Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

The sun rises over the valley on Day One Two.

Today will be my joke phase day since I was not here yesterday.

Also:

##push button

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I intend to push the button once for each day it is (three on Day 3, etc)

Today I will have to push it three times total to catch up.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Mr. Humalong posted:

Youíre really pushing it with these posts

:rolleyes:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

SalTheBard posted:

The rest of us can keep posting

Iím still waiting for the result of my button press :colbert:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Mr. Humalong posted:

Also did you tag Solus in discord about your action, Sal? I only ask cause it's been like 12 hours now.

I tagged him when I pressed the button. I imagine Solus is just busy.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

SolusLunes posted:

I'm disappointed in you. You have received Viga.

Fancy.

Bifauxnen posted:

welp, near end of day I think Dancer should just be the official lunch if he still hasn't used his daycop. But with that established, might as well talk about other people till then.

Jimson's getting trial by polyhedron or something, so I'm looking at the new replacements we got. IS and Humalong, now that you've had time to read up, what are your thoughts?

Iíll delve into things more a little later as Iím just leaving the house for plans this evening, but I was reading along with the game before I joined, so I have a few surface-level thoughts:

- Didnít expect the vig choice Sal made D1, but it worked out well. I think thereís some conclusions that can be drawn, even from D1 posting, that will narrow down the dunk choices for tonight, which is helpful.

- Iím not going to worry about lurkers at all in this game unless we are forced to. With a smaller game, I expect Solus will handle that stuff appropriately and Iíd rather hunt scum among the people here posting. For any lurkers, either Solus can cover those or we can do it through random vigs or whatever.

Bifauxnen posted:

welp, near end of day I think Dancer should just be the official lunch if he still hasn't used his daycop. But with that established, might as well talk about other people till then.

I separated this out from your other quote because I wanted to respond to it directly; while Iím generally in agreement with this, Iíd like to hear more from Dancer on why they were unafraid of waiting to use it. I donít recall that being specifically addressed.

Also, because Iíll forget to mention this later, Bif for me falls into KB territory in that if sheís here past about Night 3 that probably means sheís 3P or scum. Weíll see how things play out, but CPig was a bit of a curious NK choice for scum in my book.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Nep-Nep posted:

I was surprised by that too. One commonality between CPig and Onset was they both forced other people to push the button even though that had been established as potentially dangerous. I would've probably gone after CPig over that today.

At least in CPigís case, he blew all three shots of that immediately upon receiving it, so he was pretty up-front about it. I donít get the sense he was particularly discriminate about his targets either.

SolusLunes posted:

I'm disappointed in you. You have received Vigoroso.

CapitalistPig posted:

##push button for toalpaz

CapitalistPig posted:

##push button for bif

CapitalistPig posted:

##push button for onsetOutsider

CapitalistPig posted:

My vigoroso ability allowed me to press the button for other people 3 times.

I used it all now.

CapitalistPig posted:

Because it's funny

Obviously since CPig and Onset have both already flipped, itís kind of a moot point, but still.

Delving further into button mechanic spec (because why not), I canít prove this right now via mobile but my general sense of memory tells me everyone whoís pushed the button has received something (along with the corresponding ďIím disappointed in youĒ) and further presses have resulted in nothing other than the repeated presses that led to the Inf self-vig. Do I have that correct?

Also, is there anyone left who has yet to press the button?

Also also:

##push button

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Interestingly, I received acknowledgement from the mod of my last button press, but nothing here. I donít know if Solus is busy or if something weird happened with it.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Toalpaz posted:

Yeah I've thought about going crazy and accusing bif of nonsense for being around deadline but like I'm thinking the exact same thing about dancer. It would suck if there was some ability that forced people not to play but it's been like a day and a half of real time? I'm pretty sure we shouldnt leave it up to a unknown anti lurker challenge considering we're at myly probably, and someone who refuses to participate and use their cop might be scum ??? i guess???

Can you run me the math on why you think thatís the case on D2 when one scum flipped yesterday?

Iím not outright saying youíre wrong, but I canít come up with a scenario where this would be the case where town would have had much shot to win.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Toalpaz posted:

9 of us, 14 at the start of the game, assuming 4 scum to start with.

we kill someone, they nk someone, 7 and 3 scum. If some one vigs town we lose. mlyl maybe.

Did this start with 12? Or 14? Weíve only had 3 deaths, right? Inf, Onset, CPig?

Oh wait, Yami was shot today, right?

But the player list had 14 in it. Who am I missing?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Found my error, was missing DB as the dunk yesterday.

Okay. So started with 14. Hmmm. Four scum in 14 doesnít seem totally unreasonable, I guess.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Iím going to have to ponder on this more, but Iím not overly afraid of this being mylo or whatever, that just seems like bad balance. I feel like it would be far more likely we started with 3 scum and a 3P of some kind, than 4 scum. Had we started at 14 and both the issued vigs bad shot town, the game ends by D3 and that seems to be a waste.

If Dancer doesnít return by midday tomorrow, I donít have a huge objection to that vote, but I think thereís still a couple more people that have said little or nothing today and I donít want to fall back to dunking a lurker for the sake of lurking.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Toalpaz posted:

Its a 1 shot cop, Dancer should definitely cop someone here. like Bif or Me or Nep imo.

If Dancer shows back up and uses the daycop, thereís certainly no shortage of good targets for that, as you mentioned.

However, if the numbers situation is as dire as you imply it is, a scum Dancer can/should fake a result anyway to dunk a townie and then per your scenario weíre essentially screwed anyway. Iím surprised youíre not a little more cognizant of that.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

SalTheBard posted:

If Dancer was going to do that why not do it yesterday?

Well, I was going to go look at the snapshot in time when Dancer made that post to see who was the vote leader, and see if it was possible that a scum Dancer held off because we were already on the way to dunking a townie, but thereís no vote counts posted anywhere near that and Iím not awake enough to put it together myself yet, so :shrug:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Letís try this again since the second press had the weird result of literally nothing:

##push button

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Dancer is such a lazy vote but heís sat at -1 for hours no and nobody appears to be interested in chasing other options, including the mod whoís ignored by button press again, so whatever, letís get this show moving.

##vote Dancer

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

SolusLunes posted:

Nobody died on Night 2.

Day 3 begins now and deadline is 8pm CST on April 4th.

Intriguing.

Iíll be back a little later, but I have thoughts.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

What's interesting is that you saw me even though my action failed. That means I successfully visited, but something made toal untargetable.

My information:

I used Viga (which was a one-shot roleblock) to roleblock Toalpaz.

The action succeeded. I was additionally told AA visited my target, which made no sense at the time, but now I get it.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

##push button

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Nep-Nep posted:

I've already given one ability to Toal. I have 4 more shots to hand out if I understand my abilities correctly. Effectively this means I can at least prove that part of my claim to everyone but one person. However, this is also not the optimal way to handle things since that almost certainly means I'd be giving scum at least one present.

Did you send out all four remaining shots?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I do not want to rush a vote this game day.

Iíd like to try to put together thoughts a little later- dentist bothered me more than expected- but thereís no reason to slam something through right away and the suggestion otherwise raises an eyebrow for me.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Iím waking up now and will work on posting my thoughts sometime in the next hour or two.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

SolusLunes posted:

STOP RESISTING

Nep-Nep, Town-Aligned Vanilla Town + Vigia, Vigias, Vignetters, Vigilant has been daycopped Day 3, and has died to police brutality!

code:
Vigia: One-shot self PGO
Vigias: Two-shot PGO distributor
Vignetters: Powerizer- can make three players a one-shot busdriver, redirector, matchmaker. Can only assign each role once. Cannot assign role to themselves.
Vigilant: One-shot immediate self-watch

Dammit :(

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

##vote Toal

Will come back w/justification shortly

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Letís start with the very basics:

I roleblocked Toal last night.
There was no kill last night.

In a game this small, I think we can rule out scum voluntarily withholding the kill.

Toalpaz posted:

Sal is literally the only person who could have attacked bif last night. Every single other person has night actions that are confirmed.

I was role blocked. Hum came forward saying I did nothing and IP was tracked to me. Nep is dead now. AA heard visiting me by two people.

Bif was attacked (or scum who withheld the kill).

Sal watched himself (or scum who did the kill)

We only have these possbilities.

No, these are not the only possibilities. The easiest possibility is this:

Toal attempted to do the kill and was blocked by me.

Bif, Toalís teammate, had to claim to lose deathproof to get Toal off the hook for there being no kill.

Mr. Humalong posted:

Interested to read this.

Willing to believe it is Toal and Bif. They have played a good light bussing game. Onset was a new scum player so losing them and gaining town cred doing it would be a positive net play for Toal. I believe it was also Toal who floated the ďif Bif isnít NKed by day 3 then sheís scumĒ idea. Easy for Bif to lie about deathproof once they discovered Toal was blocked.

I donít see scum Sal using a dayvig to kill a teammate.

Dark horse would be AA, I voted to see what Toalís reaction would be.

Nah, that was actually me back here:

IllegallySober posted:

Also, because Iíll forget to mention this later, Bif for me falls into KB territory in that if sheís here past about Night 3 that probably means sheís 3P or scum. Weíll see how things play out, but CPig was a bit of a curious NK choice for scum in my book.

Nothing thatís happened has made me believe differently. Bif is a strong enough player normally that scum would have attempted to taker her out by now, were she not one of them.

Separately from that, Toal attempted to rush that Nep vote as quickly as they could today when it became apparent the kill was blocked. Then, as soon as Nep was dayvigged, jumped straight to trying to vote the doublevoter.

Toal also posted in masonry about ten minutes before Hum copped/shot Nep that the hammer was down. Iím not 100% sure what the endgame of that lie was about but they knew I didnít want to rush a vote and was coming back here to post thoughts, and appear to have not wanted the narrative to swing off Nep.

I think Toal is the right dunk today and then we see where it goes.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Toalpaz posted:

The easiest possibility is actually that there are less liars and Sal is the one who did the kill, rather than there being two liars and a conspiracy.

Yes, if there are two scum left why would there be two liars...

:thunk:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

A scum Sal also could easily have used his doublevote at any point during the last however-many hours to dunk Nep and end the day (giving scum another nightkill opportunity).

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Toalpaz posted:

[bIt was an unreliable vig, Sal used it to 'bus' his team mate hoping it would fail.[/b]

IS if you're going to say that Bif is lying about the kill being on her could you at least vote the liar first. I agree that today is between Bif and Sal.

We did discuss this possibility in masonry. Ultimately for better or worse, I donít think thatís the way Sal would have played it. Unless he was heavily coached.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Toalpaz posted:

so could scum bif you dolt

I suppose. So why should we dunk her first instead of you then?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Toal, youíve got so many fingers pointed in so many directions today. :)

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

:911:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Toalpaz posted:

What no comeback?

Your vote makes no sense from a town perspective. Killing Bif should prove the solve the question whether there's a connection, and kill the person you're accusing of lying.

Your vote makes no sense unless you're just trying to ride the negative sentiment you think exists because I was strongly behind the nep vote.

No, Iím going to make some coffee and then Iím going to math out the situation and see if thereís a functional difference between the two paths.

Iím not 100% opposed to dunking Bif today instead of you, but I think Iím right that youíre scum and Iím wondering if the reason youíre fighting so hard to not be the dunk today is because youíve got an ability you need to use tonight for scum to win.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

SalTheBard posted:

In response to Toal pointing out I'm a double voter, I've just submitted my request to Solus in Discord to use my anon vote on myself. Therefore I just have my regular rear end one vote.

Sal :psyduck:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

SalTheBard posted:

It's ok. I don't want it to be used as a weapon against me. I'm not even sure if it will go through or not.

Sal: ďI donít want my second vote to be used as a weapon against me.Ē

Also Sal: Literally uses his second vote as a weapon against himself

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Toalpaz posted:

Again going to point this out, that killing bif solves this puzzle better and faster of whether bif is my accomplice and lying for me, considering she could also be scum for other reasons.

Let's take this in a different direction for a second.

If there are two scum remaining, Toal is scum, and Bif is NOT their scumbuddy- who else can logistically be their scumbuddy?

Then, the reverse of the above question: If there are two scum remaining, Bif is scum, and Toal is NOT their scumbuddy- who else can logistically be their scumbuddy?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Toalpaz posted:

Logistically IS, one or more Bif or Sal are ACTUALLY scum because 4 players have confirmed night interactions and Bif has claimed to be the nk.

That doesn't answer the question I asked.

Toalpaz posted:

I wasn't jailed I was roleblocked by IS.

This is correct.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Toalpaz posted:

Your question is a flight of fantasy designed to confuse d2 when I flip town and possibly skew who is lunched after me.

No, it's a question that should be considered when we decide the dunk today.

We believe the following:

I roleblocked Toal (successful, although I'm assuming I was not somehow redirected- I have no real reason to believe such since Toal claimed to be roleblocked and Hum received part of a track that Toalpaz was visited)
Toal went nowhere (verified by Hum's partial track)
AA visited my target (per my result in Discord)

I believe the above to be 99% confirmed.

AA claims his attempted action on Toal to be a 1x elite bodyguard (side note- did AA claim the flavor name of this?)

Toal also claims his actions were loud, just like AA's. (Vignetted- which presumably made them both loud, but wasn't where the elite bodyguard came from?)

We know Nep flipped town and didn't have a kill when they flipped.

I'm accounted for by provable actions. So is Nep-Nep, Hum, and AA. That leaves Sal, Toal, and Bif. Unless you believe one of the previously-confirmed actions to have been taken by scum, that leaves two scum among those three.

If Toal isn't scum, that means Bif and Sal are.
If Bif isn't scum, that means Toal and Sal are.
If Sal isn't scum, that means Toal and Bif are.

I think given the context of the game, the third scenario is far more likely than the other two.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

SalTheBard posted:

MAFIA EDIT: Since I know my alignment (town) the 3rd is the only one that is possible, and to me, that one doesn't seem possible since Bif and Toal are going hard in the mother loving paint against each other.

Apart from one post made by Bif I donít see where sheís ďgoing hard in the mother loving paintĒ against anyone, Sal.

Bifauxnen posted:

Thinking Sal would hard bus that early is pretty out there. Even if the vig was unreliable, I don't think that's his style of play.

I think Toal's running out of good cases to make.

##vote Toal

btw one reason I hate relying too much on night action bingo is you can get led astray by wrong data from scum, but Toal's been playing real overconfidently about how to narrow it down to only a couple possibilities. Since scum were already trying to kill me, I expected someone to put up a fight saying my claim was just bogus. But Toal hardly considered that possibility at all even when people pointed it out, and thinks it just makes sense that I had a kill attempt on me last night. I figure Toal knows all too well that my claim is true, and didn't want to contradict it when there's a solid pair of people to point to as the "only possible" ones who could've done it.

Just like how DB and Yami got set right up and knocked down before.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Iíll leave it up to the rest of the group.

My top vote choice today is Toal.

I would switch to Bif if there isnít enough agreement to dunk Toal.

I probably will not vote for anyone else today absent significant new info.

Taking a break from this for a few hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Well, if thereís two scum left and one of them isnít Sal, this gameís basically over now.