Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

I can show you what endless looks like
I can show you a single infinite thing
I can let you taste the sweet and sour of forever
Unending. Eternal. Inevitable
Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Fall into me. Into my eyes
Look at them. Depths unfathomable
Pain immeasurable
A cruel promise fulfilled
Callisto

Music: https://youtu.be/KDxuyiAqZFQ

Backstory:
'I was there, the day the sun died. I was there when the clockworks stopped. I was there!...' Callisto closed the book she was reading. The young sorceress pinched the bridge of her nose. She hadn't been there, and this tome held no answers. The scraps and accounts that had been collected by the scholar were incomplete and fragmentary at best. It was a work that had found its way down. Down into the barrows. Her city. A town underground. For uncounted time it had been ruled by the Knights. Now, it was she that sat in that seat. The shard had come to her when she was a mere slip of a girl. Like many down here, her parents had died of the black-lung and she had found herself working at a young age at the knight's barracks. She cleaned, she labored. She was protected and fed.

Callisto thought again at the histories. All the books her people could find... Above.

The Knights were of the order of the flame. A name really, signifying an undying dedication to purity and justice. When the people lived in the land above, when the king yet lived and the clockwork sun still turned its wheels and cogs, they were but a middling order. When the world got broken, many years ago is when the people were driven underground. The Knights had fought and brought the people of the town they were protecting into the mountain hold, the dwarves had once lived here in this ancient place it was rumored. Long had it been a place for the knights to stage attacks against the bandit prince of those times. They were fleeing the apocalypse, the end of the world. Those were dark days. Sacrifices were made and hard choices. The fungus and other cave plants fed the people and livestock, but the terrible price was breathing in the spores. Disgraced the knights of old felt, and so had become the Knights of the Fallen Flame. It was a hard existence, but the people lived. Many joined the Knights, seeing it as a path to rule or power. Struggles and politics almost ended the last bastion.

She sighed. Remembering. She had been down in the caves. Deeper. The mushroom and fungi crops had a poor harvest. She and the other serving girls had gone with some of the squires. There were dangers down here. Monsterous troglodytes, deep worms, and other things. They were safe they had thought. An attack hadn't happened in over a year. But that was not to last. The melted wax face hovered above hers. All of the squires were dead, all of her friends from the keep dead. She was shaking and crying in fear as the troglodytes rummaged through the bodies. This one breathed its stinking breath into her face as it licked her. Would it eat her? Would it do....something else? It pawed at her. She screamed. All of the monsters laughed while the one holding her farted in mirth. She struggled loose and began to crawl away, the creatures watching and laughing. It grabbed her ankle. She screamed again reached over and grabbed the rock...smashed it against the creatures head with all of her strength. She needed to get away she needed- . The rock burst and the blue sliver of crystal ignited the area with radiance. It boiled and soon took on an amorphous shape, it changed and soon became a black sphere crackling with energy. As one all of the troglodytes held their eyes and screamed. It was horrible. It went on and on and on as she closed her eyes and the beasts melted...

A book fell off of one of the piles. She came out of the memory with a start. Picking up the book she put it back on the pile. The distant past fading a bit. When she had returned with the shard at first the Commander and the Knights had wanted to use it. Anyone that touched it was subjected to the same treatment as the monsters. It took a while to figure things out. All of the elders and wise-women, scholars, arcanists, apothecaries, alchemists debated. In the end and after some experimentation on their part, they found the answer. It was something of legend. A shard of Erindur's power, his blue sun. Things happened rapidly after that. Tutoring and all of the political maneuvering within the knighthood, minor adventures and attempted assassinations. All of it culminating in her becoming the leader of this place. All of the Knights bending a knee to her...

The massive doors had been opened to the outside, and they had found the world changed. Their probes had found the world overrun by chaos, undead, threats such as the Spirit Kings and much much more.

The air had cleared at least and they had found a cure for black lung. The doors had to be guarded day and night and the city also had stepped up recruitment into the Knights. Her power had grown, her knowledge more so. She just needed to find out. Why? And what this all could mean. It was at this moment that the vision struck her: A vast city and castle reclaimed. Massed undead at the walls. Other pockets of refugees emerging back to the surface, some good and some bad. A giant winged shadow and then...nothing. She had been grasping the table in a death grip and was sweating. These visions had come and gone lately with increasing frequency and regularity, it was a sign. Callista and her people had to go to this place.

Take back that which had been taken.

And survive.
  • Quality (godly power level)::

• Arcane Sorcery [+2] - Self-explanatory, I hope.
  • Quality (Sun Shard):

• The Orb of Negation [+2] - The forces inside of the blue sun required counter-forces to maintain and keep it balanced and whole. This shard is nullification, it is the neutralizer and an anti-entropy mechanism. It appears as a black orb crackling with unknown energies and logic.
    =-=
  • My People:
      Knights of the Fallen Flame

Backstory:

See above-:- The Knights of the Fallen Flame were men and women in order of knights (one of many) that served the king and protected the land. When everything went apocalypse they fled into the shelter of an old dwarven city that had been converted as a sort of base in the mountains to fight bandits. They took as many people and refugees with them as they could and closed the doors to wait out the "long night". After many years the knights grew in power and ruled the city as a sort of military-junta. They were very hard rulers and the society was eventually evolved to serve them and their needs living like surfs while the knights got the best of everything because of the protection provided. Their infighting almost destroyed the settlement several times in its history with times of relative peace between before things built up again. With the discovery of the shard at first the Knights tried to take it for themselves, when it became clear that "the girl" was the only one who could touch the shard many machinations were set to try and use Callista or destroy her. When the ashes settled over the clashes it would be Callista who would rule them. With the opening of the settlement to the upper world once more, the people and the knights must brave this new world. But can they get past the power hungry history and infighting that had taken root there? Or would it once again rear its ugly head to impact the innocent and guilty alike?
      1: How did they hide from the monsters above?: They took shelter in a mountain stronghold of the Knights' in the old world. It used to be a dwarven city (or was rumored to be) before that. They had closed the massive doors via the mechanisms created by the city's builders and kept the outer world at bay.
      2: What corrupted bloodline do they carry? Mark of the power hungry - The knights are usually selfless and protectors of the people, however they have become highly political and power hungry. People often seek to join the knights for those reasons and eventually when things reach a tipping point things tend to boil over. This can draw in many others beyond the knights and has caused many deaths in the past.
      3: Why do they stay in your influence? Callista is different and cares about all of her people. But most importantly she is: Powerful.
    • Quality (Mortal):

• Defenders [+2] - Weathering the storm, monster attacks, adversity in its many forms. When the Knights and their people are attacked or in danger, they leap into action!
    • Foible (Corrupted Bloodline):

• Power Hungry [-2] - The knights are usually selfless and protectors of the people, however they have become highly political and power hungry. People often seek to join the knights for those reasons and eventually when things reach a tipping point things tend to boil over. This can draw in many others beyond the knights and has caused many deaths in the past.

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Mar 20, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Sounds good.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

fluffykittys posted:

Mortal Weakness: -2 No Hands My sweet companions simply do not have hands like most intelligent mortals. With enough teamwork, they can try to overcome such limitations, though they will never be able to serve me tea.

I love this.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Conquest

The Darnoc Clan are a fierce nomadic people roaming the lands as they see fit. Raiding and taking what they want, when they want. Their leader Master Abominous McCool-ice has made demands on the outlying settlements and more than a few remote communities have vanished overnight. Brutish and riding strange contraptions of metal and chrome that are only slightly faster than the warhorses of the Knights. They are a mobile and numerous foe with quite a footprint spread over the land.

Protection – 1: goes with her people's theme
Supplies – 3: just taking back the land so starting out.
Stealth – 2: not a large enough surface presence and taking care to explore and expand slowly.

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Apr 1, 2019

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
I am creating an Event after the Technocracy within The Shattering and The Gathering. When the races grew fearful and angry with each other and began to gather under racial leaders one rose and accepted all who were cast out. She was known as Mother Mercy statues and caches of followers still exist today. Though the movement is no longer as relevant as it once was. It is a Light event.