Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I found the last squisher, I got the squisherz rap video. It is worth the hunt. Follow your Capitalism heart. There's a squisher on all the branded pages. It was a fun lil scavenger heart beyond the branding. Then Ronnie's page is strong, especially with the wild birthstone song. Then... Nothing. For a little while, then you get a enforcer mail (e-mail for short) with the video. I downloaded the things from the previous email and it went on long enough for the meatspace screensaver to go off. It was beautiful.

I'm gonna track down some vhs of Squisherz now. I was a cool teen in the AoL zones and this whole side quest felt so RIGHT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Speaking of, Pokémon Sleep app: 'We want to turn sleep into entertainment'

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
I catch hypnomon every single night

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

Modus Pwnens posted:

I catch hypnomon every single night

They're called squisherz thank you very much, and they are really cool

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

squisherz
are really cool

squisherz
are so much fun

N-N-N-NINE BREAKER
Jul 12, 2014

crossposting cuz no one in the chat thread appreciated my 30 minutes of hard work:

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

N-N-N-NINE BREAKER posted:

crossposting cuz no one in the chat thread appreciated my 30 minutes of hard work:

I saw it and smiled :shobon:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

N-N-N-NINE BREAKER posted:

That's cute.

Zyxyz
Mar 30, 2010
Buglord
How many unique tracks can you get for the Tunebox? I'm up to 154 after using the debug app to download all the page music I could find, but I'm only at 94% HAP completion so I could still be missing some.

Also, had an odd issue with the "lost and found" segment—I had already found the flist pages with the test pet and chowder's song lyrics on my own before the mindcrash, so it seemed to me like having those registered in the initial HAP upload ought to have been enough to "find" them right off the bat. It took me a while to realize that I had to go visit those pages again and redownload the files for the game to acknowledge that I had found them... is this a bug, or just awkward progression?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Zyxyz posted:

How many unique tracks can you get for the Tunebox? I'm up to 154 after using the debug app to download all the page music I could find, but I'm only at 94% HAP completion so I could still be missing some.

Also, had an odd issue with the "lost and found" segment—I had already found the flist pages with the test pet and chowder's song lyrics on my own before the mindcrash, so it seemed to me like having those registered in the initial HAP upload ought to have been enough to "find" them right off the bat. It took me a while to realize that I had to go visit those pages again and redownload the files for the game to acknowledge that I had found them... is this a bug, or just awkward progression?

Awkward progression. I had to do the same. I did feel like a galaxy brained genius when I found the rapper's Lost and Found.

The Sezza
Feb 18, 2007
I really like the breadth of 90s internet content covered. Plenty of love for the pokemon-alikes, but I also distinctly remember "digital environment tour" kind of sites like Gus', and I legitimately still have some dragon adoptables from 99 kicking around on my hard drive. :3:

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

So, the Bogleech just did a Squisherz thing and it is good.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
This was such an amazing game, oh my god. I'm just young enough to have missed out on the late 90s net but this still was super nostalgic for early 2000s geocities/myspace.

Little ending question: once you play outlaw and catch Dylan the credits pop, but is that it? It's a decent enough way to finish but I was expecting a final few emails of the archive team (and tim specifically) responding to what happened, and possibly a last news item or something on logging off. It just kind of felt like it... stopped.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

VolticSurge posted:

So, the Bogleech just did a Squisherz thing and it is good.

This page is loving amazing and I love it.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
How do you make money during the last chapter? I'm pretty close to the end and I'm about 250 hypno coins short. I tried playing Hypnospace Outlaw but I don't seem to make money when I arrest the cars matching the picture.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

RVWinkle posted:

How do you make money during the last chapter? I'm pretty close to the end and I'm about 250 hypno coins short. I tried playing Hypnospace Outlaw but I don't seem to make money when I arrest the cars matching the picture.

Then you got the wrong car. The generator isn't particularly diverse, but it'll tell you when you've got the right one.

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

RVWinkle posted:

Did you find the debug tool that's hidden in the Freelands?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

You can also go nuts with the banhammer.

HAMMER THAT GOOPER

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
re: making money. search for Janitor and download it. it seems slow at first but you'll make the 250 in no time . the per pile reward jumps to 4 and then 16 fairly quickly as long as you don't goof up.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
God, this was so good. It I feel like the only core things missing based on my childhood experience of the 1999 internet is something along the lines of Newgrounds and maybe some kind of Ask Jeeves thing.

I wish the world had kept going just a little post-mindcrash, I'd have loved to see the hypnospace equivalents of YTMND, and terrible space empire/nation simulator browser game drama.

This game is, in all meaningful senses of the word, Art. Can't wait to see what the community does with the workshop when it comes out. :toot:

Sardonik fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jul 2, 2019

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

Sardonik posted:

Can't wait to see what the community does with the workshop when it comes out. :toot:

I'm just going to port the dozens of web pages I made in the 90's. I have a top notch y2k page I made for work. And before you ask, yes, y2k is real and you should be concerned.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

RVWinkle posted:

I'm just going to port the dozens of web pages I made in the 90's. I have a top notch y2k page I made for work. And before you ask, yes, y2k is real and you should be concerned.

The real Y2K was the friends we made along the way.

That's amazing and I can't wait to see it all. :allears:

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Gaspy Conana posted:

re: making money. search for Janitor and download it. it seems slow at first but you'll make the 250 in no time . the per pile reward jumps to 4 and then 16 fairly quickly as long as you don't goof up.

Thanks for the hint and I finally managed to finish the game. For some reason I never found any reference to this site outside of the HS_Gamers tag search. Anyway, thanks for the weird game.

RULE 01:
C00L is 128px High

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
i'm going to recreate the geocities I made at ~12/13 all about samurai facts

yes I was hilariously dweeby

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
Late to the party here but I really loved how in the final segment, when you see the LeakyPiping logs of Adrian's management it's clear he's just as big an idiot as his brother.

From the way that he was spun as the business sense to Dylan's 'tech genius' I'd been totally reading for him to be a sinister, ruthless turbocapitalist exec type, and then you find he can't even read the big words in the medical report.

Catboy Autonomist
Jun 23, 2018

IS IT SUPWISING THAT PWISONS WESEMBWE FACTOWIES, SCHOOWS, WHICH AWW WESEMBWE PWISONS?

Whybird posted:

Late to the party here but I really loved how in the final segment, when you see the LeakyPiping logs of Adrian's management it's clear he's just as big an idiot as his brother.

From the way that he was spun as the business sense to Dylan's 'tech genius' I'd been totally reading for him to be a sinister, ruthless turbocapitalist exec type, and then you find he can't even read the big words in the medical report.

One of the emails you get from him earlier if you try striking Professor Helper iirc shows him as a bit of an idiot who goes on about how Professor Helper is helpful or something

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I really liked how the villains weren't moustache twirlers.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Modding update coming in 2 days

https://steamcommunity.com/ogg/844590/announcements/detail/1590261853024491941

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
There's a new The Chowder Man Christmas song & video premiering over yonder in like 5 minutes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftEz-m0kEWA

I spent like all week editing the video so come hang out in chat and watch and stuff!

Also we have more Hypnospace news to share next year he he he. >: )

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

incredible

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
a new generation of squisherz??

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

I am in awe. This is really good.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

I just watched that videoclip and I now feel a moral duty to play this game

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer
You should, game's great. It made several goty lists as well which I was pleased to see. Well deserved!

Brick Shipment
Jun 22, 2009

I absolutely need squisherz to be real.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
There's a charming, detailed LP happening over yonder: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3921025

Also I'm working on more content for a possible console release. :0) Mostly just adding depth and more underground stuff to dig up during the endgame. Also Tamara is getting a few new songs.

When that's sorted I'll be working on some sort of physical edition so I can finally get that + shirts out to backers.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Gaspy Conana posted:

There's a charming, detailed LP happening over yonder: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3921025

Also I'm working on more content for a possible console release. :0) Mostly just adding depth and more underground stuff to dig up during the endgame. Also Tamara is getting a few new songs.

When that's sorted I'll be working on some sort of physical edition so I can finally get that + shirts out to backers.

Yeeeeees! More Tamara!!!

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
I see that Hypnospace Outlaw is going to part of Humble Bundle. That's got to be exciting. Congratulations!

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
Hypnospace is coming to Nintendo Switch, XBOX One, and PS4! It also comes with new content!
Also the controls on switch absolutely rule and I kinda prefer it to PC now, weirdly.

Check out this fancy trailer. The music took like 2 weeks to make because I got really obsessive about it being perfect.
https://twitter.com/jaytholen/status/1295753287111782400

more on the controls:
https://twitter.com/jaytholen/status/1295755811235520512

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tea.EarlGrey.Hot.
Mar 3, 2007

"I'd like to get my hands on that fellow Earl Grey and tell him a thing or two about tea leaves."
Yay!! I’m so excited. :) Thank you for making this great game more widely available.