Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which episode changed his mind?
S2E01
S2E02
S2E03
S2E04
S2E05
S2E06
S2E07
S2E08
S2E09
S2E10
S2EGoku
View Results

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Angry Salami posted:

My favourite part of the show was the female lead who had no agency in her entire story until she went kill-crazy and had to be stopped.

No, wait, maybe it was the random flashback to establish that she'd always been a sociopathic killer, so the family patriarch really was justified in taking away her power.

Hmm, I also liked the textbook fridging of the Detective, that was a fun and original twist.

And presenting the black woman as having used her powers to attain unearned status and popularity, then literally silencing her for the last couple of episodes, I thought that was worth mentioning.

Oh, and the pudgy white guy assassin getting a happy ending, while the black woman is unceremoniously killed in the apocalypse, I didn't see that coming!

Really, there were so many interesting choices made in the show!

I liked how literally none of that was part of the source material.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

what I want to know is what happened to the other 36 spontaneous births that old man couldn't buy

They mostly died, because it turns out that freakish mutations that radically alter the nature of what it means to be human mostly aren't stable.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

precision posted:

Yeah and Patriot is way better than Barry

Nah, Patriot can get a bit too far up it's own rear end sometimes. Barry is fairly streamlined and just gets to it. It's not worse than Barry though, it's just doing something different. Parts of that difference are better and parts are worse.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

One thing I can promise about Doom Patrol: everyone finishes

Ah but what about poor Cliff?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
The ape body made him more durable, his power is super strength. Which is why he could get horribly hosed up during a mission and require treatment to become ape. He wasn't super-durable when he was younger.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
When your domain is time travel, you can basically ignore poo poo forever. It's not like you are going to run out of time to deal with it.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
The heavy thing they give him to lift is years of emotional baggage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
Except of course Ben is number one in the new timeline. The numbers are pure usefulness to Hargreeves, nothing more or less. And Spaceboy gets a lot more to do in the comic, where insane comic poo poo is much more prevalent.