Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Toalpaz posted:

I had you FOS'd before in Suffusion, I'm pretty sure you're more helpful and less dramatic as town.

Please point out to me which posts you see as "dramatic" thx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Toalpaz posted:

Here's the literal wording in Yami's case.

Hope it helps bif!

Running into thread to vote me for a reason that was immediately debunked by two players.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

although come to think of it, I sometimes get so literally dramatic as town that I will literally roleplay poo poo, so I don't think Toal really gets my town meta at all

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Toalpaz posted:

Running into thread to vote me for a reason that was immediately debunked by two players.

If you are somehow not scum would you freaking stop acting like the one worst possible interpretation you have in your head for everybody is the thing that is happening

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

\/o\/there are 4-5 scum players probably in thread and we're 2 hours out from deadline. 1/3 of town isn't playing, I'm town. I'm just making connections Bif.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I'm here. Just watching how things play out

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
my vote is staying where it is. now more than ever
(unless some crazy freakout happens in the next hour)

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

onsetOutsider posted:

my vote is staying where it is. now more than ever
(unless some crazy freakout happens in the next hour)

what? why? Do you seriously think I'm the most scummy person here

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

What do you think of my critique of Yami's original case?

Am I unreasonable for being pinged by it?

Is Yami right for voting me for casing him?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SalTheBard posted:

and what is this, vote somebody or give an opinion on something would ya

This is why I'm coming down so hard on your Yami case, Toal. gently caress all was happening almost day except some people starting to pile on Jimmy but instead of seeing that as a problem with the rest of the thread doing jack poo poo, you came down on the one guy who got that tiny pittance of D1 content even started. Yami actually trying to case somebody D1 even though the cases still suck doesn't make him scummy, on the contrary it is a very townie thing to do.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Bifauxnen posted:

This is why I'm coming down so hard on your Yami case, Toal. gently caress all was happening almost day except

maf edit: almost ALL day

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

onsetOutsider posted:

im getting sick of this train of thought

##push button for jimmydaled

I'm disappointed in you. You have received Vigs.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm torn between Yami and Toalpaz right now. I found myself agreeing with Yamis case against him. Today is my Saturday and I'm watching a 3 month old baby so that was more what I meant sorry.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

This is why I'm coming down so hard on your Yami case, Toal. gently caress all was happening almost day except some people starting to pile on Jimmy but instead of seeing that as a problem with the rest of the thread doing jack poo poo, you came down on the one guy who got that tiny pittance of D1 content even started. Yami actually trying to case somebody D1 even though the cases still suck doesn't make him scummy, on the contrary it is a very townie thing to do.

Yeah but I think it came from a scummy mindset.

I've explained why putting in effort and casing people as scum is good, and that case on Jimmy is the perfect scum case to make on town. Casing people as scum means that the vote doesn't swing onto a scum by accident late game.

It doesn't explain why Jimmy is scummy, only insinuates that Jimmy is scum for ~*~ reasons ~*~. that he doesn't explain very well, being hedgy about pushing a button is not scummy.

It's worth noting that you're also voting the person who's putting a sizable amount of effort into the game, playing mafia. So that point doesn't really track well.

Why is my effort bad and Yami's effort good?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I may as well get this out of the way ##vig Onset

You are the person I've most been waffeling on. I also found your post to AA incredibly ride so maybe this is partially OMGUS.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
seems like a good time to ##push button

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I'll be more clear, if you actually thought not voting people who put in effort is a valid point then you would probably look at Yami and I and call it a town slap fight.

You don't think that because I assume you have some vested interest in not reading the game in a natural way.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

You are the person I've most been waffeling on. I also found your post to AA incredibly ride so maybe this is partially OMGUS.

:eyepop:

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

You raise the gun and pull the trigger. Surprisingly, it fires correctly!

onsetOutsider, Scum Goon + Mystic + Vigoroso, has been vigged!

code:
Mystic: As a night action, gives a count of all actions taken that night
Vigoroso: Allows you to force three button presses

SolusLunes fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Mar 28, 2019

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

SolusLunes posted:

Okay can we kill yamii or db for that clear scum interaction I immediately called.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

What a scum interaction between DB and Onset. Both posted to caution away from button pushing... as if they don't want town to inviggin themselves. Both don't push button.... as if they're not able to.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Toalpaz posted:

Why is my effort bad and Yami's effort good?

because when you make an effort, you word your cases like this:

Toalpaz posted:

Scum will aggressively pursue lazy town lunches to ensure that the lunch choice doesn't swing around onto one of their members day 1. Look at how easily Jimmy gained 4 votes when the first one was placed. There's no reason for Yami to exclusively look at Jimmy or case Jimmy, the extent of their case is that Jimmy is lurking. All in all it seems like it's an attempt to force a low info lunch on someone who doesn't look like they'll fight back.

I think I'm finally putting my finger on at least one reason why you come off as so scummy all the time, at least to me. You often sound like you seriously can't even entertain the possibility that the interpretation you have in your own head of what otjer people are doing and thinking could be wrong. And that always grates on someone to be on the receiving end of that.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

SolusLunes posted:

Well gently caress me

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

lmao thanks Sal

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

seems like a good time to ##push button

You push the button. Nothing happens. Your heart skips a beat from the intense sense of dread you feel. You probably shouldn't push the button.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

If Dancer day cops me or Yami or DB we would get a TON of info that would drastically increase our chances of hitting scum atm.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
In light of this new information I need to reread thread

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Toalpaz posted:

If Dancer day cops me or Yami or DB we would get a TON of info that would drastically increase our chances of hitting scum atm.

seriously though wtf is Dancer's deal

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

seriously though wtf is Dancer's deal

rolled scum probably

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I feel better about Toal being town because I feel Yami and OO were cheerleading that cuddle

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Could someone at least tie DB and I?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
##push button

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
##vote DB

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SalTheBard posted:

I feel better about Toal being town because I feel Yami and OO were cheerleading that cuddle

wait which cuddle? You don't mean the Toal cuddle do you, cause OO was just sticking up for Toal saying how they were making more sense

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

Yeah I'd still be willing to do Yami, ideally I just want to wait until someone else is on him because there's no reason to risk multi lunches on town.

I pointed out earlier that OO was playing nice with me, but it was very much in the 'this player's flipping town and end of day I wont be convinced and vote Toal.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

##push button

You push the button. Nothing happens. It feels a little ominous, though. You probably shouldn't push the button.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

wait which cuddle? You don't mean the Toal cuddle do you, cause OO was just sticking up for Toal saying how they were making more sense

OO was supporting me, but earlier was voting with Yami and also obviously hedging and undermining my case while voting someone who had no discussion around them (you).

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

hm now that I go back to look at him though, there was the whole pronoun case

##unvote

oh wait plurality of mass death and all, that's no good

##vote DB

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

Scum narrative:

extremely KB voice: :henget:

I pointed out their scum interactions during the day, in regards to out of thread OO knowledge, and scum creating a narrative where I would seem outraged to undermine people's ability to trust my casing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I would be happy with Yami or DB to be clear and I think I caught them both with obvious early scum interactions.