Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
AA Dancer Nep Nep are the most suspect in my mind assuming there's a bunch of scum left. I would look at votes again and check out if there really was a multi lynch being set up via plurality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I actually haven't played around with plurality mechanics before. Anyone mind explaining that one to me?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Oh I see, is it vote leader dies if no hammer by end, and all die in event of a tie?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Nep-Nep posted:

I actually haven't played around with plurality mechanics before. Anyone mind explaining that one to me?

There is a cuddle on the person with the most votes regardless if the votes are the majority.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
So, for those who wanted Yami out, what would you say swayed you the most in feeling that way?

Sal, in particular, I'd like your thoughts on the matter. Was there any particular post by Yami, or point someone else made that made your trigger finger itchy?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Nep-Nep posted:

So, for those who wanted Yami out, what would you say swayed you the most in feeling that way?

Sal, in particular, I'd like your thoughts on the matter. Was there any particular post by Yami, or point someone else made that made your trigger finger itchy?

I felt like the interaction between Onset and Yami yesterday (particularly when they went after Toalpaz) made me feel worse about Yami.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

onsetOutsider posted:

toal, youre seeming much more rational to me the more you post long well reasoned cases. i still dont think yami is scum for thinking what they're thinking, the same as i dont think you're scum for thinking yami and i (and nep? and aa?) are scum. at first u seemed like u jumped to a lot of conclusions that i completely didnt see the connection between, but your point by point posts have made me understand your thought process better. i mean, i still dont think it was reasonable to case me + db + yami super early over one post each, but i do think your late-day arguments are pretty valid. yami's detailed post against you is really convincing too but i think it's more a case of being "not entirely correct" than being scum. i still think its most likely that neither of you two are scum. if you're that terrified of a like 7-man plurality lynch then i'll change my vote to db even tho i have literally no reason to suspect him..... but i'd obviously rather not

This post kinda bothering me in hindsight, it's a bit strange that DB ended up getting voted out even though onset said they were willing to vote against him.

Given the way Toal requested Sal vig "Yami or onset" and their general posting I think it'd be a twist if either they or Sal turned out to be scum, so I also think Toal made the push on DB at the end in good faith and in order to survive.

This vote from Bif

Bifauxnen posted:

hm now that I go back to look at him though, there was the whole pronoun case

##unvote

oh wait plurality of mass death and all, that's no good

##vote DB

Wasn't quite last minute. I don't find this vote particularly a problem either. There wasn't much time left.

I do think in hindsight AA's "gut read" on DB is not looking good.

Given Yami and Onset's flips, I don't think scum was trying to engineer a mass-lunch d1. Onset hung a really odd vote on Bif. While there could have been a plan to move it, the most viable plan for getting extra kills would have involved unvoting, so onset sticking his neck out with that vote doesn't particularly strike me as evidence of such a plan.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Toalpaz posted:

AA Dancer Nep Nep are the most suspect in my mind assuming there's a bunch of scum left. I would look at votes again and check out if there really was a multi lynch being set up via plurality

This is bologna.

Toalpaz posted:

watch how onset, yami, and nep nep have positioned themselves leaving extra frivolous votes around deadline on other people.

Yami and nep nep unvoted leaving dacer vote on jimmy near deadline, and voted someone to put them at 2 where they would only have to unvote.

Look how onset voted bif without casing her to push her to 1 near deadline.

Be mindful of AA's shade throw at DB near deadline.

Don't forget scum are trying to set up a multi lunch town.

Toalpaz posted:

I would be happy with Yami or DB to be clear and I think I caught them both with obvious early scum interactions.

Toalpaz posted:

Daycop DB or Onset I guarantee we're getting a scum result

Why is it shade when I was suspicious of db, but you were actively working to get him out?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote toal

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
There are things I don't like about Toal's posting in isolation like referring to votes as "frivolous" as if most d1 votes are going to lead anywhere solid, but I kinda can't see them as scum right now since I can't imagine pushing Sal to shoot their own teammate.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Nep-Nep posted:

There are things I don't like about Toal's posting in isolation like referring to votes as "frivolous" as if most d1 votes are going to lead anywhere solid, but I kinda can't see them as scum right now since I can't imagine pushing Sal to shoot their own teammate.

Seems like the type of unprovoked goading a scum does to seem town. I like my vote.

Toal's posts are rife with contradiction and shifting opinion that doesn't follow previously expressed opinions.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Haha it's funny you guys are thinking the same things I am. I guess it's possible his interacting with Onset is bussing. I didn't really give any indication of who I was going to vig shop toal didn't really guide me to that decision

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

hmmmm I got my own thoughts here but I still wanna hear from the new guys before we go all putting the popular opinion out there for them to follow

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Seems like the type of unprovoked goading a scum does to seem town. I like my vote.

Toal's posts are rife with contradiction and shifting opinion that doesn't follow previously expressed opinions.

I do concede that sounds possible. I agree with Bif that more posting by Humalong and IS would be great.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

SolusLunes posted:

I'm disappointed in you. You have received Viga.

Fancy.

Bifauxnen posted:

welp, near end of day I think Dancer should just be the official lunch if he still hasn't used his daycop. But with that established, might as well talk about other people till then.

Jimson's getting trial by polyhedron or something, so I'm looking at the new replacements we got. IS and Humalong, now that you've had time to read up, what are your thoughts?

I’ll delve into things more a little later as I’m just leaving the house for plans this evening, but I was reading along with the game before I joined, so I have a few surface-level thoughts:

- Didn’t expect the vig choice Sal made D1, but it worked out well. I think there’s some conclusions that can be drawn, even from D1 posting, that will narrow down the dunk choices for tonight, which is helpful.

- I’m not going to worry about lurkers at all in this game unless we are forced to. With a smaller game, I expect Solus will handle that stuff appropriately and I’d rather hunt scum among the people here posting. For any lurkers, either Solus can cover those or we can do it through random vigs or whatever.

Bifauxnen posted:

welp, near end of day I think Dancer should just be the official lunch if he still hasn't used his daycop. But with that established, might as well talk about other people till then.

I separated this out from your other quote because I wanted to respond to it directly; while I’m generally in agreement with this, I’d like to hear more from Dancer on why they were unafraid of waiting to use it. I don’t recall that being specifically addressed.

Also, because I’ll forget to mention this later, Bif for me falls into KB territory in that if she’s here past about Night 3 that probably means she’s 3P or scum. We’ll see how things play out, but CPig was a bit of a curious NK choice for scum in my book.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

IllegallySober posted:

We’ll see how things play out, but CPig was a bit of a curious NK choice for scum in my book.

I was surprised by that too. One commonality between CPig and Onset was they both forced other people to push the button even though that had been established as potentially dangerous. I would've probably gone after CPig over that today.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Yeah CPig was a bizarre NK choice in my book and not at all who I expected to be targeted.

I read through the thread in like 20 minutes after I replaced in, but I don’t remember much except a lot of shade throwing from everyone and not nearly enough ##push button.

Oh and dayvigging scum which is hilarious. Onset stuck their neck out quite a bit though.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Mr. Humalong posted:

Yeah CPig was a bizarre NK choice in my book and not at all who I expected to be targeted.

I read through the thread in like 20 minutes after I replaced in, but I don’t remember much except a lot of shade throwing from everyone and not nearly enough ##push button.

Oh and dayvigging scum which is hilarious. Onset stuck their neck out quite a bit though.

I'm disappointed in you. You have received Vignettes.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

SolusLunes posted:

I'm disappointed in you. You have received Vignettes.

Correction- no you haven't.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

No it’s too late you gave it to me.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

This isn’t fair! It’s not fair! I coulda been somebody!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Toalpaz posted:

Sal please vig Yami or onset it would make me feel very happy.

So here is a post that kind of flies in the face of Toal being secret scum person. This is D1 and they ask me to vig either town or scum. I don't think this is bussing because if it is it's a hell of a gamble that I want going to vig their teammate.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I also gave Sal another vig? If I was scum why not silently hand it to a team mate.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
That's very true however if you knew I had it pointed at Yami it would make sense to get me (confirmed town) to accidentally kill another townie. I feel confident thou are town but I was in a Pokemon game where I thought someone was town in a similar situation.

But Occams Razer states that simpler solutions are more likely to be correct than complex ones so right now I'm still operating under the assumption you are town because that's a hell of a gambit to pull off.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

SalTheBard posted:

That's very true however if you knew I had it pointed at Yami it would make sense to get me (confirmed town) to accidentally kill another townie. I feel confident thou are town but I was in a Pokemon game where I thought someone was town in a similar situation.

But Occams Razer states that simpler solutions are more likely to be correct than complex ones so right now I'm still operating under the assumption you are town because that's a hell of a gambit to pull off.

It could be a calculated risk, you were gently prodded towards using the vig this way:

Toalpaz posted:

Will you shoot Yami today Sal

Still, I think it's more likely that Toal is town than not at this point. At least today I don't think they should be the vote. Anyway, that statement, the fact that onset went with the really weird bif vote out of nowhere, none of that alone is odd but together I'm a little puzzled over it.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Thinking about this more, they've seemed to repeatedly have this idea of scum trying to set up a d1 mass kill, but also haven't actually voted anyone for it yet, nor has anyone else really jumped on the idea. If Toal was scum would that be brushed off that way? It'd be easy to manufacture at least a little momentum and those of us shaded for the possibility would really have no defense other than to say it wasn't. I guess that's a play I'd expect from a scum here that I haven't seen, so maybe I'm just overthinking this.

First choice to vote today probably still gonna be AA in that case.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Nep, at you specifically, I'd be interested to see why?

Look, occam's razor or not...

Toal says... beware this players shade. Shading that player for voicing suspicion.

VOTES that same player's target, and was more adamant with their conviction.

Is so convinced as to guarantee a scum result on them.

Now regarding sal and the vig:

Toalpaz posted:

Sal please vig Yami or onset it would make me feel very happy.
This is in response to onset sass.

Toalpaz posted:

See, Onset uses my proper pronouns before I complain to thread asking people to use my right pronouns, and then after I complain Onset uses the wrong ones?

Clearly scum that can't keep their position straight/out of thread knowledge in check.

Onset probably got all that 'crazy' talk because Yami was saying in scum chat that scum could push my buttons and cause me to melt down.
Does toal appear serious here?

It's not suspicious of me to find their call for the vig on onset as joking given the context.

onsetOutsider posted:

same.

also toalpaz calm down

This was in regard to...

Toalpaz posted:

Daycop DB or Onset I guarantee we're getting a scum result

So this with the full context of their conversation appears to be direct bussing.

Something that toal has done more than once.

Source: I was just an incompetent scum in a game with them where I sunk myself as godfather day 1 and toal did the same thing there.

Toalpaz posted:

Yeah It's been tied up for a long time. Ard never really responded to my argument even after bottle knight brought it up again in regards to the susp vote and unvote around Kasch earlier but ties are weird and I'm sure we'll learn something flipping AA. AA also has been solely focused on defending himself in a fairly weird way, including calling votes on him bad rather than casing other people well. So whatever.

##vote AA

This was half a day before the game day was over, and even prior to this, toal had been bussing me in cases.

To their credit. I played a poo poo game and it made sense, but I'm saying toal is not above blatantly bussing.

I think sal shooting onset is completely coincidental.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

I think sal shooting onset is completely coincidental.

I wish I could say I had a lazer read on Onset but I really thought he was kind of rude to you (Sorry Onset) and I figured what the hell.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

ehhhhh I really don't think it's Toal, even if Toal was gonna bus onset like crazy, a lot of the attention onset had to begin with started from his reaction to Toal making that pronoun case on him.

And onset didn't flip as a godfather or anything that would make Toal want to try and egg on people to investigate him.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I'm wondering if we should go back to JImmy/hum, personally.

I don't know what the test of the polyhedron by we really should kill dancer it feels like at this time.

I don't know where AA is coming from with this read, I don't understand it personally. I was feeling a lot of genuine frustration with those two and I think it was coming through.

I will say scum end of day were probably sad that Sal got Onset, but happy with the town that Sal and I were suspicious of. There's nothing to make of it other than they were probably quiet on the sidelines.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

if there's 3 scum left, and 7 players left, depending on how the lurker penalties happen it could be MLYL lol.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

if there's 3 scum left, and 7 players left, depending on how the lurker penalties happen it could be MLYL lol.

sorry, there are 9 left, but point still stands.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

What pings me here is that you post right before Onset posts a vote on bif, possibly indicating you're coordinating with Onset to split the vote and end the day early AA.

I'll let lurkers get sorted out by the rules.

##vote DB

I don't like the cut of your jib

You and Onset don't really post reasons for your votes, leaving them in low info places I suppose possibly hoping the multi lunch happens/having a home end of day that doesn't reveal much. You also weren't around end of day as if you were fine with the results.

Mostly gut feelings over there reaction to dancer. I can see wariness from JD given their having lurked and then saw inf die.

Still, I thought db acted as if they were trying to avoid it for reasons unknown

I choose to vote DB because it didn't look like you were around and I thought that DB had a scum interaction with Onset. I was mostly using your vote so that shenanigans didn't cause us to mistakenly lunch a lot of people, and I also wanted to tie up me and someone else when I placed it.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Toalpaz posted:

What pings me here is that you post right before Onset posts a vote on bif, possibly indicating you're coordinating with Onset to split the vote and end the day early AA.

You and Onset don't really post reasons for your votes, leaving them in low info places I suppose possibly hoping the multi lunch happens/having a home end of day that doesn't reveal much. You also weren't around end of day as if you were fine with the results.

I choose to vote DB because it didn't look like you were around and I thought that DB had a scum interaction with Onset. I was mostly using your vote so that shenanigans didn't cause us to mistakenly lunch a lot of people, and I also wanted to tie up me and someone else when I placed it.

Honestly, I hadn't realized the game was plurality until it was explained that you meant multi instead of chain lynch and even then that was in reviewing the day.

So it was a genuine read about a player's content at that point in the game which wasn't much. It was d1.

There are rules in place for lurkers so I had no reason to policy vote a player when the game would address it. Instead, I voiced an admittedly weak opinion based solely on my subjective take of their posts.

Ultimately, I don't think it is unreasonable play on my part. I can see how you might arrive at that conclusion, but your theory relies on me reading the OP as opposed to saying, "Oh boy, a new mafia game!" And sitting :v: until I receive a PM or disc ding, and that's my truth.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

are there other people you're suspicious of AA?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Nep-Nep posted:

I was surprised by that too. One commonality between CPig and Onset was they both forced other people to push the button even though that had been established as potentially dangerous. I would've probably gone after CPig over that today.

At least in CPig’s case, he blew all three shots of that immediately upon receiving it, so he was pretty up-front about it. I don’t get the sense he was particularly discriminate about his targets either.

SolusLunes posted:

I'm disappointed in you. You have received Vigoroso.

CapitalistPig posted:

##push button for toalpaz

CapitalistPig posted:

##push button for bif

CapitalistPig posted:

##push button for onsetOutsider

CapitalistPig posted:

My vigoroso ability allowed me to press the button for other people 3 times.

I used it all now.

CapitalistPig posted:

Because it's funny

Obviously since CPig and Onset have both already flipped, it’s kind of a moot point, but still.

Delving further into button mechanic spec (because why not), I can’t prove this right now via mobile but my general sense of memory tells me everyone who’s pushed the button has received something (along with the corresponding “I’m disappointed in you”) and further presses have resulted in nothing other than the repeated presses that led to the Inf self-vig. Do I have that correct?

Also, is there anyone left who has yet to press the button?

Also also:

##push button

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Nep, at you specifically, I'd be interested to see why?

Mostly the DB vote you put down bothers me and admittedly I don't particularly have a better scum read on anyone else. My gut makes me feel like it's Toal but when I look at this with reason I feel like that doesn't make much sense.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

IllegallySober posted:

Delving further into button mechanic spec (because why not), I can’t prove this right now via mobile but my general sense of memory tells me everyone who’s pushed the button has received something (along with the corresponding “I’m disappointed in you”) and further presses have resulted in nothing other than the repeated presses that led to the Inf self-vig. Do I have that correct?

Yes. It seems like that you can press the button once per day and get an ability. The interesting thing is the gun I got D1 was claimable by anyone and didn't follow the "Vig-" naming convention. I'm assuming this was a one off.

quote:

Also, is there anyone left who has yet to press the button?

Unless I didn't see it Nep and Hum have not

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SalTheBard posted:

Yes. It seems like that you can press the button once per day and get an ability. The interesting thing is the gun I got D1 was claimable by anyone and didn't follow the "Vig-" naming convention. I'm assuming this was a one off.

Unless I didn't see it Nep and Hum have not

I'd be up for voting Hum today, also cause out of the two replacements, IS seems like he's putting in the work more to get all caught up to speed.

But first

##vote Dancer

wtf dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Bifauxnen posted:

I'd be up for voting Hum today, also cause out of the two replacements, IS seems like he's putting in the work more to get all caught up to speed.

But first

##vote Dancer

wtf dude

It's really loving frustrating that people have just ghosted the gently caress out of this game.