Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Typically you get as far as you can

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I will pick for the Chiefs

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Baggysteve is a known coward and Seahawks fan

Do not give him control of the 49ers

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Blitz7x posted:

Baggysteve is a known coward and Seahawks fan

Do not give him control of the 49ers

Mr Logan is a raiders fan and took the chargers

Who cares

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Mrlogan is a good person and not a coward and will in good faith choose to draft a QB to replace an ancient Rivers

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Professor Funk posted:

Do we do all 7 rounds? (it looked like you guys only did 3 last year, but maybe that's wrong)

You try to, but once we get close to the real draft, people lose interest. You typically get 2-4 rounds in.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I drafted Lamar Jackson at the 5th pick last year my god

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3852342

if you wanna see how bad you were last year

I'm a bit embarrassed because I ended up taking Calvin Ridley (good receiver, whatever) instead of Leighton Vander Esch which was my first inclination and would've been a much better choice and really filled a need for the Rams. However, that pick I used on Ridley was traded for Cooks so my inclination was correct

Silly Burrito posted:

You try to, but once we get close to the real draft, people lose interest. You typically get 2-4 rounds in.

Most of us, including me, don't really put so much focus on the draft that we know about guys that are going past the third round. Like I literally wouldn't know who they are, never would've seen them play. So it starts to matter less to you because it's mostly random anyways

weird Asian candy posted:

Are you going to give us analysis of each pick cuuuuuuz I feel like ya should

No promises but not a bad idea to pop in every now and then and offer some constructive criticism

Play fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Mar 22, 2019

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
As a late round prospect knower, I will take over the Cowboys if no one else is particularly interested.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
With my first pick in round 2 I will draft...Albert Belle, OF and DH from the Cleveland

Thank you.

Round 3 will be the Cobra Chicken Canadian Goose.

Apparently I want all assholes on my team.

(No but seriously I better get an idea who will be there round two for the Browns)

Gatts fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Mar 22, 2019

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

After reviewing the evidence I have decided to award the 49ers to...Baggy Steve (assuming he's still interested/following the thread).

As for my AFC South compatriot Metapod, it is my hope that he will choose another team and still participate. If not, I understand and wish him the best.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Gatts posted:

With my first pick in round 2 I will draft...Albert Belle, OF and DH from the Cleveland

Thank you.

Round 3 will be the Cobra Chicken Canadian Goose.

Apparently I want all assholes on my team.

(No but seriously I better get an idea who will be there round two for the Browns)

No love for Kenny Lofton, Jim Thome or Willie Mays Hays?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Teams that still need a GM:

Jaguars
Redskins
Vikings
Patriots
Bears

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
I will take the vikings, unless one of their fans would like to do the honors.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Flikken posted:

No love for Kenny Lofton, Jim Thome or Willie Mays Hays?

Nothing but hearts and love for them. Jim Thome may be my favorite baseball player.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
If their fans don't show up I'll take the Washington Racistnames and Jacksonville Jaguars

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
I'll take on the Bears if no fans turn up.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
I'll take the Jaguars

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I will pick for the hated Patriots if there's really no one else who wants to do it. It will be funny to compare this to whatever random dude Bill drafts out of goddam nowhere. If he doesn't just opt out entirely by trading back to get more 3rd round DB busts. Or maybe this is the year we finally draft James Develin's replacement!

Pats fans, feel free to PM me input on picks.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
What if we put together like a Google sheets or something like that with email addresses so we can send reminders if people aren't checking the thread for their picks? I'd be happy to do it if that helps?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

You're more than welcome to. Generally my practice is to send a PM after about 12 hours if they haven't picked, but if they don't have PMs I can't really do much besides wait out the clock and make the pick for them.

Speaking of, if your pick is coming up but you're not sure you'll be able to be around during the actual pick timeframe, please feel free to PM me a ranked list of players and I can make the pick for you. Just make sure you have enough players listed or you'll have to rely on my judgment.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Sad King Billy posted:

I'll take on the Bears if no fans turn up.

and give me the Racistnames let's get this bitch going

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Hell, sold. Ches Neckbeard has Washington, Sad King Billy has Chicago. I'll make the picks thread and we can get started.

Edit: Thread is made, a neat cape is on the clock!

ShakeZula fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Mar 24, 2019

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

ShakeZula posted:

Hell, sold. Ches Neckbeard has Washington, Sad King Billy has Chicago. I'll make the picks thread and we can get started.

Edit: Thread is made, a neat cape is on the clock!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xg-Y6-aR_ILRACu2vNTqqMRjhosPmcPNfktYhTUkgso/edit#gid=0

Here's the Google docs with names and teams, if you wanna put it in an OP.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Make a pick gosh darnit!!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Professor Funk posted:

Make a pick gosh darnit!!

fine geeze

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Well, I guess I should've heeded the warnings about Baggy Steve. I'll make the pick here shortly, and if Steve doesn't post in this thread in the next 24 hours I'll appoint a replacement for the 49ers.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

As a neutral party I volunteer to pick at least amusingly for the 49ers of San Francisco

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Ches Neckbeard posted:

As a neutral party I volunteer to pick at least amusingly for the 49ers of San Francisco

Appreciated, but I already have a replacement lined up for just such an occasion.

BaggySteve
Dec 4, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
it hasnt beem 24 hours

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

I will lobby for your reinstatement only if you convince me your pick is superior.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

ShakeZula posted:

Well, I guess I should've heeded the warnings about Baggy Steve. I'll make the pick here shortly, and if Steve doesn't post in this thread in the next 24 hours I'll appoint a replacement for the 49ers.

It's okay, everyone is fooled once by noted troll baggysteve aka Popdog

He exist to ruin draft threads

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
So it took until pick two to go off the rails this year. Nice.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Well hopefully it's just a speedbump, but I suppos we'll see if he turns out like Phobeste last year and keeps hanging around

That being said, the new GM for the 49ers is officially Eltoasto. Congrats!

BaggySteve
Dec 4, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Ruining your own draft tppic

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

ShakeZula posted:

Well hopefully it's just a speedbump, but I suppos we'll see if he turns out like Phobeste last year and keeps hanging around

That being said, the new GM for the 49ers is officially Eltoasto. Congrats!

So Williams is officially the pick?

If so can a mod delete the other posts in the pick thread?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Williams is officially the pick. To avoid any confusion, I will update the list in the OP as quickly as possible and it will always be official

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Williams is a solid pick, best player in the draft

https://twitter.com/FB_FilmAnalysis/status/1109686062006177793

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Blitz7x posted:

It's okay, everyone is fooled once by noted troll baggysteve aka Popdog

He exist to ruin draft threads

explain

ShakeZula