Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which episode changed his mind?
S2E01
S2E02
S2E03
S2E04
S2E05
S2E06
S2E07
S2E08
S2E09
S2E10
S2EGoku
View Results

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
oldsenileguy asked that a thread be made for this show so here it is.

this show sucks! ok enjoy everybody

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

swickles posted:

Yes. It has good pacing, which is the primary criticism of all comic book shows on any streaming service

jesus christ

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

Imagine this being the first thing you read when the forums come back up

Everything in that post is right though

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Doom Patrol kicks seven shades of poo poo out of this show

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
You realise I was literally answering a question asked by someone else

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Tiggum posted:

Just got around to watching this how over the last few days and the thread title is dead wrong. It was good. Better than Doom Patrol, which had some pretty good episodes and some pretty bad episodes. Not perfect, not the best show I've ever seen, not even particularly unique or memorable, but good and worth watching. I'll certainly watch the second season.

Can’t believe it took me this long to realise you’re a troll account

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
why would I stop reading my favourite thread

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

esperterra posted:

OP was tired of us talking about it in Couch Chat iirc

I should change the title later tbh. If anyone has suggestions post 'em

I think it was one of those moments where people were coming in and complaining that there wasn’t a thread instead of actually making one

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I will not watch season 2 but I demand you keep my thread with this title

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/sepinwall/status/1288870759633387520?s=21

thank u Alan

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I just watched the latest episode of Doom Patrol. very good!!!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I still don’t love this show or anything but season 2 is definitely a dramatic improvement. Stuff like the needledrops are still annoying (the vast majority of the time they’re just propping up an uninteresting scene instead of enhancing an already good one, and the choices are too obvious - changing it to a cover or a foreign-language version doesn’t fix that), but the pace is better, the bickering is less irritating, a lot of the premise is more inherently comedic so it’s able to be an actual comedy more often instead of the poorly-written family drama with the occasional zinger 1 fell into so often, and there’s nothing anywhere near as annoying or frustrating as the Vanya love interest subplot which drove me absolutely loving insane last year.

e: hahahah gently caress you esp

Escobarbarian fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Aug 2, 2020

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That was later in the 60s. Season 2 mentions that his love interest in the war died in 1968.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Wait, there were people who liked season 1 but disliked season 2? Did they all hit their heads as children?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Also good premiere but those cowards should have made the dance-off actually what happened

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

muscles like this! posted:

It was funny how (ep1) Reginald knew exactly what was going on, he just didn't feel like telling anyone.

Hahaha yeah I laughed real hard at this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah this is definitely shaping up to be the best season so far but we’ll see how the mid-season bloat is

My only real issue with the show so far is Sloane. Good actress but the character is really thin and basically just “super in love and emotional” in a way that kind of approaches misogyny. Hopefully there’s more to her character that improves things.