Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Poor #30 on Marquette (I'm spacing on his name) is going to have nightmares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
This is an annihilation lmao

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

3/20 from the field. Lawl.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Since Steve Wojciechowski coaches Marquette I am perfectly fine with them getting shitboxed in the tournament.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
the vision on this kid my god

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Ja is going to screw around and end up with a 20/20 on points and assists.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

corn on the cop posted:

the vision on this kid my god

Yeah, he's an artist.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Just slinging it around like he's Brett loving Favre.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
15 and 14 get buckets and give buckets my man

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

How did Murray State manage to lose

*shuffles papers*

4 games?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

kiimo posted:

*shuffles papers*

4 games?
27-4

One of the best players in the country

12 seed lmao

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Cowart's lost some weight this season already. I'm going to pretend he's Draymond 2.0 now.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

kiimo posted:

*shuffles papers*

4 games?

How the gently caress are they a 12 seed

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Cowart was 6'8" 340 when he showed up at Murray State? That's a beefy motherfucker

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Rick posted:

Cowart's lost some weight this season already. I'm going to pretend he's Draymond 2.0 now.

I'm getting major Dejuan Blair flashbacks

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

I would love nothing more than for Ja to have a Kemba like tournament.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

There's the triple double

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Are you there, Ja? It's me im-pressed.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

PASS THE MASH posted:

I'm getting major Dejuan Blair flashbacks

That's a good comp.

Hope his knees stay good.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

All four of the other Murray State starters have taken at least as many shots as Ja Morant and I get the impression that he couldn't care less.

Meanwhile, the entire Marquette team outside of Howard and Hauser Brother #1 have been pretty much useless.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
I was priveledged enough to see both of Happ's triple doubles live, and the ferocious cheering for a stat in a game that's pretty much a foregone conclusion is so loving fun. gently caress yes Ja gets another 40

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
hoo boy Ja Morant against the infinite length of Florida State is going to be great

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

iospace posted:

There's the triple double

Did they say no one had one in the tournament since Draymond Green earlier?

I don't know why that surprises me, it's not like they're very common. But it still does.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

iospace posted:

How the gently caress are they a 12 seed

And how did Belmont, who they beat in the conference title game, get an 11?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Tom Sellout posted:

hoo boy Ja Morant against the infinite length of Florida State is going to be great

Yeah FSU is not really a great team but they are crazy long and athletic, that's a fun test for him.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Marquette? Never heard of her!

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

And how did Belmont, who they beat in the conference title game, get an 11?

I dunno Belmont beat them earlier in the year and won the regular season title it doesn't seem that bad. They were really loving good, and they had to play a play in game so it's not like they got a huge gift. Murray State was in danger of getting left out entirely before they made their conference tourney run.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Tom Sellout posted:

yes this will be an amazing matchup

Morant is an artist that overhead soccer throw-in style pass ALSO went to the exact perfect spot lol

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

That Finger roll. Those moves :eyepop:

Ja is too good.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

That Finger roll. Those moves :eyepop:

Ja is too good.
It's going to be pretty special to watch Phoenix pass him up with the #2 pick in the draft because of their organizational dysfunction.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

MourningView posted:

Yeah FSU is not really a great team but they are crazy long and athletic, that's a fun test for him.

I haven't seen FSU this year yet but I'm not the least bit surprised that they yet again recruited a team full of big long athletes again.

It's gonna be a very informative matchup.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

Spring's just getting started!!

I went on a chase in St Mary's county a few weeks ago for some continuing rarities. Saw Rock Wren and Varied Thrush but dipped on Barrow's Goldeneye. But all in all a success.

Sadly, the Varied Thrush died a few days later from a window strike :(. It had been continuing since December in some random suburban neighborhood and thankfully I got to see it. Was a lifer for me, and such a beautiful bird. Even better than I imagined it being.

Spring Migration is starting soon!! Hope I can get a mega-rare warbler one of these days. Come on Kirtland's!!

I never read NFL threads anymore so I'm glad to get a Kawalimus birding update here.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

git r dun florida

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

I wasn't expecting a whole lot out of it, but this FDU / Gonzaga game is men vs boys

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Crazy Ted posted:

All four of the other Murray State starters have taken at least as many shots as Ja Morant and I get the impression that he couldn't care less.

Meanwhile, the entire Marquette team outside of Howard and Hauser Brother #1 have been pretty much useless.

Gotta love the tale of the one-player team where the one player averages double-digit assists

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

I wasn't expecting a whole lot out of it, but this FDU / Gonzaga game is men vs boys
Yeah Gonzaga has spent the entire season beating the living poo poo out of other mid-major schools. Except at the end of the WCC tournament.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
When a 1 seed is absolutely crushing bumfuck state by 40 at halftime what does the coach of bumfuck state say to his players? What the hell goes on in that locker room?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

When a 1 seed is absolutely crushing bumfuck state by 40 at halftime what does the coach of bumfuck state say to his players? What the hell goes on in that locker room?

You’re playing in the NCAA Tournament, so enjoy the rest of the moment.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Are...we sure that Zion should go #1? Morant looked like a slam dunk #1 to me. He's like John Wall with a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Keep it under 50???