Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
would do well with a more
humanoid model, myself
Omega Patch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZSuXi8Qht0

It was a grim day when the Clockwork Sun failed. So many plans and contingencies had failed for things to become so dire. Few beside the Warforged remembered the sacrifices of their god to maintain a Sun to oppose the shadow. In the end shadow crept into the mechanisms of the stopgap sun, and with a clunk and screaming tear of metal the Age of the Clockwork Sun ended. The explosion sundered parts of the surface world with debris as it fell. Smaller shards fell here and there, some more powerful than others. One tender of the Warforged, one of the "Patch" units, essentially a medic for the constructs, witnessed the new Sun's destruction. As the debris rained down one piece pierced the patch unit's forehead. Its rune was forever altered as the power of the shard fused with its mind. The other remaining Warforged hailed him as Fix's successor once he awoke with strange new power coursing through his being and claiming that he and only he knew the deity of the Clockwork Sun's final commands.

In truth Fix had succumbed to hopelessness in the end. All of the backup plans had failed, the world did not improve. To exist was to suffer, and Fix saw this suffering as fruitless. Even as Shadow infiltrated and attempted to corrupt the god's very core it held to its calculating methods. The Sun and Shadow together were but symptoms of this corrupt existence. The last order was simple, let the world fall back into the primal chaos and nothingness from which it came.

"End it.
End it All."

Constructs +2 - Machines, automatons, their construction and repair was Omega's original purpose. Whatever essence passed from Fix to its Scion raised this skill to the cusp of the divine.

Sunset Shard(Psionic +2)- The unique interplay between Light, Shadow, and the permeation of Omega's mind allows for its will to be made manifest.

For your People:

The Warforged

The monsters began their assault almost as soon as the darkness fell. The Warforged that survived until now made their way back to their creation forges and from there were collected by Omega's army. They did not hide from the monsters, they fought them and sought refuge for repair in fortified positions, often the ruins that had been occupied by the very horrors they had just slain. Unfortunately Fix's final command was taken very literally by the common Warforged and often enough non-monstrous mortals fell to their weapons as well, lest they fall and become monsters themselves. It has earned them a harsh reputation and no allies. None of them can challenge Omega's power, and alone they would be destroyed without hope of repair. Following their god's Scion remains the only way for them to continue to exist to carry out the Last Order.

Untiring +2 - The Warforged need little rest, no food, and have strength and stamina in excess of the fleshy mortals.

Bloodlust -2 All must end. Monsters, mortals, material and metaphysical existence. Let the last thing left to fall to our swords be ourselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
I am liking these apps as well and not just because all the shard powers could be combined to destroy save the world.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Conquest - I have thoughts on this.

Supplies - The world is a junk pile. The only thing more prevalent than raw materials for constructs and weapons are raw materials for undead.

Protection - Besides a good offense, the Warforged are known for hunkering down in old fortifications or assembling new ones for dedicated repair periods.

Stealth - An army of Terminators laying waste to everything they find is hard to miss.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Event: During the City of Light Period, after Re-connection to the Arts

Union of Art and Magic - In time, with components and spells, mortals discovered they could imbue their art with magic. Statues could become animated constructs like Golems. Books and Paintings could be portals to Realms the size and complexity of which was limited only to the wealth and skill of its creator.

I guess unless it is abused it is a Light event.