Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which episode changed his mind?
S2E01
S2E02
S2E03
S2E04
S2E05
S2E06
S2E07
S2E08
S2E09
S2E10
S2EGoku
View Results

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
Went into the first season with no expectations and was largely blown away. It wasn't perfect—the Ellen Page storyline dragged and was too predictable—but the show was overall a joyous romp. Looking forward to season 2, though have been terribly jaded of late by great shows trying to followup on their success and falling so flat as to detract from how good the first season was...

It's one of several shows that made me realize that, for all that people love to complain about the dregs produced by the ocean of streaming content, the overall output of great TV is higher than ever and incredible shows that might once have seized a place in the public zeitgeist make barely a blip because there's just so much quality content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
Binged the first six episodes second season tonight as what else am I gonna do on a Friday night during Covid? The first three episodes or so were good, but the screenwriting was a tad off. After that, things tightened up and the next three episodes were solid. Looking forward to the rest, but wish the Netflix episode descriptions didn't contain major spoilers.

One weird thing that really doesn't deserve a spoiler tag: when Luther and Allison meet up at the busy BBQ joint, there's a two-second shot where it's just them. If it were a little longer and had the right musical notes with it, I'd have thought it was an intentional "they've found one another again, nothing else matters" sort of shot, but it seemed just like an outright editing mistake as it was...

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I thought the first season was better, but I'm happy with the the second overall. I still think there were major issues with, I don't know, the editing? Just the way shots were slapped together at times seemed abnormally sloppy.

Other issue (general S2 spoilers): Also would have liked the villain to have more... weight? The Handler specifically and the Commission more broadly had repeatedly shown themselves to be inept and bumbling, so I never felt they raised the stakes. We're told over and over that the Commission is insanely dangerous, but only Hazel and Cha-Cha, the Swedes, and Lila ever really seem a threat. Kind of similar to how the First Order in the Star Wars sequels seemed like just a handful of comically-butterfingered goons when they should have been the ominous heirs to the powerful and regimented Galactic Empire.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009

Collateral posted:

I literally just started s2 so I'm not clicking those spoilers, but....(S1 spoiler I suppose but there may be new viewers) Isn't Klaus supposed to be in Viet Nam about now? Or was later?
Just basic history here, so no spoilers: that was 1968 at the height of the US involvement on the ground. Though Kennedy was in the process of escalating from the fewer than a thousand troops present in Vietnam under Eisenhower, it was only after Johnson took over that troops really started pouring in, the draft kicked into gear, and the conflict truly entered the public consciousness in America.