Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I've gotta play the odds here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

##push bootaan

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I'm going to vig myself regardless of my alignment once I get a vig.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Nep-Nep posted:

I got my role PM early so I'm breaking the rules and posting it.

modkill imo

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

##push button

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

SolusLunes posted:

I'm very disappointed in you. You have recieved Vigilantisms.

Thank you oh wise button. I shall do a vigilantism soon.

##vote lynch no one!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

push button if you're not scum imo

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

##push button

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

What a scum interaction between DB and Onset. Both posted to caution away from button pushing... as if they don't want town to inviggin themselves. Both don't push button.... as if they're not able to.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

##vote db

see you day 2

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Daycop DB or Onset I guarantee we're getting a scum result

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Yami Fenrir posted:

How about we daycop toal instead so we know if we should lynch them when they start going insane again

So db, yami, and onset? Ok.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Infinitum posted:

##push button

rest in peace brave one

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

we can use the button to have 2 lunches a day if we force scummy people to push button probably. I'm assuming it kills you eventually

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I pushed button the second time the first time, I have nothing to hide.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

o7

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

:gbsmith:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Yami Fenrir posted:

How about we daycop toal instead so we know if we should lynch them when they start going insane again

onsetOutsider posted:

same.

also toalpaz calm down

onsetOutsider posted:

wtf is that lol

also I just realized solus wasnt disappointed in toalpaz the 2nd time they pushed it.

extremely KB voice: :henget:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

That'd be a bad precedent to set. I think it's more that this is what toal did in a specific game that kinda ended up detrimental to town.

I think it's a little unfair to say it was detrimental to town, considering I spent the whole day arguing to lunch someone who turned out to be scum for reasons that turned out to be all correct (our roles filled similar functions, scum claimed in a weird and bad way that looked bad with no details, and scum offered very little reads).

I spent most of that game arguing against 3 townies who were just so sure it was my scum game for bad meta reasons that it looked bad, because to them I just had to be lying. However most of town was uncomfortable voting me end of day with half the votes lunching me being not town.

As much as certain people point to me and say I really screwed that up d2, I did everything I could to play a decent game. Watching town drop the ball and get led by the nose by scum the rest of the game made me feel a lot better, especially cpig constantly promising he was going to reread the game before failing to do that and showing up at deadline to hammer town 2 days in the row, as town, after berating me for being obvious lying scum.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Yami Fenrir posted:

First you're saying it's suspicious, now you're just scared.

Who would be scared of pushing the button while also trying to shade people pushing the button?

Scum, that's who.

##vote jimmydalad

Do you think Yami's vote is a joke vote onset?

My pronouns are they them friends.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

onsetOutsider posted:

uh yeah. you dont?

whats funny?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

:ohdear:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

##vote Yami

its a scum push

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Scum will aggressively pursue lazy town lunches to ensure that the lunch choice doesn't swing around onto one of their members day 1. Look at how easily Jimmy gained 4 votes when the first one was placed. There's no reason for Yami to exclusively look at Jimmy or case Jimmy, the extent of their case is that Jimmy is lurking. All in all it seems like it's an attempt to force a low info lunch on someone who doesn't look like they'll fight back.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

I actually agree in a way that it is freaking me out that no one else besides Jimmy was being seriously cased at all, but I don't think its Yami

pushing Yami is a scummier push than Jimmy imo. "Jimmy not pushing the button and being cagey about not pushing the button" is a decent thing to case him over. "Yami bothering to make the only good case in the game so far" however, is a weird thing to call him out on.

##vote Toal

no wait, fake edit, Sal jumping in to agree with that is way worse

##vote Sal

It isn't decent to case someone over whether or not they push button. Button doesn't seem to have any impact on alignment.

We have a player in the game (onset) who can literally make Jimmy push button, and case should evaporate. It's an empty case, not designed to catch scum.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Dancer posted:

If I decide to end the day without having used my thing, which I might, it will be in full knowledge of that. Don't just assume the day-cop will be happening today.

Any thoughts on current events? Or just stopping by because someone remembered you had that?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

It would be super cool if people, like jimmy for instance, might post.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Scum narrative:

Yami Fenrir posted:

onsetOutsider posted:

same.

also toalpaz calm down

onsetOutsider posted:

wtf is that lol

also I just realized solus wasnt disappointed in toalpaz the 2nd time they pushed it.

extremely KB voice: :henget:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Sal please vig Yami or onset it would make me feel very happy.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

See, Onset uses my proper pronouns before I complain to thread asking people to use my right pronouns, and then after I complain Onset uses the wrong ones?

Clearly scum that can't keep their position straight/out of thread knowledge in check.

Onset probably got all that 'crazy' talk because Yami was saying in scum chat that scum could push my buttons and cause me to melt down.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Killing Yami is the only way we hit scum, that case is fake.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I'm not wrong about your case, the only people behind it hyping it up seem to be biff, nep nep, and onset originally. It wasn't very good or convincing apparently because you and others aren't voting on it lol.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I don't understand how you could be so sure that Jimmy is a worthy vote, and then come around to conclude that because you think I'm defending a scum buddy it's worth voting me instead. Now you're assuming the alignment of Jimmy, to make a case on me for your vote. Which makes your vote more precarious, and less well reasoned.

There's nothing scummy about willingness to push a button or not and nothing will convince me otherwise. It seems like a low effort case on town unwilling to fight back and lo and behold Jimmy came back only to double down and dig in.

I'd be willing to do Jimmy now because Jimmy so far has been reluctant to participate in the game and refuses to post any reads, which is a real reason to vote someone for being scum, but I'm not going to act like your case didn't immediately convince me that you're scum.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Okay I didn't do a point by point re-read of your case and assumed town could read through your case and come to the conclusion you were faking content themselves.

Yami Fenrir posted:

First you're saying it's suspicious, now you're just scared.

Who would be scared of pushing the button while also trying to shade people pushing the button?

Scum, that's who.

##vote jimmydalad

Jimmy doesn't sound scared in the post. That's not a good point.

Why would scum be scared of pushing button, as far as we know it gives them powers. If scum team is any good, they can cross reference their powers to know every power role town has. Thus controlling how powers are used in thread and knowning who to kill at night. This game seems skewed in scum's favour given that scum know the people with PR's and also can convince town to vig themselves.

There's no argument in this post for why it's scummy to hedge about pushing the button or not. You're inviting the reader to make up their own reasons that 'make sense'. You don't have a real argument that Jimmy is scum here.

Yami Fenrir posted:

My vote on jimmy isn't a joke vote, fyi. It's not the best case, but given D1, I'm willing to go with this.

What's pinging my about jimmy is the following posts:

Empty shadethrowing, also the way it flows into his next posts when I make a joke about it don't sit right with me.

I feel like this is overly defensive about not pushing the button, especially after 'wondering what's more suspicious'. Given the fact that scum is naturally more hesitant to push the button, as they don't want to risk losing one of their own, this is suspicious to me.

This post doesn't help either. Neither do the rest of jimmy's posts - they're either defending themselves or chaff. Could be scum trying to lay low.

Either way, my vote is staying where it is.

Calling that jimmy post 'throw shading' is a stretch.

Scum shouldn't be naturally more hesitant to press a button. It hands out PR's. There's nothing 'shady' about not pushing a button. It's not optimal for town, but certainly isn't good for scum considering they could literally roll vig and vig a town PR.

Jimmy defending his weird choice to not press button is expected, if people keep asking about why he's acting weirdly. Jimmy does not seem to be laying low.

There, I've gone over your case and it's poo poo. Hope this helps you develop as a player and a mod.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

##vote DB

Its plurality lunch so if nep nep or yami unvote they could lunch up to 7 town players or something.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

watch how onset, yami, and nep nep have positioned themselves leaving extra frivolous votes around deadline on other people.

Yami and nep nep unvoted leaving dacer vote on jimmy near deadline, and voted someone to put them at 2 where they would only have to unvote.

Look how onset voted bif without casing her to push her to 1 near deadline.

Be mindful of AA's shade throw at DB near deadline.

Don't forget scum are trying to set up a multi lunch town.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Anyways if there's anything I learned about playing town it's what daddy picard told me:

'It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose, that is not weakness that is life town.' (picard, stardate xxxx)

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Yami Fenrir posted:

As most of the things you wrote in response, your accusation of setting up a chain lynch is bogus. I specifically said that i am willing to entertain the idea of jimmy being town, especially since i already said the jimmy case was fairly weak myself.

I never said that, care to explain where that is? It would be bad if you were too insane to play properly and just started making poo poo up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Yami Fenrir posted:

Here. Anyway back to work for me.

Its plurality lynch. Everyone dies on a tie. Not a chain lynch.