Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard
I'm serious, I've written several long blog posts, various private text documents for initiates only, and started a web store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

OP I'm learning practical physical skills such as emergency medicine, community defense and electrical engineering. I'm planning on stitching up a warlord after he kills you, cleaning your skull and reinforcing it so he can mount it on his war rig without it shattering and becoming his pet afterward.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I go to the gym three times a week and I try extra hard to find a woman who'll do the kind of sex poo poo that requires a functioning industry to cater to, and, hell, worst case scenario I'll jump off a cliff in 50 years instead of removing McMansion foundations from farmland until I heartattack

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Mameluke posted:

I go to the gym three times a week and I try extra hard to find a woman who'll do the kind of sex poo poo that requires a functioning industry to cater to, and, hell, worst case scenario I'll jump off a cliff in 50 years instead of removing McMansion foundations from farmland until I heartattack

yea but what are you doing to cope with the ecological collapse?

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Beans posted:

yea but what are you doing to cope with the ecological collapse?

Oh, uh, nothing OP. Sure on a global scale I was born incredibly luckily, but I'm not lucky enough to do any good by killing myself, and not lucky enough to do any by using my life to take another. Somebody buy Rebekah Mercer's four kids an account, I guess.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
By playing more mmo's, OP.

naem
May 29, 2011

bugs and algae

https://youtu.be/tAdrNQNP8ew

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
I'm going to throw a party, OP

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

gonna cry

gonna piss my pants maybe

maybe poo poo and cum

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
I'm pretty sure if we just confiscated all the rich people's air conditioners we could have the situation sorted out in a few years.

friendly 2 da void
Mar 23, 2018

Sorcery

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

The Butcher posted:

I'm pretty sure if we just confiscated all the rich people's air conditioners we could have the situation sorted out in a few years.

:nallears: if we could just confiscate stuff from rich people we would have had this figured out like 6000+ years ago

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i assume the post collapse world will function on prison rules, so i’ll just publicly kill and eat someone big and mean and then just wander the wastes, selling butthole and eating fools. i’ll probably dress up like Kevin costner

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Rutibex posted:

is it better to never raise them so they don't exist in the first place? I would take the life of a dairy cow over nonexistence.

I would think the better argument for eating less/no meat would be that livestock actually contribute a lot to greenhouse gasses and need a lot of fresh water for the amount of food they provide

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
global warming is real but its also been weaponized by the globalists who lie about the speed it will kill things off constantly to push their agenda and get everyone living in an 8'x10' community cell

the real heroes are eating invasive species and beekeeping while planting saplings of trees that are in serious decline

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Maybe this is all a simulation guys!!!
Wouldn't it be funny if some four eyes scientist finally cracked the code and exited the simulation just to find himself in a bunker on an ecologically devastated world.

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard

Colonel Cancer posted:

Maybe this is all a simulation guys!!!
Wouldn't it be funny if some four eyes scientist finally cracked the code and exited the simulation just to find himself in a bunker on an ecologically devastated world.

How can someone exit a simulation? Do you think it would be like The Matrix where everyone has a meat body that's just plugged in waiting?

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard
Also yes this is a simulation.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Make that 3

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

DrowningInDreams posted:

How can someone exit a simulation? Do you think it would be like The Matrix where everyone has a meat body that's just plugged in waiting?

Hollywood magic idk?

Like OK he breaks the sandbox and activates a *real* webcam to take a peek at the true reality. Better now?

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard

Colonel Cancer posted:

Hollywood magic idk?

Like OK he breaks the sandbox and activates a *real* webcam to take a peek at the true reality. Better now?

Yeah that's a bit better. I guess there might be 3D bioprinters that just print a whole body, that could be cool.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

DrowningInDreams posted:

all of reality is just a dream in the mind of Azathoth. when he wakes nothing will exist

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

DrowningInDreams posted:

They hack their code into a Roomba

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

extra stout posted:

global warming is real but its also been weaponized by the globalists who lie about the speed it will kill things off constantly to push their agenda and get everyone living in an 8'x10' community cell

the real heroes are eating invasive species and beekeeping while planting saplings of trees that are in serious decline

is globalism like flat earth theory

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard

Rutibex posted:

all of reality is just a dream in the mind of Azathoth. when he wakes nothing will exist

A schizophrenic hallucination once told me that the multiverse is a false vacuum tree.

FactsAreUseless posted:

They hack their code into a Roomba

You spelled sex toy wrong.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

WatermelonGun posted:

is globalism like flat earth theory

Basically but earth is a matzo

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

DrowningInDreams posted:

Eh, it's a livin'.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

DrowningInDreams posted:

no wheels

probably

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

FactsAreUseless posted:

no wheels

probably

It's a webcam mounted on a dildo mounted on a radio controlled and fully networked toy car.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Colonel Cancer posted:

It's a webcam mounted on a dildo mounted on a radio controlled and fully networked toy car.
Thousands of hours of footage of a dildo jamming someone in the taint by accident

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012

DrowningInDreams posted:

Plug your mouth onto a penis until the exit juice comes out.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Wasn’t that the plot of the movie Thirteenth Floor, it was a bad movie someone learns they’re in a simulation and manage to get out of it because *reasons*

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
'Western Antarctica'. What the gently caress does that mean? Don't they mean northern Antarctica? It's a circle you dumbass wannabe cartographer.

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf

Do it ironically posted:

Wasn’t that the plot of the movie Thirteenth Floor, it was a bad movie someone learns they’re in a simulation and manage to get out of it because *reasons*

The best thing about this movie is that it mentions Toledo and I was living in Toledo at the time at came out and some guy in the theater yelled 'man gently caress Toledo' real loud

Otherwise yeah I think it was very much like the matrix but got eclipsed by the matrix because it had no kung fu

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Do it ironically posted:

it also might be the plot of Total Recall (the original one I never saw the remake). It's unclear if it actually is a simulation in the end, but it's heavily implied

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Rutibex posted:

it also might be the plot of Total Recall (the original one I never saw the remake). It's unclear if it actually is a simulation in the end, but it's heavily implied

I didn’t see the remake either just the Arnold one bit it’s been years not sure if at the end it was implied or not but I vaguely remember the thirteenth floor being a futurama spoof on the twilight zone, yes you are in here

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Farrier Theaks posted:

The best thing about this movie is that it mentions Toledo and I was living in Toledo at the time at came out and some guy in the theater yelled 'man gently caress Toledo' real loud

Otherwise yeah I think it was very much like the matrix but got eclipsed by the matrix because it had no kung fu

See until I read this post I forgot Toledo existed lmao so who knows maybe we are in a simulation

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Flannelette posted:

I think we already had a smilie for just this question

:killing:

Nah that smilie describes how the world is right now, this thread is about the future

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

DrowningInDreams posted:

The historical documentary Star Ocean covered this. It's been awhile but i think you teach savage peoples electricity then fight a dragon and then you can gamble in the real world where everything is lasers. If the simulation is deleted you just go "nah" and continue existing too it's a pretty sweet gig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ex-Priest Tobin
May 25, 2014

by Reene
I don't believe in climate change so I find the OP's question a bit silly, tbh.