Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which episode changed his mind?
S2E01
S2E02
S2E03
S2E04
S2E05
S2E06
S2E07
S2E08
S2E09
S2E10
S2EGoku
View Results

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Unlike I guess most people "a heavily traumatized group of people can't solve simple problems because their emotional instability has undermined any possibility of easy communication" is Extremely My poo poo so I'm super down for another season

Also iirc the cinematography was pretty dope and lot of sequences (especially ones involving hazel and chacha) felt a lot like everyone involved was just having a lot of fun with it, and I always enjoy the spirit that instills into media.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i liked s2 a lot, though the last episode was kinda stupid

also buncha dudes in this show have a real serious case of stormtrooper aim. usually doesn't bother me but it's basically every scene where someone fires a gun and it's incredibly egregious

i feel like i would've liked the swedes a lot more if we got a bit more time with them, but we didn't so they're just "somewhat-memorably uncomfortable to watch" which is a shame since they're following up on hazel and chacha's act

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I actually really like the UA core conceit that these people can basically overcome any physical obstacle but their crippled emotional and interpersonal faculties are the real cause of their problems. I find it rather compelling, if a bit middling on execution

The civil rights storyline in a vacuum I thought it was fine but it was super duper awkward that none of the other characters engaged with it even slightly. It felt a little like "civil rights is something that only black people are going to be interested in" and while they definitely need to avoid the whole white savior thing from happening any of the other family members could have like, had some small amount of participation so it didn't feel so, er, segregated off.

I mean every character kinda has their own little "box" of toys that the writers have them playing with when they aren't with the others and that's fine, we don't need to see diego trying to interact with vanya's kid, but it makes me a little uncomfortable when one of those boxes is labeled "racism" and it's still all kept entirely within that one character's box.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

all of the characters are super powerful in that first episode to make a point that the coming apocalypse is beyond any of their fighting abilities, even in a timeline where they mastered their powers

i guess the idea is that without five forcing them together and inadvertently making them face and overcome their personal dysfunctions, they individually just honed their own abilities? idk i guess luther was in a fight club and diego was playing batman so it sort of makes sense

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

my only real gripe with luther is he never actually seems to be stronger than a normal dude, which frequently bugs me. as a character personality i think he's fine, if a little one note sometimes