Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
time for birdsong, rainy days and good sleep during thunderstorms

also don't forget to plant those weed seeds you've been saving up!!

post your spring thoughts (and probably a bit of sorely misplaced appreciation) here

Edit: horny posts allowed itt since we r getting sprung.

Areola Grande fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Mar 20, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Areola Grande

also, consider visiting the spring sig thread so you can parade your springtime plumage in this thread. Especially if you're new!!!

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Manifisto

today I saw a good bird in the park, a bluejay

the trees are budding and the crocuses and snowdrops are doing their thing, and it was a sunny day to boot

it is definitely spring, not like the riot of spring but the prelude

ty nesamdoom!

glowing-fish

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
Its Autumn for me...but autumn won't really begin until May, so its still summer?

Manifisto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF1OQkHybEQ

can you imagine in this day and age composing something that would cause a riot when performed

it seems kind of quaint that audiences would be so sheltered

no joke tho this is hard core stuff

ty nesamdoom!

Areola Grande

glowing-fish posted:

Its Autumn for me...but autumn won't really begin until May, so its still summer?

pretend with us :palmon:

Areola Grande

Manifisto posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF1OQkHybEQ

can you imagine in this day and age composing something that would cause a riot when performed

it seems kind of quaint that audiences would be so sheltered

no joke tho this is hard core stuff

those ppl are sprung up on something to be sure

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Manifisto posted:

today I saw a good bird in the park, a bluejay

the trees are budding and the crocuses and snowdrops are doing their thing, and it was a sunny day to boot

it is definitely spring, not like the riot of spring but the prelude

my crocuses are coming up, no blooms yet but that's normal. looking back through my pics these are the most recent i still have:

april 12th, 2015: full bloom, late year for starting of flowers, about 3/4 a month after "normal" first blooms

march 18th, 2017: first bloom, petals not open yet

march 21st, 2017: full bloom

march 29th, 2018: full bloom, first blooms started around march 21st. cleared out the beds earlier that year but also tend to the bed and soil much more in 2017 then years past growing and doing great each year and i love them

yes i take too many pictures of my flowers and i usually don't clear the leaves from my beds until april or may

Luvcow fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Mar 20, 2019

Areola Grande

holy poo poo dude. I've never seen anything on that level of byobness

cryn rn :cry:

Areola Grande

sprung update: not horny at all. :argh:

still cryn from that crocus poast

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

opioid agonist posted:

sprung update: not horny at all. :argh:

still cryn from that crocus poast

you have no idea how deep this rabbit hole goes...

here's some wild (currently listed as "special concern" in the northeast) pink lady slippers from a place i walk from may 23, 2014: something to look forward too in the months that come of spring

they haven't bloomed there very well for the last few years but i'm hoping this year will be different

Areola Grande

:stare: where do these grow

Areola Grande

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

opioid agonist posted:

:stare: where do these grow

quote from google:

"Pink lady's slipper lives in a variety of habitats, growing in mixed hardwood coniferous forests of pine and hemlock on rocky/mossy slopes, and in semi-open or in deep humus and acidic but well-drained soil under birch and other deciduous trees of eastern United States forests."

i'm in massachusetts on the coast and have been lucky enough to always have them around, lots of pine, cedar, oak and maple trees and swamps, they are beautiful flowers that you have to be lucky enough to find and see because they're usually only found in the forest far away from developed land

Manifisto

Luvcow posted:

my crocuses are coming up, no blooms yet but that's normal. looking back through my pics these are the most recent i still have:

april 12th, 2015: full bloom, late year for starting of flowers, about 3/4 a month after "normal" first blooms

march 18th, 2017: first bloom, petals not open yet

march 21st, 2017: full bloom

march 29th, 2018: full bloom, first blooms started around march 21st. cleared out the beds earlier that year but also tend to the bed and soil much more in 2017 then years past growing and doing great each year and i love them

yes i take too many pictures of my flowers and i usually don't clear the leaves from my beds until april or may

I really like crocuses because they have something of a magical quality to them, they appear in places that are totally unremarkable for like 90% of the year

I am honestly unsure whether people plant them (in the neighborhoods where I grew up) or they just establish themselves in a very small window of time, certainly even if they're planted they have a very extemporaneous appearance, they show up when they're ready and just for a fleeting window

ty nesamdoom!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Manifisto posted:

I really like crocuses because they have something of a magical quality to them, they appear in places that are totally unremarkable for like 90% of the year

I am honestly unsure whether people plant them (in the neighborhoods where I grew up) or they just establish themselves in a very small window of time, certainly even if they're planted they have a very extemporaneous appearance, they show up when they're ready and just for a fleeting window

the ones i've known were all planted as bulbs either by my parents or my grandparents. the ones in the pics i posted were planted by the previous home owners where i've lived for 7 years now and i just try to give them space each year. totally agree they are magical and amazing, first blooms of spring and they appear before the trees have even leafed and weeks before the jonquils (daffodils and narcissus) bloom or even the spring peepers start chirping.

Areola Grande

my town had some kind of early benefactor who planted surprise lillies in almost every yard and then ppl caught the fever and spread them around as the city grew. I will show em when they decide to surprise byob with their presence later in summer

Areola Grande

sprung update: workin on chubs

Goons Are Gifts

This thread is spring itself, I am stunned by its beauty

alnilam

My crocuses are rearing their purple heads and i love it such a perfectly timed first harbinger of spring

so on sunday i took my 2.5 month old babby on a walk and as i was leaving i saw them and tried to direct her attention to them and as i was talking to her about them i said "these are... the first flowers you've ever seen coming out of the ground" and i kinda choked up as i realized that and teared up as i thought about how this will be her first spring ever, first time feeling warm air outside, first thunderstorms, first time hearing lots o birds, first time seeing the lime green frosting on the budding trees ;_;

ty manifisto

Goons Are Gifts

alnilam posted:

My crocuses are rearing their purple heads and i love it such a perfectly timed first harbinger of spring

so on sunday i took my 2.5 month old babby on a walk and as i was leaving i saw them and tried to direct her attention to them and as i was talking to her about them i said "these are... the first flowers you've ever seen coming out of the ground" and i kinda choked up as i realized that and teared up as i thought about how this will be her first spring ever, first time feeling warm air outside, first thunderstorms, first time hearing lots o birds, first time seeing the lime green frosting on the budding trees ;_;

Being a winter babby results in the massively positive surprise when you realize for the first time ever that the world is neither gray nor cold, but green and alive and colorful and warm!

City of Glompton

alnilam posted:

:3: happy spring little babby

i'm v excited for spring here and my crocuses are also blooming. i'm ready for all the nice spring stuff

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Goons Are Gifts

Saw a spring bird today, being very happy about spring. Very early, too.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

City of Glompton posted:

:3: happy spring little babby

i'm v excited for spring here and my crocuses are also blooming. i'm ready for all the nice spring stuff

pics!

:argh:

Areola Grande

pansies require natural irrigation in order 2 thrive

Areola Grande

I always wanted enough land for some lily beds. I wish someone would post some

:allears:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

opioid agonist posted:

sweet dog!

opioid agonist posted:

I always wanted enough land for some lily beds. I wish someone would post some

:allears:

i got you, these are from july at my parents, formerly grandparents place on a tidal river. big orange guys are tiger lilies, small yellow guys are stella dora and the rest are whatever strange kinds my mom got from her friend who sells crazy diverse day lilies.

also heres some asiatic day lilies from august in the the front yard, they don't grow in beds as thick and grow taller but they leave a really cool woody stalk that gets 3-5ft high when they're done

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
also here's some water lilies from my koi pond, bloom in june:

Areola Grande

Yessss :cabot:

I noticed several daffodil fronds near my mailbox pole this morning :whatup:

Areola Grande

post ur dirty filthy NSFW springtime pics or gifts ppl come one come all (pun intended haha)

this thread is ur excuse to get WEIRD WITH IT

Areola Grande

who can name this buxom vīnea

Farecoal

There he go
spoilered grumpiness: ughhhhh spring. i miss winter already

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

opioid agonist posted:

This dog is the Plant Genious!!!

Luvcow posted:

sweet dog!

i got you, these are from july at my parents, formerly grandparents place on a tidal river. big orange guys are tiger lilies, small yellow guys are stella dora and the rest are whatever strange kinds my mom got from her friend who sells crazy diverse day lilies.

also heres some asiatic day lilies from august in the the front yard, they don't grow in beds as thick and grow taller but they leave a really cool woody stalk that gets 3-5ft high when they're done

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA FANCY DAYLILIES! I love lilies the most; thank you for good plantspostin!

opioid agonist posted:

who can name this buxom vīnea

That looks like a philadendron but I'm likely wrong

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Farecoal posted:

spoilered grumpiness: ughhhhh spring. i miss winter already

TREES ARE TRYING TO HAVE SEX WITH MY FACE BUT I'M OKAY WITH IT

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

My cat, Salad, escaped when we were trying to get him in the car to get neutered. He can operate the crate locks.

I'm very sad because he's too horny to be alone outside.

Resting Lich Face

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Set his litterbox and something that smells like you outside and he'll be able to smell it like a beacon to find home. Good luck :(

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Already done. So far we've caught one idiot raccoon (my favorite, Robert) and several field mice who were very curious about why we were looking at them then picking them up and putting them back outside.

Silly animals, you're not cats.

Areola Grande

:rip: Salad's furry nuts

feelin srry 4 Salad rn :ohdear:

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
Spring is well along here in the South. The daffs are pretty much done, and now it's time for the flowering ornamental trees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

opioid agonist posted:

:rip: Salad's furry nuts

feelin srry 4 Salad rn :ohdear:

I'm just worried he's out there alone and hurt and freaked out and I miss my cat