Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

I've had my body thoroughly eviscerated by you pack wolves recently, and this shredded meat is free to be shredded again. Sign me up and give me a gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

My body is ready.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

You have once again entered a world of survival horror. Good luck.

I check my inventory.
IF I have a knife, I equip it.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

I close my inventory and equip my knife.

"I solemnly swear to never push the button. It is a god forsaken relic of another time. A dark and luring mechanism to undo the civility that binds us as human beings. gently caress that button."

I activate stab stance and slash at the open air.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

onsetOutsider posted:

....ok sorry that was mean.

i forgot this is day 1 where being serious doesnt matter

It's ok, no one likes my gimmicks, It's for my own amusement. So eat my butt, and I forgive you.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

It's ok, no one likes my gimmicks, It's for my own amusement. So eat my butt, and I forgive you.

BUt I'll drop it.

But if I ever get a gun.... you're on the short list. Your sass has been noted.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

ANYONE ELSE WANT TO GET ON THE SHORTLIST, I'VE GOT DEATH GAZES FOR DAYS, BABY

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

SolusLunes posted:

You push the button. Nothing happens. It feels a little ominous, though. You probably shouldn't push the button.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

##push button
Fine

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

Dancer posted:

It's ok AA, I like gimmick posting. Please continue. The more people are enraged by it the better.

Eh, my heart's not in it. I just wanted to use one of my standard opening posts.

"Once again entered..."
"oh boy..."
"strange, my PM says I'm the best..."

etc.

I'm just a crazy person, so it's coolcoolcool

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

My god... I've just realized... I can pull off my best gimmick yet....

Competent, rational individual.

It'll be a challenge, but I'll try.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

What happens if I do this twice.

##push button

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

Toalpaz posted:

we can use the button to have 2 lunches a day if we force scummy people to push button probably. I'm assuming it kills you eventually

How do you force someone to do that though lol.

HEY YOU, PUSH THE BUTTON OR ELSE.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

drat son!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

Nep-Nep posted:

I'm saving my first button push for when I feel it's right.

AS it should be. It's your button push, you do it on your own terms.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

Yami Fenrir posted:

I prefer non-gimmick AA to gimmick AA, tbh.

None of you have the refined senses necessary to enjoy the self-amused ramblings of a mad man.

:sad:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

In any case, since pushing a button can kill you. I think everyone should at least push it once as a measure of good faith. Who has yet to press the button.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

Kilobyte

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

onsetOutsider posted:

so what youre saying is this is how toal acts when theyre town aligned?

That'd be a bad precedent to set. I think it's more that this is what toal did in a specific game that kinda ended up detrimental to town.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

https://candybox2.github.io have fun

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

jimmydalad posted:

I can't tell if it's more suspicious to push or not push the button.

*edges forward from darkness*

Push it, young dalad

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

The optimal strat would be to wait until Solus is sleeping, and then everyone push the button at least 1000x

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

I can confirm that everything the button does is not good. I got a negative utility from it. :v:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

Toalpaz posted:

I think it's a little unfair to say it was detrimental to town, considering I spent the whole day arguing to lunch someone who turned out to be scum for reasons that turned out to be all correct (our roles filled similar functions, scum claimed in a weird and bad way that looked bad with no details, and scum offered very little reads).

I spent most of that game arguing against 3 townies who were just so sure it was my scum game for bad meta reasons that it looked bad, because to them I just had to be lying. However most of town was uncomfortable voting me end of day with half the votes lunching me being not town.

As much as certain people point to me and say I really screwed that up d2, I did everything I could to play a decent game. Watching town drop the ball and get led by the nose by scum the rest of the game made me feel a lot better, especially cpig constantly promising he was going to reread the game before failing to do that and showing up at deadline to hammer town 2 days in the row, as town, after berating me for being obvious lying scum.

I'm sorry toal, I didnt mean it as an attack. I was just reinterpreting that post to read as I interpreted it.

Mostly for the sake that offset and others wouldn't say, "Oh, well if that was his town game and it is similar... :thunk:"

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

onset*

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

Toalpaz posted:

Do you think Yami's vote is a joke vote onset?

My pronouns are they them friends.

Apologies

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

onsetOutsider posted:

what? negative utility? isn't that an oxymoron?

Negative Utility Roles

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

Should also include role modifiers

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

Dick Bastardly posted:

I dont know what your on about Dancer. It's not a fake day action I just made a mistake with the formatting.

##push button there better?

Seems like a self-conscious reaction to what looked like a joke.

:thunk:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

Yami Fenrir posted:

First you're saying it's suspicious, now you're just scared.

Who would be scared of pushing the button while also trying to shade people pushing the button?

Scum, that's who.

##vote jimmydalad

I feel like this is a valid case from Yams. I also had stated previously that I thought it would be a good idea to press the button at least once.

Such reluctance seems born of prescient knowledge, and that is suspicious.

I can confirm that everything the button does is not good. I got a negative utility from it. :v:

This is true. I imagine I'm not the only one too.

Bifauxnen posted:

yeah after he pushed it what, like ten times

what's the matter, you chicken?

##vote jimmy

I can never tell with Bif-chan. At times their accusations seem loaded and I read them with too much sincerity and get stuck on how she must be scum. However, this looks like a joke with the chicken goading.

Toalpaz posted:

Do you think Yami's vote is a joke vote onset?

My pronouns are they them friends.

Agreed, yami's vote appears to be legitimate.

Seems like a self-conscious reaction to what looked like a joke.

:thunk:

I still feel DB looks weird for this.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

Whoops, catching up on mobile. That post wasn't ready yet. But yeah catching up.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

It is reasonable to assume that a single button press won't kill you. Unless you have knowledge that the average town might not have and can invalidate this I believe that not pushing the button at least once is suspicious.

Even though there is the risk of receiving something adverse or marginally beneficial.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

I'll let lurkers get sorted out by the rules.

##vote DB

I don't like the cut of your jib

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

Nep-Nep posted:

What in particular makes you choose this vote?

Mostly gut feelings over there reaction to dancer. I can see wariness from JD given their having lurked and then saw inf die.

Still, I thought db acted as if they were trying to avoid it for reasons unknown

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

##push button

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

Toalpaz posted:

AA Dancer Nep Nep are the most suspect in my mind assuming there's a bunch of scum left. I would look at votes again and check out if there really was a multi lynch being set up via plurality

This is bologna.

Toalpaz posted:

watch how onset, yami, and nep nep have positioned themselves leaving extra frivolous votes around deadline on other people.

Yami and nep nep unvoted leaving dacer vote on jimmy near deadline, and voted someone to put them at 2 where they would only have to unvote.

Look how onset voted bif without casing her to push her to 1 near deadline.

Be mindful of AA's shade throw at DB near deadline.

Don't forget scum are trying to set up a multi lunch town.

Toalpaz posted:

I would be happy with Yami or DB to be clear and I think I caught them both with obvious early scum interactions.

Toalpaz posted:

Daycop DB or Onset I guarantee we're getting a scum result

Why is it shade when I was suspicious of db, but you were actively working to get him out?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

##vote toal

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

Nep-Nep posted:

There are things I don't like about Toal's posting in isolation like referring to votes as "frivolous" as if most d1 votes are going to lead anywhere solid, but I kinda can't see them as scum right now since I can't imagine pushing Sal to shoot their own teammate.

Seems like the type of unprovoked goading a scum does to seem town. I like my vote.

Toal's posts are rife with contradiction and shifting opinion that doesn't follow previously expressed opinions.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

Nep, at you specifically, I'd be interested to see why?

Look, occam's razor or not...

Toal says... beware this players shade. Shading that player for voicing suspicion.

VOTES that same player's target, and was more adamant with their conviction.

Is so convinced as to guarantee a scum result on them.

Now regarding sal and the vig:

Toalpaz posted:

Sal please vig Yami or onset it would make me feel very happy.
This is in response to onset sass.

Toalpaz posted:

See, Onset uses my proper pronouns before I complain to thread asking people to use my right pronouns, and then after I complain Onset uses the wrong ones?

Clearly scum that can't keep their position straight/out of thread knowledge in check.

Onset probably got all that 'crazy' talk because Yami was saying in scum chat that scum could push my buttons and cause me to melt down.
Does toal appear serious here?

It's not suspicious of me to find their call for the vig on onset as joking given the context.

onsetOutsider posted:

same.

also toalpaz calm down

This was in regard to...

Toalpaz posted:

Daycop DB or Onset I guarantee we're getting a scum result

So this with the full context of their conversation appears to be direct bussing.

Something that toal has done more than once.

Source: I was just an incompetent scum in a game with them where I sunk myself as godfather day 1 and toal did the same thing there.

Toalpaz posted:

Yeah It's been tied up for a long time. Ard never really responded to my argument even after bottle knight brought it up again in regards to the susp vote and unvote around Kasch earlier but ties are weird and I'm sure we'll learn something flipping AA. AA also has been solely focused on defending himself in a fairly weird way, including calling votes on him bad rather than casing other people well. So whatever.

##vote AA

This was half a day before the game day was over, and even prior to this, toal had been bussing me in cases.

To their credit. I played a poo poo game and it made sense, but I'm saying toal is not above blatantly bussing.

I think sal shooting onset is completely coincidental.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

Toalpaz posted:

What pings me here is that you post right before Onset posts a vote on bif, possibly indicating you're coordinating with Onset to split the vote and end the day early AA.

You and Onset don't really post reasons for your votes, leaving them in low info places I suppose possibly hoping the multi lunch happens/having a home end of day that doesn't reveal much. You also weren't around end of day as if you were fine with the results.

I choose to vote DB because it didn't look like you were around and I thought that DB had a scum interaction with Onset. I was mostly using your vote so that shenanigans didn't cause us to mistakenly lunch a lot of people, and I also wanted to tie up me and someone else when I placed it.

Honestly, I hadn't realized the game was plurality until it was explained that you meant multi instead of chain lynch and even then that was in reviewing the day.

So it was a genuine read about a player's content at that point in the game which wasn't much. It was d1.

There are rules in place for lurkers so I had no reason to policy vote a player when the game would address it. Instead, I voiced an admittedly weak opinion based solely on my subjective take of their posts.

Ultimately, I don't think it is unreasonable play on my part. I can see how you might arrive at that conclusion, but your theory relies on me reading the OP as opposed to saying, "Oh boy, a new mafia game!" And sitting :v: until I receive a PM or disc ding, and that's my truth.