Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Where the hell did both my PGO shots come from that I received yesterday? I assume Nep-Nep was the first, but what about the second?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Hmm maybe the mystery of who lied would have been solved if we killed Bif first at that critical junction?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Toalpaz posted:

Hmm maybe the mystery of who lied would have been solved if we killed Bif first at that critical junction?

Yes, you were right. I was wrong. I’m sorry.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I was at least right about a living Bif D4 being scum :(

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mr. Humalong posted:

Interested to read this.

Willing to believe it is Toal and Bif. They have played a good light bussing game. Onset was a new scum player so losing them and gaining town cred doing it would be a positive net play for Toal. I believe it was also Toal who floated the “if Bif isn’t NKed by day 3 then she’s scum” idea. Easy for Bif to lie about deathproof once they discovered Toal was blocked.

I don’t see scum Sal using a dayvig to kill a teammate.

Dark horse would be AA, I voted to see what Toal’s reaction would be.

:colbert:

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Lmao scumdoc:

Got shot before I could wake up and finish making my point...

gg everyone, it was definitely fun.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

Bif playing overconfidently isn't what I was doing,

We've narrowed the people down who could have taken a killing action against you down to 2 people. You or Sal, where before it was you, Sal, or Nep Nep.

You can understand why I pushed Nep Nep once you claimed to have been the target. Sal looks townie. If you weren't lying Nep Nep is the only one who could have performed the kill on you.

Now the only person who could have performed the kill on you is Sal. And the fact that you don't seem cognizant of that point is frightening, and I think it indicates that you have another agenda beyond 'finding scum'.

:colbert:

I should have been less stubborn about Bif though and followed up with you on AA Hum, considering there probably was a second scumbo.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
lmao! the button won the game. Wow.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Wish I pushed the button more

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i wish i didnt die on day 1 lol
but somehow i still won so...

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

So even if I had “optimally” used the bus drive I was considering, best case scenario would have been nobody dies, worst-case scenario (me<->Hum) both Hum and Bif die to my PGO and scum win anyway 1 vs. 1. Right?

Edit: Hum and AA, not Bif

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

IllegallySober posted:

So even if I had “optimally” used the bus drive I was considering, best case scenario would have been nobody dies, worst-case scenario (me<->Hum) both Hum and Bif die to my PGO and scum win anyway 1 vs. 1. Right?

yes, scum win if it's 1v1 because of NK.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Thanks for running the game, Solus. I had fun even if I’m terrible at this (and my occasional forays into Mafia remind me why).

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

IllegallySober posted:

I was at least right about a living Bif D4 being scum :(

oh nooo cmon even when I was super active obvious townie in YGO mafia I lived till endgame!

so Solus, what would the Viggo Mortensen power be?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Bifauxnen posted:

oh nooo cmon even when I was super active obvious townie in YGO mafia I lived till endgame!

It’s a compliment, you’re a good player :)

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

IllegallySober posted:

It’s a compliment, you’re a good player :)

I know but it's a very troublesome compliment when I am scum :cheeky:

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Bifauxnen posted:

I never added it in :v:

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I died in the lamest way possible in this game

I'm the lamest mafia player on these forums :smith:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Dick Bastardly posted:

I died in the lamest way possible in this game

I'm the lamest mafia player on these forums :smith:

No that's the guy that literally voted himself out

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack
i still think toalpaz was scum

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

SalTheBard posted:

No that's the guy that literally voted himself out

Oh ok cool! :)

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol im scum and i thought toalpaz was scum

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

onsetOutsider posted:

:lol:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

:negative:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Your implosion made me feel pangs of satisfied guilt if it helps any.

That and the brutal cop on nep.

I was for the last two game days.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

onsetOutsider posted:

I don’t feel quite so bad then :mrgw:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:wtc:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I like how the mod just decided to let scum win because.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?
This was a fun read. I was surprised to see a button game go 22 pages.

Cause the last one I remember was only 5

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

I like how the mod just decided to let scum win because.

friend I'm not changing the central conceit of the game at lylo, that'd be dumb

besides if town wanted to win they could have:

A: not suicided at 4:2
B: not self-voted at three to execute

I only kept doing what I had been doing and changing that at lylo would have been putting my thumb on the scale far more than anything you're trying to accuse me of

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

SolusLunes posted:

friend I'm not changing the central conceit of the game at lylo, that'd be dumb

besides if town wanted to win they could have:

A: not suicided at 4:2
B: not self-voted at three to execute

I only kept doing what I had been doing and changing that at lylo would have been putting my thumb on the scale far more than anything you're trying to accuse me of

Orrr, it would have allowed the game to play out at lylo instead of making the entire game a pointless waste of time.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

Orrr, it would have allowed the game to play out at lylo instead of making the entire game a pointless waste of time.

lylo is the best time to make unannounced changes to the game

e: snarking aside, if the button had been turned off, it would have been scum endgame, or there would have been complaints about how the plurality lynch was resolved (do read the OP about that). Even if there had been a no-lynch selected, and Hum correctly vigged scum, it would have still been 1v1. In those cases, scum wins.

Leaving the button on was really the only chance town had.

SolusLunes fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Apr 5, 2019

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
:five: I pressed a button

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

b-minus1 posted:

<3 u bby

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

b-minus1 posted:

same. 5

also cpig take a chill pill. town blew it and it isn't the mod's fault

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I warned town the first button press each day wasn't safe!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Have you considered that perhaps you should have allowed me to take two night actions? It only seems fair and balanced.