Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

So, I hear this is one of them "gacha games".
Yep.

Got hot/cute raifus?
Yes.

Gonna post the horny stuff?
No.

Then why LP this game?
Because it's pretty fun to play, has a surprisingly good story for a game in the mobile gacha market, and I probably get to be the first idiot who attempts to LP a gacha game.

So what is Girls' Frontline/Shàonǚ Qiánxiàn/Shoujo Zensen?
Girls' Frontline/Shàonǚ Qiánxiàn/Shoujo Zensen is a Chinese mobage made by Mica and released in China in 2016. It has since been released in Taiwan, Hong Kong, South Korea, Japan, and the English speaking world, the EN version only coming out in May last year. It's a moe anthroporphisation game in the vein of KanColle, Azur Lane or countless other games out there. They just happen to be androids with guns this time around. The game itself revolves around assembling squads of these gungirls to fight enemies whilst capturing important points on a strategic map. It's more fun and active than I make it sound.

What's the backstory? Why gungirls?
The year is 2062. WW3 is over and a significant proportion of humanity has been converted into pseudo-zombies thanks to some weird alien goop. To make up for the shortfall in manpower, cute androids were created to pick up the slack. Private military companies consisting of these androids (known as Tactical Dolls) also become big thanks to countries being unable to field actual militaries in the hellworld of 2062, although oops, one manufacturer's AI control goes haywire and starts taking over the world. You're a recently-hired commander at Griffin & Kruyger, a PMC that has very much not been taken over by an AI. Go out there with your T-Doll collection and do PMC stuff. Y'know. If you want more backstory and a bit of a head start, check out the official manga. It's pretty good.

Isn't this a currently running game? How will you deal with the temporary story events and chapters that haven't been released in EN yet?
We'll cross that bridge when we come to it, but I have the feeling it will include transcripts, lots of diagrams and me recounting my war stories of sending my squads into horrific event-specific battlefields.

How will this LP be structured?
Once past the tutorial, I'm going to be using my main account, because gently caress regrinding stuff for later chapters. To keep things challenging, I'm going to let you, the audience, choose the squads I bring into battle (with some restrictions). Hopefully this should provide enough challenge and strategic thinking to make good commentary.

Regular text will be in-game dialogue and stage directions.
Italics will be purely my commentary and character writing.
*Regular text within asterisks will be me describing battlefield movement that doesn't deserve its own screenshot.*

Couple of rules:
1) No spoilers please. None. Especially those ones. You know the ones, players.
2) It's a game with girls and guns, both topics that can get weird on SA. Please keep discussion rational. IRL gun chat is ok as long as it's not excessive. If you really need to argue the finer points of the CZ75 vs the NZ75, take it to TFR.

Now, let's head to the frontlines.

Chapter 0: Prologue

Part 1
Part 2
Emergency - Part 1
Emergency - Part 2

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Emergency - Part 1: In Memoriam
Emergency - Part 2: My Sister
Emergency - Part 3: A T-Doll's Guide To Grief
Emergency - Part 4: My Sister and Me

Part 0: A Brief Interlude...
Part 1: Lee and Mosin's Drunken Adventure
Part 2: The Gang Discover What Sex Is
Part 3: Hangover Cure
Emergency - Part 0: Bitter Oranges
Emergency - Part 1: Walk With Me
Emergency - Part 2: Talk With Me

Part 1: M590 and the End of Days
Part 2: M590 and the Edge of the World
Part 3: M590 and the Inland Empire
Part 4: M590 and the Ghosts of Lost Data
Part 5: M590 and the Flame in the Dark
Part 6: M590 and the Mountain
Part 7: Miranda and the Rolling Hills
Part 8: Miranda and the Three Kings
Part 9: Miranda and Lola
Part 10: Miranda and M590

Part 0: On History
Part 1: Galatea

Mechanics talk
Echelon formation
Resources and the Gacha & Meet the Team: Super SASS
Logistics and Auto-Battle
Stats and Skills
Doll Enhancement, Dummy-Linking, Retirement and Cores
Equipment
Point events
Bingo events

Ibblebibble fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Oct 11, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Let's start the game up, shall we?

Got some credits there along with our main heroine of the game.

This here's the main loading screen that you see every time you start up the game, featuring Kar98k and Lee-Enfield.

If you click that little cycle icon it'll load up some 4koma tip comics by MADCORE, one of the artists who works for Mica. Check out his work!

Music: Y2064

This here's the main screen, which changes every time Mica puts out a new costume gacha. As you can probably tell, the latest one to come to the EN server is wedding-themed. I definitely don't have any of those costumes, no sirree. The art for these is usually done by Suisai, an artist who has also done the art for some of the T-Dolls in the game. I'd link their Twitter or Pixiv but they're both pretty NSFW, so go find it yourself, pervert. :v: Anyway, let's get started.

As with most gacha games, you get to select your name.

As we're gonna be running with my main account for the majority of the game, I'm just going to use a placeholder name here. I wouldn't even need to make a new account if it wasn't for the fact that you can't rewatch the prologue cutscenes. At least, I think so.

Music ends.

*A heartbeat sounds*

Agent: Now, open your eyes...

*A girl breathes in sharply*

Music: Sad

: It's time for your finale, and you must stay till the show is over.

*There's the sound of a hand squeezing a neck. The girl gasps*

M4A1: *cough*
M4A1: A...gent...

: Interesting. Even the look in your eyes is different from theirs in the face of Death.
: But this is the look I want. Show more shock! More indignation! More hatred!

*Another squeeze, another gasp*

: *cough* *cough*

: I'll kill you first, then your AR Team, and those Griffin T-Dolls still slaving away for you.
: Very soon, they'll be completely at a loss, like infants who've lost their parents.
: They'll struggle blindly on the battlefield, and fall prey to us...

*Another squeeze*

*Ch-chunk*

M16A1: ...Sorry, but she won't be dying here.
: ...!

Music: Danger

*The sound of gunfire*

: I'll spare you the wait! Go to hell right now, Sangvis scum!

*More gunfire*

: Phew... M16, how is the situation outside? AR-15 and SOP-II are still...

: M4, you all right issuing commands? You seem to be in pretty bad shape.
: I am fine. *cough* M16, please do some repairs on me. I will run a diagnostic on my command system first.

Now that we've finally met all of the members of our main team, let's have a gander at a scene that's going to become real familiar real fast. The tactical map.

Music: War

Ten minutes later...

: ... I am so sorry, but you will have to bring up the rear.

: ... Thank you. We shall finish evacuating as soon as possible.

And here is our back-up squad. Why yes, that is an StG44, one of the first proper ARs out there. Why is G&K using such ancient relics? Future bureaucracy. I'm not kidding.

We zoom out to have our first look at enemy goons. They don't look so tough.

: Hmm, I see Sangvis reinforcements fast approaching. Get into position as fast as you can!
: Roger! Griffin back-up squad is ready!
: Here we go! I'm not gonna lose to those monsters!
: AR Team, all of us are in position. Get ready to move yourself!
: Understood. One last check on our destination, then we are moving out!

Time for a bit of a tutorial. Might as well click it, we're going to for every other stage.

This doesn't show quite the same information in other stages, instead giving a tutorial on what the various capture points on the map mean. The most important ones are Command, which we are aiming to capture and not let our own be taken in turn, and the heliports, which are vital resupply and repair areas.

: We have to take over this command post and deactivate the alarm at the exit.
: The backup squad can't hold them off forever. We have to hurry!

Capturing a node is as easy as tapping on the echelon (squad) you want to move, then on the node in question. Easy. For now.

Sangvis Ferris is the faction of rogue T-Dolls being controlled by a malicious AI. They're pretty much all we'll be fighting for the rest of the LP.

This top mob moves down towards StG44's echelon. Let's get ready to battle.

Now this is a loading screen you're gonna see a lot if you play the game.

This is your typical battle screen, missing a few bits and bobs for sake of tutorial. As you'll notice, each of the T-Dolls seem to have 3 copies of themselves. These are called dummy links, and I'll get into them when they become relevant to us.

The bullets start flying, and despite wielding weaponry considered outdated by the 1970s, let alone 2062, the German girls are doing well against the robots with plasma weaponry. Go figure.

: The first wave of enemies have been annihilated. Thank you for your coordination, M4.
: No problem. The next attack will come from your flank. Be careful.
: Understood. Get ready for defense maneuvers!

*The mob on the western helipad moves to PPSh-41's echelon*

: Phew... Papasha here is safe. What about you, Skorpion?
: ...Skorpion? Skorpion VZ61 of Squad S61, please respond!

*Finally, the mob on the eastern helipad attacks Skorpion.*

: ...There! I'm done here! That was close!
: Phew... That's great. We managed to fend off the first wave of attack.
: We should've bought a lot of time for the AR Team. Well done guys!

Our turn again. Let's get M4 closer to that enemy command node, shall we?

As you can see, we're 1 turn away from capturing the HQ node. Notice that blank node in the middle of the two blue ones? It's encircled, so as long as we maintain control of all the nodes that link to it for a turn, it will automatically be captured. Convenient. It'll only apply once we hit the "End Turn" button though, which can screw you over sometimes.

Sangvis turn. What's the worst that could happen?

Oh.

: It's that Sangvis! It's here again!

She's not wrong. Once we eventually get to see her in battle, she will be one of the hardest boss fights in the game. If she makes it over to EN first, that is.

: This time I'm bringing more dummies. You'll be making their aquaintance soon.
: Back-up squad, signals of powerful Sangvis units detected! Be careful!
: Roger! Prepare for combat!

Hmm. This seems a lot more than the few smaller SF T-Dolls just now. Is that a boss in the background?

Uh oh.

Uh oh.

So, might as well address the horny elephant in the room. Once a T-Doll hits 30% HP, the Damaged CG kicks in to give you a bit of fanservice in exchange for being a terrible commander. If you have default settings on, the T-Doll will also auto-withdraw from the battle at 10%. Only once, mind you, because the trigger is reaching 10% HP. If you send her into another battle she won't immediately auto-withdraw out of that one. Anyway, I'm only going to show damaged CGs if they're in dialogue from now on. You can find them on the internet if you're that curious. This is not an invitation to post any in the thread.

(There are some damaged CGs that go the badass instead of horny route. They're few and far between, so I'll make sure to show them off when I can.)

The moment those SF units make it past our backline to the left side of the screen, we lose the battle. It's one of the fail conditions, along with losing all your T-Dolls.

: Indeed, Griffin trash.
: Apart from sullying my floor, you've achieved nothing.

: Sadly, your employers didn't realize that until it was too late.

:drat:

: Soon, the AR Team... will definitely make it out!
: It's no use. You've merely delayed our movements for a short time...

*The western boss mob rushes PPSh. :rip:*

: It's over, Griffin leftovers. There's nothing left that you can do.
: No, I... I can still... protect them...
: If you're the only one left to face your friends' broken parts, what can you do for them?
: No rush. We'll see that in no time.

*The final boss mob to the east heads towards Skorpion. Meanwhile...*

Skorpion: Run... Go back and find... comman...
Skorpion: ARGHHHHHH!
: ?! Griffin squad! Are you all right?!
Agent: Still moving, aren't we? But this should be enough to make you drop dead for good.
Agent: ...?!

Godspeed, Skorpion VZ61. :czechpatriot:

: ...
: The signal... got cut off...
: Don't tell me... they...
: ... Dammit!
: ...Snap out of it, guys. They bought us this chance.
: M4, seize that command post ASAP and deactivate the alarm.
: ...M4?
: ...?!
: Ah, understood. We have to...
: Sorr... I... I am just a little...
: Remember, we are all just following orders. Just like them.
: I understand... We must return with the data, at all cost...

All our helipads are captured now, but not our HQ, and it's our turn now. Just one more dash to the finish line.

The encirclement finally triggers. Keep in mind that the enemy can also encircle our nodes.

Mission complete.

Music: Sad

: Can we catch our breath yet?
: Not yet! There are still too many of them! We can't make it out!
: Then let's switch to backup Plan C, just as we've agreed.

: Yeah. We'll scatter to draw their fire. That'll buy you some time.
: But... if that Sangvis is still alive, you'll...!
: Stop dawdling, M4! This is the safest way!
: That's right, you're our only hope!
: ...Understood. Be careful.
: All right! Everyone scatter and draw away the Sangvis troops!

: I have to, for everyone's sake.

Funnily, AR Team in this case stands for AntiRain. They all just conveniently happen to be assault rifles too :v: For the sake of clarity, AR/ARs only ever refers to the class Assault Rifle. AR Team will refer to the story team.

Also, in the manga, it's suggested that this extended period of time is actually several months. Hardcore, AR Team.

Persica: ...Call request. Connect to Griffin HQ.

*click*

Middle-aged Man: Things have been going terrible today. You'd better give me some good news, Persica.
Persica: Good news... The AR Team got the data, but...
Persica: We lost contact with them after they came under Sangvis ambush...
Middle-aged Man: *sigh* ... That's the T-Doll squad most capable of independent operation in all of Griffin, Persica.
Persica: I know... No one knows better than me. That's why we must rescue them as soon as...
Middle-aged Man: The area they were headed to isn't under Griffin's jurisdiction. We can't just get in there.
Persica: Is there... no other way? M4A1 and the others...
Middle-aged Man: I'll think of something, Persica, but remember...
Middle-aged Man: This time, you owe us one.
Middle-aged Man: Helian, tell me which Griffin commander is stationed closest to the area.

Helian: I just looked into it. The commander in Area S09 is a rookie.
Middle-aged Man: Well, isn't that just splendid... How much field experience does the rookie have?
Helian: According to the records, the commander has only just...
Helian: ... reported for duty?

Next: Chapter 1: Awakening

Ibblebibble fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Mar 24, 2019

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Mechanics talk: Echelon formation

In GFL, the basic battle unit is the squad, or echelon. Each echelon has up to 5 T-Dolls (although why you'd go less I don't know) arranged on a 3x3 grid. Let's look at what echelon formation actually looks like.

As you can see, GFL discussion uses keypad notation to talk about the different positions on the grid. Where the T-Dolls are positioned is important due to two factors:
1) Enemy movement. Enemies move from right to left, so your dolls on the right will be the tanks of your echelon. You want to put your beefiest/most evasive dolls to the right, whilst your damage dealers/buffers stand behind.
2) Tile buffs. This is the meat of echelon formation, and can put a doll with great stats and a decent skill straight into the garbage bin. Tile buffs provide buffs in stats like firepower (FP), rate of fire (RoF), evasion etc. to other dolls standing on positions relative to the doll in question. Let's look at Welrod's (doll standing on 8) tile buff as an example.

The teal squares show which squares relative to Welrod's position will be effected by the buffs that she gives. As she is standing on 8, only M14 (7), Five-seveN (4) and Astra (5) get the buffs. Why isn't she standing on 5, you ask? Because Astra, the doll currently on 5, has tile buffs that require her to stand on 5 to buff the rifles on 1 and 7. Balancing out tile buff priorities is one of the foundations of a good echelon, and can bring a decent echelon to a great one.

Keep in mind that tile buffs are not dynamic. You can move dolls in battle, but their buffs will stay attached to the dolls affected by the buffs at the start of battle. If Welrod moves into position 5, M14, Five-seveN and Astra stay buffed, no matter where they might be, and G28 (1) does not gain Welrod's buff.

With all this in mind, let's start the audience participation by picking out what echelon I'm going to mainly use in Chapter 1. I'm limiting us to the dolls I have in my stash that are currently level 1. As we get higher in difficulty, I will open up more of my stash to be selected. (Ignore the "currently in logistics" signs. They're still valid picks.)

Assault Rifles (AR)

Jack-of-all-trades damage dealers. Tile buffs affect SMGs (with some exceptions).

Submachine Guns (SMG)

Evasion/HP tanks. Tile buffs affect ARs (with some exceptions).

Rifles (RF)

Slow-shooting but very accurate and powerful shots. Some have skills that act as nukes against a single target. Tile buffs affect HGs (with some exceptions).

Handguns (HG)

Almost no damage dealt, but provide very strong buffs. A select few can act as evade tanks. Tile buffs affect every class of gun, but must be fully dummy-linked to be strong (more on dummy-linking later).

Machine Guns (MG)

Insane amounts of burst damage, but have ammo clips that must be reloaded before DPS can continue. Resource hogs. Tile buffs affect SGs.

Shotguns (SG)

Armour and HP tanks. The beefiest of the lot, but don't do much damage and are also very hard to get, being exclusive to heavy doll production which eats up resources like no other. Tile buffs affect MGs.

And with that, please start submitting your echelon ideas. You can use whatever criteria you want to select them. Cutest, highest rarity, lowest rarity, guns you like IRL. You can even look them up in the GFL wiki and give me the poo poo ones on purpose. I'll pick the most absurd/stupidest/worst echelon and see how far I can go without being carried. A few restrictions though:
1) Must have 5 dolls
2) Minimum of one tank (SMG/SG)
3) Maximum of one HG

I look forward to see what horrors await me over the next couple of days.

Ibblebibble fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Mar 21, 2019

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Unlock Neptune.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
If you unlocked her you might accidentally disassemble her

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Let's get the story on the road.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
A game about guns with no 1911? Wtf

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Mycroft Holmes posted:

She's in, she's just not valid for this round of squad creation because I've already leveled her up.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Hmm let's go with

1) AK-47
2) OTs-12
3) PPsh-41
4) SVT-38
5) DP-28

Sadly not quite Great Patriotic War echelon because two of them are all the way in the future. :v:

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
For anyone who considers playing the game because of this LP, let me say this game is super friendly to new players. Within the first week of logins it will straight up give you one of the best in class for MGs, ARs and RFs, and a very good buffing HG. Plus goons will be throwing friend invites at you to trivialize the early game.

As for the team, I am very tempted to give you something horrible, but I could never willingly inflict AS Val (or any of those 4*ARs) on anyone, so lets go with an actual newbie style team:
OTs-12
AK-47 (somewhat mean)
M38
VM59
Tokarev (bad but cute)

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
EDIT: Changed my vote below.

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Mar 22, 2019

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
Well, part of the new game experience is not knowing what the hell you're doing, so I'm leaning:

1. AK-47
2. HK416
3. MT-9
4. Shipka
5. NZ75

Kadorhal
Jun 3, 2013

Look, just sign the stupid petition. I've got stuff to do.

Leal posted:

Unlock Neptune.

Wrong gacha game.

For my pick let's go:
1) AK-47
2) Type 56
3) OTs-12
4) M1 Garand
5)
VBM59

I was recently inspired to try a three AR/two SMG setup and it worked decently well, so let's go ahead and ruin it by replacing one weapon type entirely and filling the other one with mostly guns I've never used then hope for the best. Plus, only using weapons that share the same base in real life means you've almost got a budget dummy link!

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Kadorhal posted:

4) M1 Garand

*ping*

I do mandate at least one tank though, just for my sanity :v:

Kadorhal
Jun 3, 2013

Look, just sign the stupid petition. I've got stuff to do.

Ibblebibble posted:

I do mandate at least one tank though, just for my sanity :v:

Oh, right. Replace VBM59 with... I dunno, G36C, I guess?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Are only guns represented, or will we see rocket launchers and stuff? Will we see anti-materiel rifles?

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Mycroft Holmes posted:

They don't want her to random seize up and stop working for no loving reason goddamnit unjam you piece of poo poo what the gently caress why do I even have this!?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

CommissarMega posted:

Are only guns represented, or will we see rocket launchers and stuff? Will we see anti-materiel rifles?

Anti-materiel rifles are in the RF category along with the rest of the more general-use rifles. RF is a bit of a grab-bag. You've got battle rifles like M14 and sniper rifles like SV-98 alongside heavy hitters like NTW-20 and IWS2000 (come home please :negative:). As for rocket launchers and other heavy ordnance, there's stuff out in CN that we won't be seeing in EN for a long time, so I didn't mention them. We'll get to them when we get to them, I guess.

Ibblebibble fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Mar 21, 2019

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

1: Type 97S
2: USAS-12
3:M1919A4
4: RPD
5: SPP-1

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

For the curious, the warning sign just says Griffon and Krueger in Russian.

Also our villains' company is called Iron Blood or something

Gideon020
Apr 23, 2011

SSNeoman posted:

Also our villains' company is called Iron Blood or something

As much as the nonsense words 'Sangvs Ferri' can be translated to 'Iron Blood'. And we all know that the maid robo is only the start of the edge to come with this group.

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?
You're an absolute mad man op. The thread title is frustratingly on point as well.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

cokerpilot posted:

You're an absolute mad man op. The thread title is frustratingly on point as well.

Don't credit me with it, it's all thanks to a goon in the goon GFL Discord server when I asked for suggestions.

Rejected thread titles:
Guns, Girls and Grief
"My Gun Is Thirsty": The Girls' Frontline Story
"This is my raifu, this is my gun"
Welcome to 2062, Shikicunt

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Bring down the SF threat with the real heroine of the game!

RF: Super SASS
RF: SSG 69 (or OTs-44 for more suffering)
HG: Bren Ten
AR: CZ-805
SMG: MT-9

also featured: Bren Ten's remarkably well-animated battle sprite, complete with slide recoil action and tactical shuffle walk

Hoping this squad gets tried out maybe in 3HG 2RF form if hybrids aren't looking great for now

Gideon020
Apr 23, 2011
It's too bad they didn't put in a minigun girl in the MG category, so much potential for so many Terminator jokes there, now all lost forever or until a future CN-side update...

Oh well, least there's fanfiction for that.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Arnold Schwarzenegger fans will have to subsist on the M1887 shotgun and the Fury Fairy for now

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

It's time for the Soviet Surplus Squad! From the wreckage of oppressive robot waifus, they will build a communist utopia!
SVT-38
PTRD
Tokarev
Papushka
AK-47

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Changing my vote(s) to:

1: M1887 Shotgun
2: P08 Handgun
3: Suomi SMG
4: RPD Machine gun
5: AK-47 Assault rifle

Okay, finalized!

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Mar 22, 2019

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
1 MP5
2 SPP-1 but give her her scuba gear back
3 Shipka
4 Fr FAMAS
5 AK-47

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
also yeah anyone that ends up being interested, the game is pretty friendly to people that don't spend any money, as the main things money is used on for Gacha-ing is costume skins, and the Discord is really friendly and nice and willing to help anyone out with advice and stuff

also only minimal judgement when you slap down a few hundred dollars trying to get a wedding skin for your gun

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

Bring down the SF threat with the real heroine of the game!

RF: Super SASS
RF: SSG 69 (or OTs-44 for more suffering)
HG: Bren Ten
AR: CZ-805
SMG: MT-9

also featured: Bren Ten's remarkably well-animated battle sprite, complete with slide recoil action and tactical shuffle walk

Hoping this squad gets tried out maybe in 3HG 2RF form if hybrids aren't looking great for now

Barring any last minute suggestions I am probably going to go with this echelon.
A) I like Super SASS, the real protagonist of GFL.
B) It's much worse than it looks at first glance.

TheFlyingLlama posted:

1: Type 97S
2: USAS-12
3: M1919A4
4: RPD
5: SPP-1

This gets second place for also having bad tile compatibility and also eating up all my ammo stocks. If we need a second echelon at any time I'll probably go for this.

I'll start recording tomorrow after FFXIV's fanfest livestream which ends at ~3am GMT, so you have until then to submit echelons.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
I didn't even think about whether or not the tile buffs would fit when I made my picks. For those not in the know, you can get some pretty unusable squads if you select randomly. For example, consider the Micro Uzi SMG's tile buffs that point at formations that you would never start an Assault Rifle in! :downsgun:

Luckily, there is an awkward but workable formation for this ragtag bunch.

7: SSG 69 ----------- 8: Bren Ten
4: Super SASS ---- 5: MT-9
1: CZ-805

which I guess ensures that Bren Ten's skill cooldown is the fastest possible, while guaranteeing that SASS will do the least amount of damage possible! :v:

v edit: Rolling the dice with the plus-shaped formation! I'm already a fan.

Sidesaddle Cavalry fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Mar 22, 2019

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I went with an alternate formation.

This... might... work... maybe?

Gideon020
Apr 23, 2011
This can only end in hilarity and shredded clothing.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Ibblebibble posted:

one PMC's AI control goes haywire and starts taking over the world.

Nitpick: Not a PMC, a T-doll manufacturer. I haven't found much material about SF being a PMC.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

skaianDestiny posted:

Nitpick: Not a PMC, a T-doll manufacturer. I haven't found much material about SF being a PMC.

Thanks, edited.

Next update will hopefully be before Tuesday because FFXIV gets updated with new story then :v:

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Very disappointed no one is demanding micro uzi. Use micro uzi. :colbert:

Thyself D. Mad
Jan 14, 2015
I am curious as to how this compares to the only other gatcha game I've played, Fate/Grand Order. Looking forward to finding out what the actual gently caress is going on. Starting with everything going to hell is a hell of an introduction. At least the entirety of history isn't being incarnated.

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?

Thyself D. Mad posted:

I am curious as to how this compares to the only other gatcha game I've played, Fate/Grand Order. Looking forward to finding out what the actual gently caress is going on. Starting with everything going to hell is a hell of an introduction. At least the entirety of history isn't being incarnated.

... Well ... Um OP is world backstory a spoiler?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Dale-Taco posted:

Very disappointed no one is demanding micro uzi. Use micro uzi. :colbert:

For reasons unknown even to me, my copy of Micro Uzi is level 10 so she's not eligible for Chapter 1 :v: I'll let her into the voting pool from Chap 2 onwards. Maybe 1E.

Thyself D. Mad posted:

cokerpilot posted:

... Well ... Um OP is world backstory a spoiler?

If it's the really early stuff like WW3, sure. I'd rather you stay away from SF backstory though, because that'll be revealed over the course of the game.