Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which episode changed his mind?
S2E01
S2E02
S2E03
S2E04
S2E05
S2E06
S2E07
S2E08
S2E09
S2E10
S2EGoku
View Results

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Just got around to watching this how over the last few days and the thread title is dead wrong. It was good. Better than Doom Patrol, which had some pretty good episodes and some pretty bad episodes. Not perfect, not the best show I've ever seen, not even particularly unique or memorable, but good and worth watching. I'll certainly watch the second season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

babypolis posted:

i tuned off this bad show when the imminent, unstoppable threat facing this band of superheroes... was 2 normal rear end ppl with guns

You mean the time travelling assassins who are almost supernaturally good at murder?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Escobarbarian posted:

Can’t believe it took me this long to realise you’re a troll account

What, 'cause I have different opinions to you? gently caress off.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

babypolis posted:

I dont see how I am supposed to sympathies with a couple of torturing murderers.
You're not? "Not really the villains" doesn't mean they're the heroes.

babypolis posted:

its the goofy stuff like the talking monkey contrasted with super serious drama queen characters like diego.
It's about super heroes. That is what every super hero story is like.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Mike N Eich posted:

Yeah I totally enjoyed it but like EVERY SINGLE NETFLIX SHOW except Russian Doll, its like 5 episodes too long. Why do they do this? It costs them more money to make more episodes!
Every American show, whether on conventional television or streaming, is too long. They always have to drag the story out or burn through episodes too quickly. This is not a new phenomenon, it has always been the case. People are only now starting to realise it.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

having no story at all

Every character has a clear and distinct story and they all overlap and interact with each other. :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

i could get really granular with you on this and argue about how the characters took higher priority than even having any kind of grand overarching narrative
That's a good thing though. :shrug:

scary ghost dog posted:

the shortcomings of the terrible timecop intrigue we were given instead of a real story
What makes something a "real" story?

scary ghost dog posted:

but instead im just going to ask you what luther’s clear and distinct character arc was.
Basically just realising that he has to take some responsibility for his own life and stop just trying to be what other people think he is or should be. But if your point is that his story got less focus than the others then yes, it did. :shrug: