the idea of no longer having the files locally or truly "owning" the software and being able to modify it.

I’d be fine with it once performance is on par with no hitches/lag. I’ve gotten over the concept of “owning” games forever since :filez: will continue to be the endgame for preservation anyways.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Wow. I didn’t expect it to be that bad. Imagine trying to play a platformer over that.:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

God bless the Chinese

TCL owns.