Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Playing some of the post ending unlocked levels in Slayer X and I about poo poo myself when I saw this. Spoilered just in case

Which one of you worked on this game? Reveal yourself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Which one of you worked on this game? Reveal yourself

Thinking caps on, goons, we'll get to the bottom of this yet!!

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

ALFbrot posted:

Thinking caps on, goons, we'll get to the bottom of this yet!!

Better put your beef brain shield on while you're at it

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
I think it's probably just a coincidence.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Gaspy, two quick questions regarding slayers x.

If you're able to share, how does the compensation for xbox gamepass work? Did you just get a flat payment? Do you get paid per download?

(more of a request than a question) When you port to Playstation, will you make sure you give this game a platinum? You'll probably get some attention from trophy hunters regarding that.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
I think I can share but no numbers. It's a flat payout. My publisher negotiated what that would be on my behalf. It's pretty decent! We were both shocked that they wanted Slayers but it seems someone there was a fan of Hypnospace and thought that it being a series was neat.

I know almost nothing about consoles but I'll do my best to give it a platinum. Seems relatively simple?

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
Another Gamepass question - who approaches who? Did MS seek you out, or did your publisher solicit them first?

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
Finished the game, definitely grand. I hope we see more in the Zane Cinematic Universe, as he's quite a gifted designer for his age.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I really like the secrets and extra levels fleshing out Zane to be more than an irony caricature. The secret on the second to last level of finding Zane’s kid’s drawings and him proudly talking about how his kid can read and write all the letters while his own dad was a absentee dead beat was pretty wholesome or the extra level of the city of boise talking about going to the DoH with his mom a lot

I mean it’s how Hypnospace was but it’s nice to see the same style of writing continue

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
Man, I wish I was better at finding secrets. I think I averaged about 20% on my run. Might have to watch a YouTube complication once somebody makes one.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Tomato Gaming's stream was thorough but it is rough watching someone else do a blind play of this game.

Myhouse.wad benefits from expert curation and explaination, but this game is personal in its control scheme and pacing that is similar to Hypnospace Outlaw. The "ah-ha" moments are excruciating if you have the idea before the streamer performs. The critical path is reductively "real fuckin short" compared to the amount of stuff.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Gaspy Conana posted:

I think I can share but no numbers. It's a flat payout. My publisher negotiated what that would be on my behalf. It's pretty decent! We were both shocked that they wanted Slayers but it seems someone there was a fan of Hypnospace and thought that it being a series was neat.

I know almost nothing about consoles but I'll do my best to give it a platinum. Seems relatively simple?

Thanks for responding! Yeah I figured a lot of gamepass stuff is generally a flat payout and you can still sell it separately so it helps a lot.

For the platinum, hypnospace outlaw had a platinum and it's just a matter of adding enough trophies (or assigning the value to them) to equal to 1,050 points or so. Each achievement can be a bronze (15 points), silver (30 points) or gold (90 points) which means a quick way to do it is something like 11 golds and 2 silvers. You have 19 achievements for it on Xbox so a straight conversion should be simple if you play around with what achievements should be what color of trophy.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer
Rat artist found, rat king supplied with cheese, game of all years. Excellent.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Sardonik posted:

Man, I wish I was better at finding secrets. I think I averaged about 20% on my run. Might have to watch a YouTube complication once somebody makes one.

I think I managed 50% but same. I'm waiting for someone to put up a screenshot guide on Steam, gently caress watching YouTube videos for secrets.

If you do want that pakb666 does a shitload of games and he apparently really liked Slayers X, here's his playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jT5vY-r3-Q

Cockashocka
Sep 13, 2013

Bubble brother

I bought Hypnospace Outlaw for myself and the bundle for a streamer I follow, hope she plays it on stream and has fun!

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/the-chowder-man-the-entire-discography-of-hypnospace-outlaws-rock-legend-ranked-and-reviewed

Rock Paper Shotgun ranked all Chowder Man songs. I'd have put The Chowder Man's Hotel Room much higher but hey.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
I get "Ready to Shave" stuck in my head a truly disconcerting amount

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

ALFbrot posted:

I get "Ready to Shave" stuck in my head a truly disconcerting amount

well, it is one of the deepest songs ever made

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
God I love the Web 1.0-ness of the Freelands embedding a seven minute song that you're only going to hear the first forty seconds of, dozens of times. It's so perfectly realized

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

God I love the Web 1.0-ness of the Freelands embedding a seven minute song that you're only going to hear the first forty seconds of, dozens of times. It's so perfectly realized

Yeah, I was just thinking that the other day when it clicked for me that Ready to Shave is the Freelands song, but since I'd only heard the first part I didn't really put the two together.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Crossposting from the Interactive Fiction thread:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2222930/Project_RyME/

A friend of a friend has a demo up for the Next Fest of their game, Project RyME. This has you play a women digging through an old desktop PC to investigate her father's possibly falsified death, and having to learn the desktops weird proprietary OS and do computer hacking to uncover the (presumably) horrifying mystery.

Also, you reconnect with some of your Dad's old internet buddies as they discuss anime.

I'm posting this here because someone in the IF thread thought this might interest HO fans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Schwarzwald posted:

Crossposting from the Interactive Fiction thread:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2222930/Project_RyME/

A friend of a friend has a demo up for the Next Fest of their game, Project RyME. This has you play a women digging through an old desktop PC to investigate her father's possibly falsified death, and having to learn the desktops weird proprietary OS and do computer hacking to uncover the (presumably) horrifying mystery.

Also, you reconnect with some of your Dad's old internet buddies as they discuss anime.

I'm posting this here because someone in the IF thread thought this might interest HO fans.

This certainly looks like my cup of tea, just wishlisted it.