Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse
The lions and the lambs ain't sleeping yet

oh this sounds hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

##push button
##hold button
##hold button
##hold button
##hold button

##push button
##push button
##push button
##hold button
##hold button

##push button
##push button
##push button
##push button
##push button

##hold button
##push button
##push button
##push button

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

SalTheBard posted:

I'm vigging Bif regardless of alignment. I expect Bif to vig me back

Sal you just confused the hell out of me

I miss flerp's cute dog avatars

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

hello can my button thing be Viggo Mortensen plz

##push button

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

I have now fulfilled my wincon by making the mod regret their choices in life, I'll be absconding anytime now bye losers

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Yami Fenrir posted:

How about we daycop toal instead so we know if we should lynch them when they start going insane again

hey wait Yami isn't going on about his eternal rivalry with me or trying to get sempai to notice him, this is suspicious

##vote yami

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Yami Fenrir posted:

Bif how about we do that thing where you team up with your rival and discover the true meaning of friendship

that is literally my favourite thing

##unvote

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

SalTheBard posted:

I can still vig you as promised

what is the deal with that actually, whatever game you're thinking of must be another Tuesday or something

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

jimmydalad posted:

I mean, the button did just kill someone. :shrug:

yeah after he pushed it what, like ten times

what's the matter, you chicken?

##vote jimmy

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Do you think my vote is a joke vote, onset?

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

onsetOutsider posted:

also bif you voted for the wrong person! lol. u voted for someone who hasnt even spoken yet

hey I can't be held responsible for someone deliberately tampering with votefinder ok!

my vote on Jimmy may have sounded humorous, but it was as serious as an early D1 vote can be, actually

You can now consider it a serious vote for Jimson instead though, since as onset has pointed out, he hasn't even spoken yet.

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

aw yeah I am definitely the most anime

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

ask me about the time I literally healed a man with the power of love and friendship

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

SalTheBard posted:

How did you heal a man with the power of anime?

it was in peramene's Riven game, a giant roleplaying game, it was awesome, there was this dude who was supposed to be dead from the previous game but it turned out he wasn't, he'd been turned into a cyborg cause of his injuries and had amnesia but I wrote the most loving awesome heartfelt letter that the GMs decided he should get his memory back!

the end btw I am fairly drunk rn so ama

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

too late probably, sobering up now cause I got work in the morning and all

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

btw this is my first time drunkposting as town finally! before I was SK or scum and I wanted so bad to get around to it as town so it didn't become a meta thing that I only drunkposted when I wanted more town cred, glad that is sorted now

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Dancer posted:

Modkill pls

dude you can accomplish this yourself very easily if this is serious

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

or wait did you mean someone *else*

sorry I may not be totally 100% sobered up yet

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

SalTheBard posted:

I 100% agree with you. I've never been in a game where voting D1 Lurker gleaned any sort of useful information.

on the other hand, D1 is one of the least costly times to get no info from the lunch.

the main advantage to hunting down lurkers though isn't so much in actually lunching them, but in making the threat real enough that people feel compelled to try and post more. Especially scum who are lurking cause they feel awkward.

Anyway, later I will gladly move my hijacked vote back to Jimmy where it belongs, cause who would sign up for this game and then not wanna push the button?

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

SalTheBard posted:

But it's not like Jimson will get a text message on his phone telling him that Onset voted for him and to get in the thread and post.

he might if he is close enough with his scumbros to trust them with his personal contact details

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

SalTheBard posted:

Thats true. Do you have my phone number in case someone votes for me? It's 867-5309

cmon dude I'm in Australia I need your area code too

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

I actually agree in a way that it is freaking me out that no one else besides Jimmy was being seriously cased at all, but I don't think its Yami

pushing Yami is a scummier push than Jimmy imo. "Jimmy not pushing the button and being cagey about not pushing the button" is a decent thing to case him over. "Yami bothering to make the only good case in the game so far" however, is a weird thing to call him out on.

##vote Toal

no wait, fake edit, Sal jumping in to agree with that is way worse

##vote Sal

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Toalpaz posted:

It isn't decent to case someone over whether or not they push button. Button doesn't seem to have any impact on alignment.

We have a player in the game (onset) who can literally make Jimmy push button, and case should evaporate. It's an empty case, not designed to catch scum.

that's not entirely what the case is though. Like yeah it started out just poking him about it but he also reacted with those weird justifications and sounded all waffly all "oh well I don't know if it's more scummy to not hit the button or to actually hit the button"

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

like yeah its a weak case, but it is D1, and it is like the first real attempt to case

calling the first case in the game out just sounds like scum who couldn't even make any case till someone else made one so they could point at it and call it bad

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

also, it doesn't matter if someone else pushes the button for him, he has to want to do the dishespush the button

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Jimmy isn't just a lurker case though, Jimson was the lurker case

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Dancer posted:

If I decide to end the day without having used my thing, which I might, it will be in full knowledge of that. Don't just assume the day-cop will be happening today.

wtf for someone all "if you don't push the button you are passing up this small chance of possibly becoming cop" you sure are accepting the chance of possibly becoming dead before you can use it

and it's actually a DAY cop? why the hell would you not use it especially after you were already prancing around all "ooh look at me I got a cop"

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

SalTheBard posted:

I think what would be super helpful is if Dancer Daycop'd either Yami or Toalpaz. Not that I trust Dancer super hard or anything but any information would be more useful than no information.

hey how did you know it was a daycop

I just checked and Dancer only said he got "a cop"

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

onsetOutsider posted:

it was in the button mod post iirc

the hell

oh it got edited modkill Solus plz

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Nep-Nep posted:

Thinking about Dancer holding off on the day cop it strikes me as suboptimal play but not a scum tell, since I think scum could just easily use the command to cop someone they know is town, then say "oh yeah I got a town result" and it would be true and non-controversial.

yeah I don't wanna vote him or anything, I just want him to use the freakin daycop

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

lol ok

btw why do you say Toal is acting crazy, that seems kind of insensitive especially when Toal sounds perfectly cool and collected, just prolly wrong and scummy

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

hmmm I forgot Yami said that too, but at least he was talking about when you may go insane in the future, not claiming it had already happened

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

I will reread that early day stuff though cause I prolly just read it as jokephase, and prolly still will tbh but we shall see

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

did that KB case actually pan out before? I already forgot which game that was from. I'm wary of taking it seriously though when last game my own drat scumteam was still getting my pronouns wrong in endgame even

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

hey is this the "crazy" thing you were talking about onset, cause it seems to be the only post that comes close:

Toalpaz posted:

What a scum interaction between DB and Onset. Both posted to caution away from button pushing... as if they don't want town to inviggin themselves. Both don't push button.... as if they're not able to.

jimmydalad posted:

So right now I'm being swallowed up by Final Fantasy XIV and that's sort of taking time that I probably should have put into this game.

I'm not really getting the whole "why join this game if you aren't going to push the button?" narrative that's going on. Is it strange that I'm not compelled to push a button we've been told not to push? :v:

Then again, I could just be being weird about that.

yes, you are being weird about it!

there's been a clear established pattern of everyone getting some prize when they push the button for the first time. At least before Dancer was right, why not see if you get a daycop or something else cool?

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Nep-Nep posted:

The case on jimmy was related to posting and statements about button pushing and not, regardless of will, whether or not jimmy pushed the button. Forcing jimmydalad to do it doesn't resolve that issue at all, what?

yeah the whole thing is silly, much like whatshisface voting for me, but I will try and be nice to the newbie for now

I think the push on Yami is the scummiest thing going today, so I would most like to lunch Toal or Sal. Toal is pushing it way harder and I agree with that last Yami post where Toal seems to be willfully missing the points Yami's actually made, so Toal is looking like the scummier of the two again. But I'll leave my vote on Sal for now so he's not forgotten - getting right in on Toal's dodgy case while also shoving all the responsibility off on Toal (oh I'll trust Toal's judgement!) kinda smells fishy to me.

And Sal backing off it so soon might be cause he confused Jimmy and Jimson... or it could be a handy excuse to bail once he saw I was gonna make a big stink about it. I do distinctly remember Sal calling me "terrifying" in an obschat once :sun:

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

ah poo poo I keep forgetting Sal actually got a vig for real and isn't just continuing his pregame joke

maybe if a certain someone used their daycop already, it could help direct Sal's vig? Like if you find a scum, then even if Sal is scum, he better shoot that scum or he's gonna get it

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Toalpaz posted:

I don't understand how you could be so sure that Jimmy is a worthy vote, and then come around to conclude that because you think I'm defending a scum buddy it's worth voting me instead. Now you're assuming the alignment of Jimmy, to make a case on me for your vote. Which makes your vote more precarious, and less well reasoned.

Here you go putting words in people's mouth and you wonder why you look scummy. Defending a scumbro is just one possibility, pocketing a townie is another. Maybe Jimmy is town and you as scum know he's town, so that's why you know the case is bad. Lets you look all nice and involved casing someone new instead of just lazy-voting Jimmy.

I really don't like how you're pushing the idea that you can only be cased if Jimmy is a scumbro you're defending. You're not scummy for defending Jimmy, Jimmy's alignment doesn't even matter when you already look plenty scummy enough for how you made your case against Yami.

##vote Toal

prolly not moving my vote anymore

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

onsetOutsider posted:

toal, youre seeming much more rational to me the more you post long well reasoned cases.

lol what is it with people always coming in to defend Toal just when I'm in the middle of writing up jow much I think they're hitting peak scum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

onsetOutsider posted:

@bif im too lazy to quote it properly cuz im pone posting, but yami DID say this

"All in all this reads to me as a BAD, BAD attack on a case in an attempt to protect a scumbuddy."

yeah, I did see that cause I went to go look again but I still really don't like how Toal is framing everything up like the case is only worthwhile if Yami's right about Toal AND Jimmy. I'm feeling more like Jimmy is town, he was just the first thing to get anything close to a serious case, so Toal decided to ride on in and use that to attack Yami.

It always drives me up the wall when people get all up in arms about the literal first cases of D1 being bad, like that earns them any cred at all